Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 AM   #26
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
So the U.S. Border patrol still employs cunts. Meh.
It's not just that this is one bad actor here, it is instituted racism.

For example, when was the last time a Canadian was shot crossing the border? Why is it there are no incidents like this on the Northern border, when Canadians try and cross over? More importantly, with all the Canadians who have crossed the border and are here 'illegally' why is there no out-cry to have them all removed?

It seems everyday more and more non-whites are being blamed for all the countries problems and due to their skin colour and difference in culture/language/etc they are being singled out.

Whats really disturbing is the stuff being said around this topic and of course involving Arizona is straight out of white aryan literature, the stuff they have been saying for years. In fact, reports show membership in such groups is up by a huge amount, which should bother people more IMHO.

When what is considered by many mainstream politics finds itself on par with hate mongers, one really has to take a hard look at the values you are putting out there for society.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #27
Deadmanwalking_05

Why do you continue trying to make this about race?

I'm against anyone being in my Country Illegally,no matter the culture,color,or religious affiliation of the individual in question,if they don't want to go the legal route,they should be sent packing no matter who the hell they are.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #28
CptSternn

Because it IS about race. If you are not putting the same effort or restrictions on both borders and using guidelines that single out groups of people when other 'illegals' exist at the same time, then that is racism.

Per the previous post about the Irish - 50,000 'illegal' Irish live in NYC. Congressmen are bending over backwards to find ways to make them legal. At the same time many of these same Congressmen are supporting the law in Arizona.

It's not that hard to connect the dots.

There are many European 'illegals' in America, millions literally, yet none of these laws seem to target them, and the language in them along with the accompanying rhetoric we see put forth by the backers of these measures seem to discard that.

Racism is singling out a group for persecution. In this case, it is the Mexican, because no one is arguing that the illegals working at your local Chinese restaurant, or the Irish at you local pub need to go, but for some reason the Mexicans are the ones people have decided to take aim at.

In fact, many people deal with illegals all the time, its just since they are white or non-Mexican most don't even think about it.

It reminds me of The Simpsons episode they did on this very topic, when they wanted to get rid of all illegals, until they found out Apu was illegal, then the town banded together to save him, as they did not even think that their friend would be included in the name-less, face-less statistics they were sending away.

I mean, it is pretty bad when a state decides to follow through with a law that even an episode of The Simpsons took the piss out of years before they even decided to try.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #29
Deadmanwalking_05

You're still trying to play the race card.

The law you're talking about is only to be used AFTER the Illegal Individual in question is caught committing a crime,so you defend illegal immigrants breaking the laws in the U.S. and possibly killing U.S. Citizens whilst doing so?

That's what it sounds like to me from your argument.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #30
KissMeDeadly

Sternn, while I admit you are partially right about people caring more about illegal Mexicans than Canadians or Europeans or whatever, I think you need to understand that it is a lot easier to pick out an illegal Mexican than an illegal Canadian. The illegal Mexican, aside from skin color, will speak a different language, or at least have some sort of accent, they'll be from a very different culture, so they'll act differently, etc. And this isn't to say Canada isn't culturally different than the states, but it isn't as nearly as huge a gap as with Mexico.

And, not only that, US boarder patrol didn't shoot a Canadian kid, they shot a Mexican kid. We do have boarder patrol on the other side, and they are just as likely to fuck up like they did there in the south.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #31
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
Sternn, while I admit you are partially right about people caring more about illegal Mexicans than Canadians or Europeans or whatever, I think you need to understand that it is a lot easier to pick out an illegal Mexican than an illegal Canadian. The illegal Mexican, aside from skin color, will speak a different language, or at least have some sort of accent, they'll be from a very different culture, so they'll act differently, etc. And this isn't to say Canada isn't culturally different than the states, but it isn't as nearly as huge a gap as with Mexico.

And, not only that, US boarder patrol didn't shoot a Canadian kid, they shot a Mexican kid. We do have boarder patrol on the other side, and they are just as likely to fuck up like they did there in the south.
The Real Issue here...
The Fucking Kid was throwing fucking rocks at the B.P. Officers on the U.S. Side,and continued to throw said rocks until he was handed a copper coated Darwin Award,after multiple warnings.

(It's pretty fucking scary when I'm the god damned voice of reason in a discussion)

Old 06-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #32
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
Why do you continue trying to make this about race?
Because without turning it into a race issue, he doesn't have an issue. Problem is, he doesn't realize that this makes him the racist.

He doesn't seem to understand that tensions are higher with illegal Mexicans than they are with illegal Canadians because there are about one hundred times as many illegal Mexicans than illegal Canadians. Which, of course, is due to the fact that the Mexican economy sucks, whereas the Canadian economy is in pretty decent shape. We don't hear about as many shootings on the Canadian border because there's no where near as many instances of illegal border crossing.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #33
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
Because without turning it into a race issue, he doesn't have an issue. Problem is, he doesn't realize that this makes him the racist.

He doesn't seem to understand that tensions are higher with illegal Mexicans than they are with illegal Canadians because there are about one hundred times as many illegal Mexicans than illegal Canadians. Which, of course, is due to the fact that the Mexican economy sucks, whereas the Canadian economy is in pretty decent shape. We don't hear about as many shootings on the Canadian border because there's no where near as many instances of illegal border crossing.
Plus you don't hear about too many instances of Illegal Immigrants from Canada getting violent during a border crossing.