Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 PM   #51
Sir Canvas Corpsey

:O

/fap fap fap

Bah, why can't it be tomorrow!?

Oh and you may like this for some reason:
I am eating a vegetarian focaccia filled with pumpkin, spinach, carrot and a whole bunch of other vegetable yummies.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #52
Saya

Oh yum! I am envious.

His lyrium looks painful.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:24 PM   #53
Sir Canvas Corpsey

You'll just have to soothe his pain, dear Lady Hawke. Show him the nimble and gentle touch of rogues.

Yeah, our uni cafe is great for having vegetarian options
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #54
Saya

Hehehe, probably another night. I have class in six hours >.> By the time I get to it again you'll probably be further along than I got.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 PM   #55
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Well it's 6:30 PM wednesday, and I won't be able to pick it up until at least 9:00 tomorrow morning. AND THEN I have a class on Friday morning for 3 hours, then a 50th birthday on the Saturday, Sunday nothing but then a Monday with 2 classes, 3 hours each. So maybe not dear Saya. Maybe not.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #56
Saya

So the rivalry/friendship thing can fuck right off. I'm trying to play it sort of neutral but if I don't want to kill all mages Fenris doesn't like me, so I thought "Okay, so I can rival romance him", but I don't like being a bitch to him so I get friendship points, so he's neutral >.< I can't decide whether to be a bitch or romance Merrill in this run.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #57
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Read some of the info on Fenris on the DA wiki if you want to cry in frustration.

I'm still an hour and a half off getting DA2
Old 03-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #58
Saya

There's barely any info there! HOW DO I ROMANCE HIM?!

And I don't want to side with the mages, but I don't want to side with the templars. Why can I not be the voice of reason?!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #59
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
There's barely any info there! HOW DO I ROMANCE HIM?!

And I don't want to side with the mages, but I don't want to side with the templars. Why can I not be the voice of reason?!
Because one group are religious nuts and the other are x-men.

I'm going with Mages because the Chantry has stepped on enough basic rights that I come to expect living in this place and current era.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #60
Saya

Fenris raises pretty valid points though, about what happened in Tevinter, mages got freedom, became magisters, and the poor thing was enslaved and damn his puppy eyes to hell. But the Tranquility is so cruel.

I guess I'll have to wait and see what Cassandra's plan is.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #61
Sir Canvas Corpsey

True on what happens in Tevinter is pretty bad, but it's not like the Chantry itself can call high ground after shit like Tranquility or the Exalted Marches.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #62
Saya

I know! And there's the problem, everyone has a good point. I hate the chantry, but there's no option for having a secular third party collaborating with mages to assure some amount of rights and yet protection for those without magic.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #63
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I'd say that's a result of Chantry and state not being separated, to not fall in line with the Chantry makes you a 'heathen' in peaceful times, and an enemy in desperate times. So at this point, a third party would be seen in opposition or at least challenging the current political structure because it does not rely on the Chantry and it seeks to reform law instated by the Chantry.

EDIT: A third party would therefore need to be created post conflict after siding with one group or the other to gain the necessary power to put your ideas through (siding with Chantry) or instating a new order (siding with Mages)
Old 03-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #64
Saya

We can protest peacefully and chain ourselves to the Circle's doors!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #65
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Somehow I don't think the Templars will mind running you through, the Chantry only has to brand you apostates, maleficarum or allies of them regardless of the truth and you will be struck down. Or you might make good Blood Slaves or Walking Bombs for the mages...

Both groups have their unscrupulous sorts ready to ignore your intentions.

(Yes I know you said that with a touch of humor, but I had no humorous way of responding )

I don't remember if I ordered the signature edition or not... if I did I'll pm you my exiled prince code, and use points to buy my own sebastian. : D
Old 03-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #66
Saya

You don't have to! I'm almost to the second act, think its a bit late.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #67
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Well if I do have the sig edition it's yours, well yours and your friend's. I do however get the sinking feeling I only got the regular edition. (I got $2000+ from the government on Monday as sort of a new year's bonus, that's why I'm being this generous :P )
Old 03-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #68
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I only ordered the regular edition it seems but all my decisions seem to import properly from my Witch Hunt save! It is so good and awesome to play. I'm only just running off to find Aveline in the Viscount's Keep but mmmmm!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #69
Saya

God dammit, I'm trying to get serious work done and now i want to play so we can relay to each other XD
Old 03-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #70
Despanan

Dammit. I lost DAYS to Origins...I'm not sure if I want DA: 2 to live up to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #71
Saya

Tell me about it. I have tons of work to do and I need to find a job soon, this isn't what I need.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 PM   #72
Saya

Hey SCC, since this is essentially a bonding thread, have you seen Religious Studies Dove?

http://fyreligiousstudiesdove.tumblr.com/
Old 03-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #73
Murder.Of.Crows

Oh that reminds me of when I was taking a class on mythology. I asked why christian mythology is'nt in the text books. I was asked to leave the class.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #74
Saya

Awww. We don't have a "mythology" class to speak of. Ancient greek stuff is Classics, everything else is treated the same.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #75
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Hahahaha, I love that dove!

Also, I just got Fenris and I have Anders too... I was so set on Fenris and not going after Anders but damn that mage is winning me over fast. Fenris made a much smaller impression.