Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

View Poll Results: Who is the best Doctor?
Fourth 0 0%
Ninth 1 16.67%
Tenth 4 66.67%
Eleventh 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
KissMeDeadly

The Doctor is IN

So, pretty simple. 4th, 9th, 10th, or 11th for best Doctor. Personally, I'll go with nine, just for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYoLG_iP9Ec
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Ben Lahnger

I really liked that scene when I saw it, but then Christopher Eccleston broke my heart when he decided to quit after only holding on to role for one season. So he walked off and was never heard from again.

David Tenant charmed and bemused me for a four year spell, and never let on any sign of getting tired of it all. And he's still gracious and lovable and patient in interviews after the fact to this date. I loved Tom Baker when he started, but only his first three years are really good ... after that, more and more as time went on, he was only going through the motions.

So, David Tenant ... or Doctor number 10 ... is it for me!

Camptown races?!?

Oh, and as an afterthought, I didn't think I was going to like Matt Smith's 11th Doctor based on his appearance, but he's winning me over.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
Apathy's_Child

I think Matt Smith's done a decent enough job acting-wise, but just find him too young for the part. It's hard to take him seriously when he's ticking off entire races off ass-kicking aliens for transgressing intergalactic law. I just keep waiting for them to grab his bow tie and start playing keep-away with it over his head or something.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
Solumina

I think I have to go with Tenant just because he so wholly embraced the role both on and off screen. If dear Doctor 9 had been on for more than one season I think he would have been my favorite as I don't think that any of the other Doctors were anywhere near as amazing in their first season but he only had that one season and I just grew to love #10 more and more as time went on.

I do also agree that Smith is a bit young for the role, sometimes it works for him and sometimes it really works against him. I think that he needs to man up and make it his own, cuz right now his companion is totally outshining him.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
Apathy's_Child

Amy Pond? For real? Despite the smokin' hotness of Karen Gillan, that character makes me sad. I had such high hopes for her, but most of her screen-time seems to be taken up pouting, pouncing on opportunities to say something oh-so-spikey like Rob Reiner faced with a Big Mac, and saying cringey shit like "Oh, who's Mister Grumpy Face?"

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
WhispofMemory

Tennant's Doctor is my favorite but I haven't been exposed to them all, just 9-11. I have yet to get through 1 classic episode from Doctor Who.
WhispofMemory is offline   Reply With Quote