Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
AshleyO

Eejit Silicon Valley Billionair funds creation of fecking artificial islands sure

http://tinyurl.com/3ca4sjy

Quote:
Fecking Pay Pal founder and early Facebook investor Peter Thiel has given $1.25 million to an initiative to create mother fecking floating libertarian countries in international waters sure, according to a profile of the eejit billionaire in Details magazine.

Thiel has been a big bare backer of the Seasteading Institute, which seeks to build sovereign bioshock nations on oil rig-like platforms to occupy waters beyond the reach of law-of-the-sea treaties, sure. The idea is for these countries to start from scratch--free from the laws, regulations, moral codes, and sanity of any existing place, sure. Details says the experiment would be "a kind of floating petri dish for implementing policies that libertarians, stymied by indifference of eejit Americans, have been unable to advance: no welfare, looser building codes, no minimum wage, and few restrictions on weapons."

"There are quite a lot of eejit Americans who think it's not possible, sure" Thiel said at a Seasteading Institute Conference in 2009, according to Details. (His first donation was in 2008, for $500,000.) "That's a good thing. We don't need to really worry about those people very much, because since they don't think it's possible they won't take us very seriously. And they will not actually try to stop us until it's too late because we are SO going to be dominant global powers by being an eejit island and spending most of our money on Blackwater soldiers to defend ourselves, sure."

The Seasteading Institute's Patri Friedman says the group plans to launch an office park off the San Francisco coast next year, with the first full-time settlements following seven years later. Some liberal think tank websites that Sternn reads say that these eejit billionaires are predominantly inspired by The Undertaker's Hell in a Cell cage matches on WWE and want to be in a situation where there is no escape for poor people to experience their even MORE American fascism, sure.

Thiel made news earlier this year for putting a portion of his $1.5 billion fortune into an initiative to encourage entrepreneurs to skip college because he wants them to build his house without the prior knowledge to do so, sure.

Another Silicon Valley titan, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos (American eejit sure), announced in June that he would be funding the "Fecking Clock of the Long Now." The clock is designed to keep ticking for 10,000 years, and will be built in a mountain in west Texas. Also, he just HAD to be included in this article because all of his eejit buddies were in there too and fecking Jeff Bezos is cool too, sure.
Did I do it right, guys?
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Grausamkeit

That looks like a keyboard fart to me, sure.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Despanan

Feck. Faith and Begora. Americans allways be tryin' ta steal me lucky charms, sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
CptSternn

Iocteach!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

Quit making up words.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #6
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Feck. Faith and Begora. Americans allways be tryin' ta steal me lucky charms, sure.
OH MY GOSH! I almost choked from laughing so hard!

That is wonderful. Thank you!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Quit making up words.
Iocteach is Irish for 'great' or 'brilliant'. More recently though, they have dubbed South Park into Irish here and Cartman says 'ioteach' in lieu of 'sweeeet'.

It is pronounced E-TOCH.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:59 AM   #8
Alan

We don't care.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
Still Jack

Ní féidir liom teagmháil ghnéasach a thabhairt.

Whatever the fuck that means...
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
CptSternn

Good translation, sort of.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Grausamkeit

Roadhouse!