Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #26
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Not that I really care what you say, where I was taught grammar, it makes sense.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #27
MollyMac

General rule of forums, rather- something of which I have taken note:

The more spelling, punctuation and grammar are attacked (especially when the point is made clearly, regardless of syntax correctness) the less the alleged attacker really has to say, the less equipped they are for an actual argument of sides and points of view.

It is funnier when their attack is also flawed.
MollyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #28
Crying_Crimson_Tears

We still don't need our every sentence corrected. It's dumb to correct every one.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 12-30-2006, 06:17 PM   #29
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
General rule of forums, rather- something of which I have taken note:

The more spelling, punctuation and grammar are attacked (especially when the point is made clearly, regardless of syntax correctness) the less the alleged attacker really has to say, the less equipped they are for an actual argument of sides and points of view.

It is funnier when their attack is also flawed.
So in other words, something that you are making up to weight your opinion? How clever.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #30
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
We still don't need our every sentence corrected. It's dumb to correct every one.
You do apparently.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #31
Crying_Crimson_Tears

No, we don't. It's called finding out for our own. Growing up, learning. We can't always have someone fixing our every mistake. Plus, why would you want to waste your time correcting us when you apparently you have so many other things to do???

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 12-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #32
om3gag0th666

Quote:
No, we don't. It's called finding out for our own. Growing up, learning. We can't always have someone fixing our every mistake. Plus, why would you want to waste your time correcting us when you apparently you have so many other things to do???
Because you're fucking stupid. Grow up, learn. You are finding out now, you would have never found out on your own; because you want to be stupid.

There is a difference between you and me, all mistakes I make are ignorance, all mistakes you make are stupidity.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #33
Godslayer Jillian

I just got into a major ranting with Cradle (not about him, but I said the rant to him)
It's kind of funny, so I'll post it here:
Jill- remember Poupee Celestia?
Cradle- yeah, why?
Jill- well, I still talk to her and asked her why hasn't she been around. She told me that there was another "gothic" forum where she was... a lot more ignorant to the subculture, but it's in Spanish.
I asked her that if I joined the forum, she would post in Gnet again, so we made the deal.
They're idiots!!
First of all, I made a thread about Specimen. No single fucking response, yet they talk about the new Manson song of This is Halloween of Nightmare Before Christmas, they mostly talk on a thread about the best metal bands, and in the What Are You Listening To thread, there's only black metal. The gothiest it gets is Lacrimosa.
Lacrimosa is awesome, but you have to understand that it is a very famous band in Latin America. There's not much special about liking them as it's more probable you only like them because people say they're gothic, not because you sincerely appreciate their talent.
Then, they have a philosophy section, but let me tell you about some of the threads in there.
"Satanism: humanist philosophy or cult of evil?" They do know what Satanism is, thank god, but that thread keeps going on and on and everyone says the same.
"uhhh.... satanism isn't about worhissping satan, it's about worshipping oneself" yeah, I've read that like fucking thirty times in that thread; no need to repeat it, asshole.
Then there's this new thread called "when you die, where do you want to go?" The options are Heaven, Hell, or Limbo. Only three people have posted there so far:
The author of the thread, whose post only says "heaven hell or limbo?"
The second person said something about the Limbo and then said that he wants to go to hell with the rockers.
And then there's me bitching about how wanting to go to hell is just fucking stupid.
"If you're in Hell, trust me, you won't be thinking that you're 'with the rockers'. Can you really define the rest of your immortal existence because of a style? The shallowness of that can be tasted in the air"
Then there are three sections on Occultism; notice that I said sections, not threads. There's a myriad of threads in each. One of the sections is called "Creatures of the Night". It's basically a score threads on exactly the same: "what creature of the night do you prefer?"
In total there are twenty five section in the forum with hundreds of threads in each, and only on section is about music.
The most visited sections are the Occultism ones.
In my introduction I named each and every one of the bands I listen to, a compilation of traditional gothic bands, progressive rock, and deathrock... many just told me "wow, I have never heard of those bands"
There's a thread that's called My Solitude.
"Who am I... I don't know I only know that I'm a lonely soul because I'm alone for being different..." That's how the fucking thread begins. ¬¬
Oh, and there was a thread on the thing of Pluto... how it's not a planet anymore. One guy said that it would mess up with astrology.
Yes, because astrology is an accurate branch of science...
P.S. Pluto was discovered in 1930! How much damage can it have with astrology?
Oh, wait, here's the best part:
A fucktard found a way to blame Bush on that!!!
And then related that to the "fact" that Bush specifically hates Goths.

I'll stop right here.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #34
MollyMac

Quote:
I wasn't implying that your sentence needed any correction, nor would I as your point was clear.

I just love it when those who do the correcting are flawed in their own syntax, it's red ink in meta. My argument was basically that if that all they attack is grammar and punctuation, then there is no argument save for that which you will allow because it *is* irritating...

... like a toddler shrieking for attention, claiming intelligence beyond it's capabilities. A pitcher of bravado and implied intellect being poured into a shot glass of ability; and the overflow apparently gets posted here by that troll. It said in an earlier post: "I have not found my intellectual equal here"... yes, i can see that, but not for the reason it implied.

And frankly, lets say that it *is* true, that it is a genius, an undefeated champion of the undeclared braincell melee. To quote my husband, "If you are undefeated, then you are fighting the wrong people", i.e. Big fish, small pond. Can't hack it in the real ocean.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #35
Godslayer Jillian

WTF? This is not the Rant Thread!
Can someone erase my rant?
EDIT: I'm loving you husband's phrase.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #36
om3gag0th666

Quote:
I wasn't implying that your sentence needed any correction, nor would I as your point was clear.

I just love it when those who do the correcting are flawed in their own syntax, it's red ink in meta. My argument was basically that if that all they attack is grammar and punctuation, then there is no argument save for that which you will allow because it *is* irritating...

... like a toddler shrieking for attention, claiming intelligence beyond it's capabilities. A pitcher of bravado and implied intellect being poured into a shot glass of ability; and the overflow apparently gets posted here by that troll. It said in an earlier post: "I have not found my intellectual equal here"... yes, i can see that, but not for the reason it implied.

And frankly, lets say that it *is* true, that it is a genius, an undefeated champion of the undeclared braincell melee. To quote my husband, "If you are undefeated, then you are fighting the wrong people", i.e. Big fish, small pond. Can't hack it in the real ocean.

Are you done with your fustian monologue? Good, now let's return to the real world, dumb ass.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #37
MollyMac

Thought provoking retort, as always.
Old 12-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #38
om3gag0th666

You got the provokation right. I just can't take someone seriously who insists on calling me an *it*. I find that pretention such as that is so poorly guised that you might as well walk around with a God damn tin hat and tell me that the aliens are fucking coming.

Don't patronize me, you haven't the wit yet. While you were squandering your pussy on a fun time in high-school I was too busy analyzing the human position to give a shit about the sexual aspect (despite my own dabbles with sexuality which always ended in my own disgust in their sloth).

Now can we cease this mindless ad hominem bickering? I was merely making a point, and you have to harp on me like I even was trying to attack his position. I don't really care about the affairs of his pissant cognizance.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:53 AM   #39
Feeble Minded

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Doesn't matter logically, correct?
Touché....
Feeble Minded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 AM   #40
MollyMac

"This message is hidden because om3gag0th666 is on your ignore list."

Excellent, now it doesn't waste my board space with petulence.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:12 PM   #41
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:

I wasn't talking to you dearie. I was retorting to Om3ga.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 12-31-2006, 12:15 PM   #42
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Quote:
Because you're fucking stupid. Grow up, learn. You are finding out now, you would have never found out on your own; because you want to be stupid.

There is a difference between you and me, all mistakes I make are ignorance, all mistakes you make are stupidity.
Not necessarily. How could you know if I was stupid without being in my mind??? Or seeing how else I act on a normal basis??? And I have found out things on my own, unlike you. You still have yet to learn that we don't need you pointing everything out to us, and that you are wasting our and your time by being here.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 12-31-2006, 12:19 PM   #43
Crying_Crimson_Tears

"This message is hidden because om3gag0th666 is on your ignore list."

There, now my problem is settled.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 12-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #44
om3gag0th666

Yes yes, everyone claims to be better than me here, but when it comes down to it, they cringe into a little ball and hide from me. Kind of lame...especially when they want the last word.

Then they talk about maturity, amazing.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:57 PM   #45
Mir

So how does one prove they are better than you? Or is that impossible?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #46
om3gag0th666

Simply by proving it. I haven't seen anyone who can go back and forth with me here. I do feel like a big fish in a small pond. I've had my betters elsewhere, but unfortunately the closest I see is Julian, that is all.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:27 PM   #47
Mir

Fair enough. So why don't you help these kids along? Everyone has to grow up sometime right?

Edit: Most people here think they don't need any help, so good luck with that.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:10 PM   #48
om3gag0th666

I am kind of tired of trying to explain why being a goth is immature. I know no one here agrees with me, but isn't it high-schoolish? I mean, I kind of was into this whole 'goth' thing when I was like 15, then I grew out of it by 16-17, and now at 19 I just wish I knew what I knew now. It seems painfully stupid.

I just wish they would all grow up and realize that style of dress, style of mind, and the 'sub-culture' is really what is hindering their creativity.

Yeah people try to say that 'goth' children are intelligent. They just have their one million goth phrases and vernacular. It's nothing impressive. It's as impressive as gangster speak to me.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:51 PM   #49
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
I am kind of tired of trying to explain why being a goth is immature. I know no one here agrees with me, but isn't it high-schoolish? I mean, I kind of was into this whole 'goth' thing when I was like 15, then I grew out of it by 16-17, and now at 19 I just wish I knew what I knew now. It seems painfully stupid.

I just wish they would all grow up and realize that style of dress, style of mind, and the 'sub-culture' is really what is hindering their creativity.

Yeah people try to say that 'goth' children are intelligent. They just have their one million goth phrases and vernacular. It's nothing impressive. It's as impressive as gangster speak to me.
You are on a GOTHIC forum, trying to tell people to stop being GOTHIC. Don't you see the irony?
Old 12-31-2006, 08:56 PM   #50
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
You are on a GOTHIC forum, trying to tell people to stop being GOTHIC. Don't you see the irony?
No? Irony would be me identifying myself as gothic when I really am the antithesis of gothic.

Or ****** a gay man because that would "show him."

So is walking into a bar and trying to convince people to stop being alcoholics ironic, or just nigh futile?