Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Elizabeth Bundy

greetings from chicago.

hello. i'm a bit new to this place so if i'm going about this whole thing wrong, feel free to correct me.

my name is elizabeth bundy. it's not my real name. i've renamed myself; my middle name, and bundy, after my intense, morbid fascination with ted bundy. i love serial killers. they're the most interesting thing on the planet.

i'm an AP student. i'm actually very smart. i find a way to incorporate AP biology into everyday life. i love reading, and i mourn the death of JD salinger.

i love goth subculture. i'm the one of the only two people i know who genuinely likes the culture. we know it stemmed from punk, we know what bands are legitimately 'goth' (ie. das ich, bauhaus, alien sex fiend), which music goths just happen to like (the cure- arguably the best band ever-, the smiths), and how to appreciate the negative when everyone else abhors it. my favorite article of clothing is my veil, and i wear it everywhere.

emo is stupid. scene makes me want to explode. i feel like no one is themselves. i'm looking for legitimate friends and people i can relate to, so speak away if you're interested.

-elizabeth bundy.

Last edited by Elizabeth Bundy; 01-28-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: i made a typo. it was sad.
Elizabeth Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Elizabeth Bundy

posting this because i realized that apparently you have to, and i saw someone else didn't and, the internet being serious business, he was flamed into hell.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

research serial killers (i can't help it). write. study german and chinese. not using proper capitalization despite the fact i know how to. other things that are probably not redeeming in any way.

2. Where are you from?

shitcago.

3. Who is your favorite author?

i don't know. if me not knowing bothers you, i'm sorry. at least you don't live in haiti.

4. What are your favorite films?

v for vendetta. little miss sunshine. pan's labyrinth.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

i can't get married. our country doesn't allow it. supposing, however, we move out of the stone age, probably 'love song' by the cure, seeing as it's very fitting.

6. At your funeral?

kiss my ass, i won't be around to hear it.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

i tie piano wire around my neck, then i glue my hands to the sides of my head. i jump off a chair and decapitate myself, thus giving me the appearance that i have removed my own head. then i want to be set out to sea and shot with a flaming arrow. for serious.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

straw, on the ocean. this was discussed.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

naked.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

it was easy?

11. What's your favorite band?

the cure. i bet someone out there is going to have a problem with this.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

highschool, major will be german.

13. Why did you join?

wanted to make friends.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? female.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
PortraitOfSanity

I love V for Vendetta, you sound pretty cool.

Where in Chicago?

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
Elizabeth Bundy

just north of it. in a very small, very pompous little town. it's all full of rich kids who complain about everything. i heard a boy today tell his friends he wasn't donating money to haiti because it was (somehow) the country's fault. i laughed because of how absolutely retarded that statement was, then wasn't sure if i should be angry or not.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Aaroneet

Welcome to Gnet.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
Elizabeth Bundy

thank you. :]
Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Bundy View Post
just north of it. in a very small, very pompous little town. it's all full of rich kids who complain about everything. i heard a boy today tell his friends he wasn't donating money to haiti because it was (somehow) the country's fault. i laughed because of how absolutely retarded that statement was, then wasn't sure if i should be angry or not.
I live in the western suburbs.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #8
Stormtrooper of Death

Guten Tag! Ich heisse Kyle. Ich spreche Deutch, aber Ich spreche es nicht gut.

Anyways, seeing as you like German, and serial killers I approve. Welcome to the forums.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
Ben Lahnger

I like some of your choices: Shitcago, movies, The Cure. Where does one buy good piano wire these days?

Don't care for the lack of capitalization, and people who say it's a style choice get a "Hey, there can only be one ee cummings" retort from me.

On the other hand, as a transplanted cheesehead, I am all about being magnanimous with the flatlanders ... particularly those who recognize the deficiencies of flatland and their fellow flatlanders!

There is much to be interested in here. Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
DRM

Is your name actually Elizabeth?
Old 01-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
Elizabeth Bundy

no, it's not really elizabeth. elizabeth is my middle name. i frequently change my name, i guess because i'm odd.

and yes, we flatlanders are the worst. i absolutely loathe it here. i would take ANYWHERE other than here.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #12
Noumi

I loved your introduction, I have a thing on serial killers myself. Welcome to Gnet and have a great time.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
Elizabeth Bundy

thanks for the welcome, guys. i really appreciate it. :]
Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #14
Man In Room 5

Shitcago? Jesus, you couldn't be more correct. I just got back from a 3 day visit there and I hated nearly every minute of it. I attended that Snow Days thing in Grant park and did some shopping in the overcrowded, overpriced Harlem Irving Plaza, where I opted to carry my wallet in my breast pocket for safety. I live closer to the middle of IL and was glad to come home.

Chicago delenda est.

But welcome to Gnet anyway.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
Elizabeth Bundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
Shitcago? Jesus, you couldn't be more correct. I just got back from a 3 day visit there and I hated nearly every minute of it. I attended that Snow Days thing in Grant park and did some shopping in the overcrowded, overpriced Harlem Irving Plaza, where I opted to carry my wallet in my breast pocket for safety. I live closer to the middle of IL and was glad to come home.

Chicago delenda est.

hey, at least you don't have to live here. it's absolutely horrible.
and thanks, i appreciate it. :]
Old 02-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Bundy View Post
no, it's not really elizabeth. elizabeth is my middle name. i frequently change my name, i guess because i'm odd.

and yes, we flatlanders are the worst. i absolutely loathe it here. i would take ANYWHERE other than here.
I'd be glad to trade "relatively close to Chicago" for "the middle of Alabama", if you'd like. ^_^

Welcome to the forums!

Edit: Some states allow gay marriage. It's not a country-wide thing. Though, like you, I do wish more of them -did- allow it.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #17
CarrionCorpse

I love The Cure. Welcome.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #18
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post

Chicago delenda est.

You guys suck. Chicago fuckin rules.

-Mr. Filth
Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #19
Angelic Dissonance

I like you. Noone is themselves, that's true. The Unabomber was not crazy. And, just know the one thing easiest to trip over for relatively intelligent people on this forum is confidence in the knowledge of a group. That includes emo. Whenever possible, even if you subscribe to it, try not to stereotype. Unless you're not insulted easily, and like fireworks....

Anyway, welcome to the club.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #20
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
You guys suck. Chicago fuckin rules.
Chicago has several good points. Sadly, I never get to see them because when I visit I'm visiting my ex and my son and she plans every second of my trip with family activities--and, of course, I can't sacrifice time with my son to go shopping or see shows. If I ever get any cash and free time I hope to hit Chicago with my own agenda. I've considered a Chicago Gnet meetup but IDK where, when, what to do.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote