Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
electrosexual

(Another) Thread about eyebrows

I do know that there has been a thread about eyebrow removal before but I saw it as not providing the answers I'd like.

Basically I've been thinking about shaving my eyebrows for about a week now and I've just a few questions to ask you all before I go ahead with it, if I do.

Because my school is run by a bunch of stupid fascists, I'd almost surely be expelled/suspended if I came in with "goth brows". I'd like to know are there any products on the market for drawing on eyebrows realistically in situations where I'd need to? And would anyone have tips on drawing them on naturally?

If I were to shave, how long would it take for them to grow back fully? (If they even do)

Would I shave with the direction of my hair growth or against it?

Is the stubble noticable?

Would my eyebrows look any different after they have grown back?

Thank you all for reading this :] X
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
KontanKarite

Honestly... I wouldn't reccomend you shave your eyebrows. Do what you want, but really... you're far too pretty to shave them all off. I know I know, I'm sounding restrictive. But I'm really just saying that I find your eyes and eyebrows are very very pretty together.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Look, I hate to be "that guy," but...no, wait, I LOVE being "that guy."

Anyway, it's not a huge deal, but in the future, if you want to talk about something like this and it already has a thread--use the thread, just post in it asking your question.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Honestly... I wouldn't reccomend you shave your eyebrows. Do what you want, but really... you're far too pretty to shave them all off. I know I know, I'm sounding restrictive. But I'm really just saying that I find your eyes and eyebrows are very very pretty together.
Aw thanks ^_^. Plucking them is soo annoying though >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Look, I hate to be "that guy," but...no, wait, I LOVE being "that guy."

Anyway, it's not a huge deal, but in the future, if you want to talk about something like this and it already has a thread--use the thread, just post in it asking your question.
Ok :]. I posted my reasons for creating a new thread however, and that although it was about eyebrows, it wasn't specific in regards to my questions. And besides, awakening old threads just depresses me.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

Well, we have our ways.

ANYWAY. To answer the questions at hand...I shave my eyebrows, and they're WONDERFUL. Completely wonderful.

First, yes, there are products you can use to draw them in naturally, but if you practice, you won't need them. You can find stencils in beauty shops like Sephora and Sally Beauty.

Second--Never let mine grow back in, so I don't know.

Third--I shave against, and I very VERY rarely cut myself, and I've never gotten razor burn.

Fourth, sometimes stubble is noticeable, but only after about two days. Get a razor just for your eyebrows, and it'll last really long, because it's only being used for eyebrows, and you can shave them every day.

Lastly, I don't know, because I've never let mine grow back.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
electrosexual

Thank you for that wealth of information :]]

Stencils would be something I'd never think of. I'll definately look into that. :}
Old 08-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Thank you for that wealth of information :]]

Stencils would be something I'd never think of. I'll definately look into that. :}
I've never actually used them, though. Even when you shave your brow, you can tell where the natural brow is, and use it as a guide to paint them on with liquid liner.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
Cirla Vye Torrun

"I'd like to know are there any products on the market for drawing on eyebrows realistically in situations where I'd need to?"

If you're in one of "those types" of situations, just use a simple curved line, nothing fancy, I'd think. If they argue, tell them your great-aunt says it's hygienic. No one will argue.
Cirla Vye Torrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #9
Beneath the Shadows

If you'd have to try to make them look as real as possible after shaving them, don't bother. Just keep them.
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:43 AM   #10
electrosexual

It's settled then. My eyebrows are staying.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #11
Linen

You can have my lack of eyebrows... they are naturally thin an sparse. I have to fill them in daily and it sucks. I am thinking about getting them tattooed on like my mom did (no eyebrows runs in the family).
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
Lapin

My issue with my eyebrows is that they start off brown and turn blonde. I have to color them in evry day. (I feel your pain Linen) If I don't, it actually looks like I have half an eyebrow.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have naturally black eyebrows, when my natural hair color is light auburn.

You guys can have my eyebrows.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #14
Anguelon

I assume the facists you're talking about are nuns. Back to the subject, I shaved my eyebrows for quiet a while. I always told them that I had burnt my eyebrows by accident while having a BBQ, cooking, I don't need to tell you how to lie. The evil facists will assume that they need time to grow back.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #15
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
My issue with my eyebrows is that they start off brown and turn blonde. I have to color them in evry day. (I feel your pain Linen) If I don't, it actually looks like I have half an eyebrow.
That's how my eyebrows are. Added to that the fact that the hair on my head is brown(ish) and my facial hair is red, and I'm just confused.
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #16
Metabolik

I cut alot of my left eyebrow off when i was 5 because I got some blue-tac stuck in it, so I cut a load of it of...lol
Old 08-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #17
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I managed to cut a chunk of my eyebrow off once... Don't remember how. Didn't hurt my eye at all, and no, I wasn't drunk. I was in grade 8.

I pluck my eyebrows, and yes, it is a pain in the ass, but I don't trust myself with wax or a razor that close to my eyes. My eyes are precious enough to me that I'd probably have to shoot myself (or something to that effect) if I went blind. Presumably, though, they'll eventually stop growing in. My Dad tries to use that as an argument against plucking, using my granny as an example (who actually plucked her eye brows into so many different shapes over the years, that she no longer has any and draws them in), but I've no intention of changing my eyebrow shape.

My eyebrows are thicker than anyone's in my family. My dad's eyebrows are really sparse, just like the whole of his side of the family. I haven't paid much attention to eyebrows at family gatherings, but I will next time. My mom's eyebrows are sparser than mine, and not as thick. Somehow, though, genetics combined to give me dense, rather heavy (for a girl, at least), black eyebrows.

Also, if you decide to draw in your eyebrows, don't do it like this security guard I saw at the National Gallery.... her eyebrows were kind of like wonky sine waves. I was always a little frightened of her.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #18
[MISS]-cobbwebs

Heres a old theater trick thats easy to do.
Take a bar of soap and make it damp, stoke it on your eyebrows in the same way your eyebrows go. When your eyebrows are flat on your skin, let them dry. Then just put some foundation and powder to cover them up and then you and just draw them on with some liquid eyeliner or something or just go eyebrowless. lol. It may feel weird but I'm sure it will work if your eyebrows are not too thick or dark.
[MISS]-cobbwebs is offline   Reply With Quote