Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
Timeless Rebellion

My curse is that I remember everything perfectly while drunk.
Waking up the day thereafter with that vivid memory of kissing someone's bare butt while being photographed is... well, not all that nice.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
What about my boots? as for my ability to recall things while drunk, I've never been drunk so I don't know. On the bright side the fact that I've never been drunk could be taken as a good sign of my beer pong skills.
No boots, unless you want me to run off with them. Our team needs focus and a lot of luck if we are going to win this.

Team Ren needs someone who can handle their alcohol to be on our team, because while you are an expert with the ping pong balls, we need someone to do the drinking... I can distract them by doing stupidass shit, like trying to swing off the ceiling fan so we can get our fallguy to drink the beer.

TR hehehe... I've not done that, but I have fought with a tent before.

*goes off to practice ping pong ball tossing*

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #28
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
TR hehehe... I've not done that, but I have fought with a tent before.
The image was sent to several people through the MMS messaging system...
Old 03-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #29
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
The image was sent to several people through the MMS messaging system...
L.E.G.E.N.D

You know you are probably a you tube superstar.

Can we incorporate a road trip into our beer pong? I miss stopping at roadhouses at 2am in the morning to get some revolting greasy food, before driving off into the night.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #30
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Well if you want food with your beerpong then best place to go is here to Wisconsin, I do brag about it often yes, but it has been shown we have a far larger variety of foods compared to most states.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #31
Timeless Rebellion

Road trip it is!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #32
Fruitbat

Quote:
Well if you want food with your beerpong then best place to go is here to Wisconsin, I do brag about it often yes, but it has been shown we have a far larger variety of foods compared to most states.
As long as we can stop in there on our roadtrip - plus I don't want any snow, because the last time I drove in the snow, I had a tree fall on my car, and trees are really hard to get off a car when your alone to and trying not to scratch the paintwork :-D

Woohoo! Roadtrip! Oh hang on you guys in the US drive on the other side of the road - that's going to freak me right out (bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha)

Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #33
Renatus

Quote:
As long as we can stop in there on our roadtrip - plus I don't want any snow, because the last time I drove in the snow, I had a tree fall on my car, and trees are really hard to get off a car when your alone to and trying not to scratch the paintwork :-D

Woohoo! Roadtrip! Oh hang on you guys in the US drive on the other side of the road - that's going to freak me right out (bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha)
We have more seasons than winter you know. I'd advise a route starting along Wisconsin's east cost through milwaukee(beer, bratwurst, etc) and past lake winnebago(one of Wisconsin's best cheese factories is there) up to door county for (fish boils, cherries),then to the center of the state to Madison(extremely dense level of ethnic food varieties, studio Taliesin), north from there , stop by lake Wisconsin(culver's hq, the blue spoon), devils lake, and then to the Dells(cow pies, waterpark capital of america), stop by colby(home of colby cheese), go to Sparta to use their beautiful bike trail and burn off all that fat(**read details below) then head up to the apostle islands and hang out at Madeline island for a bit and then from there head over to Minneapolis(maybe stop by neil gaiman's house.

Also stop at culvers somewhere(they're all over the state), as well as see many of the Frank Lloyd Wright buildings here, maybe check out the weird wisconsin locations, have an orgy in this one hotel with a room that has coffin beds, and another room with a medieval torture rack bed, as well as a few unmentioned restaurants.

**the Sparta bike trail is a beautiful trail that runs along a path formerly occupied by train tracks, as such you will be riding along a level path that takes you through old train tunnels(dark, cave like with water streaming down the wall, flashlight advised), between tree covered hills with the occasional stream, through the middle of an area that was formerly farmland and still has farm animals raised there. As an added bonus there are refreshments at several stops along the trail including at the start, and also in a town with lovely old fashioned shops.

On top of that it should be noted that the odds of coming across a town without a bar is extremely unlikely. We have far more bars than churches, and we are a very Catholic State. In some cases there are bars next to churches. Hell Milwaukee has a one mile stretch of road with bars completely lining both sides of the street, and also an absinthe bar/goth/industrial club.

As a final note, we love history here in Wisconsin, we have a renaissance fair, as well as civil war reenactments all over the place, and tons of shops with Victorian era clothing(many of which also sell their wares at the civil war reenactments).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 03-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #34
Fruitbat

Ren - okay you're on. Yes I know you guys have more seasons than just winter, I don't like the snow, it freaks me out - maybe I've watched too many of those "trapped in a snow storm for three days" horror movies.

Oh and you got me when you mentioned Frank Lloyd Wright buildings. Lurve his architecture.. sighs dreamily.

Sorry I don't do orgies.. BUT I will jump on the coffin beds, oh and I'll only go into a bar if someone is with me, because I'd be much more comfortable on the bike trail than in a bar. Plus I will cling to your arm in the bar, until I feel comfortable to let go (or I've had a beer, then you will have to watch out for my "I love everyone's")

Oh and can I play a dead body in the civil war re-enactments. I've always wanted to do that - LOL. Just don't stand on me because I will squeal like a girl.

But then you do realise that once we've done Wisconsin, you're going to have to come over here and we'll do Australia.

Not really sure what I can show you over here... Okay we could do the Birdsville races, the Todd River races (in Alice springs - there is no water in the river, and you make a boat and run. The years when there is water in the river, they have to cancel the race), go to Kings Canyon, and show you a road train (semi with three trailers). Watch the sunrise/set over Uluru.

Oh and we have to see if we can find some minmin lights - fuck those things are scary as, but I think they would be a hoot.

Otherwise we could just go to the Gold Coast, and you guys could watch the pretty young girls walk past in skimpy clothes, while I check out the lifesavers or sleep in the car.

I know some people up there, who could take you out clubbing - I'll sleep in the car, while you guys go shake your stuff on the dancefloor. I'm too old for clubs.

Then we could go go-karting, where I will crash into a tyre wall, because I always do, maybe take a lotus out for a drive around a track.

Then either head up or down the coast, head inland, because the coast road sucks, go to Nimbin, Byron Bay, eat seafood at Coffs Harbour on the breakwater and watch the sun set.

I'll try and match you up with some backpacker girls from Europe (because everytime I go to Coffs, there are always backpacker girls from Europe and they are cute).

Then we can head to my hometown - There's not much change from 2,000km from Coffs, and it will take us a few days of solid driving to get there, but the beaches are awesome... Plus we have to do Arkaroola and the Flinders Rangers.

Maybe we should start there, go up to Alice, over to Birdsville, then Brisbane - yeah that would work better.

Oh we could do opal mining in Cooper Pedy and stay in an underground motel. Years ago, you could buy dynamite at the grocery store there... I think they may have changed the rules, but it would be worth a look.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #35
Renatus

Quote:
Ren - okay you're on. Yes I know you guys have more seasons than just winter, I don't like the snow, it freaks me out - maybe I've watched too many of those "trapped in a snow storm for three days" horror movies.

Oh and you got me when you mentioned Frank Lloyd Wright buildings. Lurve his architecture.. sighs dreamily.

Sorry I don't do orgies.. BUT I will jump on the coffin beds, oh and I'll only go into a bar if someone is with me, because I'd be much more comfortable on the bike trail than in a bar. Plus I will cling to your arm in the bar, until I feel comfortable to let go (or I've had a beer, then you will have to watch out for my "I love everyone's")

Oh and can I play a dead body in the civil war re-enactments. I've always wanted to do that - LOL. Just don't stand on me because I will squeal like a girl.

But then you do realise that once we've done Wisconsin, you're going to have to come over here and we'll do Australia.

Not really sure what I can show you over here... Okay we could do the Birdsville races, the Todd River races (in Alice springs - there is no water in the river, and you make a boat and run. The years when there is water in the river, they have to cancel the race), go to Kings Canyon, and show you a road train (semi with three trailers). Watch the sunrise/set over Uluru.

Oh and we have to see if we can find some minmin lights - fuck those things are scary as, but I think they would be a hoot.

Otherwise we could just go to the Gold Coast, and you guys could watch the pretty young girls walk past in skimpy clothes, while I check out the lifesavers or sleep in the car.

I know some people up there, who could take you out clubbing - I'll sleep in the car, while you guys go shake your stuff on the dancefloor. I'm too old for clubs.

Then we could go go-karting, where I will crash into a tyre wall, because I always do, maybe take a lotus out for a drive around a track.

Then either head up or down the coast, head inland, because the coast road sucks, go to Nimbin, Byron Bay, eat seafood at Coffs Harbour on the breakwater and watch the sun set.

I'll try and match you up with some backpacker girls from Europe (because everytime I go to Coffs, there are always backpacker girls from Europe and they are cute).

Then we can head to my hometown - There's not much change from 2,000km from Coffs, and it will take us a few days of solid driving to get there, but the beaches are awesome... Plus we have to do Arkaroola and the Flinders Rangers.

Maybe we should start there, go up to Alice, over to Birdsville, then Brisbane - yeah that would work better.

Oh we could do opal mining in Cooper Pedy and stay in an underground motel. Years ago, you could buy dynamite at the grocery store there... I think they may have changed the rules, but it would be worth a look.
Yep I've heard of that underground hotel and it has been in my mind for awhile as a place to check out. Also we have a now inactive gnetter who djs at a club over there.

Australia is one of my top countries to visit up there with Colombia, Germany, UK, Spain, this one lovely monestary off the coast of france, Italy, Vatican City, and maybe iceland(thanks to CCP games). So yeah pat yourselves on the back. Only downside is I hear Australia is filled with criminals... though my source is a few centuries out of date.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
Fruitbat

Quote:
Yep I've heard of that underground hotel and it has been in my mind for awhile as a place to check out. Also we have a now inactive gnetter who djs at a club over there.

Australia is one of my top countries to visit up there with Colombia, Germany, UK, Spain, this one lovely monestary off the coast of france, Italy, Vatican City, and maybe iceland(thanks to CCP games). So yeah pat yourselves on the back. Only downside is I hear Australia is filled with criminals... though my source is a few centuries out of date.
teehee

Well we can go visit a monastry over in WA -can't remember the name of the town but it's awesome.

Oh you should do that walking pilgrimage in Spain... forget the name of it but a GF did it a few years ago, said it was brilliant.

And for the record (if you are a history buff).. Sydney, Perth and Melbourne, were settled by convicts. The worst of those convicts were sent to settle Brisbane, and Tasmania (port Arthur).

South Australia was a free settlement, no convicts in that state, which is why South Australian's speak with the Queen's english and have a different way of pronoucing things that those in NSW.

I've only been to England/Scotland/Wales, Hong Kong, and Singapore. A quick stopover in the UAE and that's it. I find it hard to leave Oz - it's such a beautiful country.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #37
Renatus

Quote:
teehee

Well we can go visit a monastry over in WA -can't remember the name of the town but it's awesome.

Oh you should do that walking pilgrimage in Spain... forget the name of it but a GF did it a few years ago, said it was brilliant.

And for the record (if you are a history buff).. Sydney, Perth and Melbourne, were settled by convicts. The worst of those convicts were sent to settle Brisbane, and Tasmania (port Arthur).

South Australia was a free settlement, no convicts in that state, which is why South Australian's speak with the Queen's english and have a different way of pronoucing things that those in NSW.

I've only been to England/Scotland/Wales, Hong Kong, and Singapore. A quick stopover in the UAE and that's it. I find it hard to leave Oz - it's such a beautiful country.
There are all sorts of Pilgrimages all over Europe, from what I've seen on Rick Steeve's Europe. As a Catholic I feel even more compelled to do them. Say what you will about our reasons for doing so, but you can't argue with an excuse to exercise.

Heck someday I wouldn't mind walking across America, not running just walking.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #38
Timeless Rebellion

Okay, this is what we are going to do!
I am hosting a party April 6th, you are all gonna come there and we are gonna play beer pong! Then we'll see about that road trip afterwards.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #39
Renatus

That's not enough time for me to apply for a passport.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #40
Timeless Rebellion

Then you are formally invited to the next party I throw!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #41
Fruitbat

Quote:
There are all sorts of Pilgrimages all over Europe, from what I've seen on Rick Steeve's Europe. As a Catholic I feel even more compelled to do them. Say what you will about our reasons for doing so, but you can't argue with an excuse to exercise.

Heck someday I wouldn't mind walking across America, not running just walking.
No way Ren!

I've always wanted to walk around Australia, and I must admit after watching Forest Gump, when he just started running one day, and went back and forth across America, I thought it would be an awesome way to see the country.

Oh and this is the one I was thinking about Camino de Santiago. Martin Sheen and his son did a movie about it recently (I think this is the same pilgrimage). I've been meaning to watch the movie, but I never get around to these things until five years later.

TR No fair, you're getting a head start on the beer pong... I'd buy some ping pong balls but I think babybat would probably take off with them.

I'd come to your party, but at the moment, I'm more in a mood to just point the car in a direction and drive.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #42
Timeless Rebellion

Fruitbat: Point the car towards Denmark and drive then :P
Old 03-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #43
Fruitbat

Quote:
Fruitbat: Point the car towards Denmark and drive then :P
That would be totally awesome if there wasn't a few too many oceans in the way. Unless we could get Australia joined up as Gondwana land again?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #44
Timeless Rebellion

Aren't there bridges and ferries though?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #45
Fruitbat

Quote:
Aren't there bridges and ferries though?
Okay, I'll put the car on a container ship and we'll sail over. So do you drive timeless?

Or maybe we could just go to the BMW factory in Germany and buy a M5?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 AM   #46
Timeless Rebellion

I don't have a driver's license though :o I suck.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #47
Fruitbat

She'll be right Timeless... I can either give you a quick course on driving or else you can claim shot gun.

Oh and I just got a room of 3 year olds dancing - does that count towards my 'party animal' status?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #48
Timeless Rebellion

Everything counts towards your Partybat status
Old 04-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #49
Fruitbat

Quote:
Everything counts towards your Partybat status
...sounds like frequent flyer points.... :-D

I'm, like, so, like, so, totally super cool, hanging out with three year olds... (Since the paid hostess wasn't going to interact with the kids, I thought I'd better do otherwise the kids would have copied the parents and just sat around...)

Oh shit... I really seriously need to set myself some boundaries about getting up to party when no one else wants to.

I've done bellydancing with a bellydancer before.. Karaoke... Oh shit, my life is full of examples of whenever someone tries to get the crowd up dancing, I'm the first...

You better not invite me to beer pong... I'm going to embarrass myself.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #50
Timeless Rebellion

You shall not pass... on beerpong!