Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Mirei Raven

Merry Meet and salutations

Merry Meet! My name is Rae. I was born in, and grew up in Ireland (County Clare to be exact), and currently live in Maryland, USA. I have an affinity for architecture, drawing, and literature. I also love bowling. It's my number one sport and has given me a full scholarship for college. Other than that, I horseback ride (dressage), study metaphysics and anything involving energy manipulation, etc.

I love clubbing, traveling, photography, makeup, fashion, reading, roses, mediataing, dreaming, etc. etc. etc. I spend a lot of time contemplating, reflecting, and watching. I'm much more of a watcher and listener than one who joins in... but I can also be very hyper, cynical and sarcastic with a morbid and sadistic sense of humor, or other times rather "animated" as some might say.

I love to read. Whilst I usually tend to lurk in the corners of the fiction and fantasy section, I alsi have an incredible love for philosophy (primarily Kant, Dante, and Nietzsche). I used to write music and work very heavily with keyboards and synths, however I have had little inspiration as of late.

My favorite movies vary from time to time. They are usually anything that cause me to think. A few I love are Wings of Desire, Orpheus, Pi, A Man Called Horse, Dances With Wolves, Donnie Darko, anything by Quentin Tarantino, the Marx Brothers, or Charlie Chaplin.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? -honestly, I'd enjoy a lovely celtic piece consisting of the dulcimer and/or the celtic harp. While I may love goth rock, industrial, dark wave etc... I also have a love of Celtic and classical (and 80's but not for a wedding). Maybe something by the Cruxshadows. I love "perfect" and "winterborn", but probably not for a wedding.

6. At your funeral? possibly "Winterborn" by the Cruxshadows. It's one of my favorite songs.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? -at peace with myself. Death doesn't really matter too much to me because it's oonly another stage of existance. Spoonsfasinate me though too.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I already have on I use for meditation. Maybe I'll use it in death. Or feel free to just dump me somwhere. Put me in one of those plastic Tubberware resealable containers or something.

other than that, feel free to ask me anything you wish to know.

Darkest Blessings
~Rae~
Mirei Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!
You seem like an interesting person.
The Cruxshadows are awesome and Winterborn is a pretty cool song.
Good luck in writting your music!
Enjoy your stay.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:08 AM   #3
$haDe

Hi I'm new too.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
Apathy's_Child

[Does British accent] Well hello.............

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
Madarame

Hey, welcome.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
Lapin

Hey, where are you in Maryland? I'm at Fort Meade, twenty minutes out from Baltimore.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 AM   #7
Mirei Raven

Hello and thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! It's a pleasure to meet/talk to you all.

And Lapin, I'm in the Baltimore/Columbia area, although I'll be in Bowie soon for school.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 AM   #8
Post Modern Girl

Oh you're from Ireland. So am I. We should form a sort of unspoken bond for ever until eternity...

Welcome
Post Modern Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:07 AM   #9
Darcnyss

Merry meet, Mirei Raven, and welcome to our little corner of the net. You are most welcome here, especially due to your impeccable tastes and interests
Old 02-11-2008, 07:08 AM   #10
Mirei Raven

Thank you.

Post Modern, what part are you from?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
tickingstitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei Raven
I spend a lot of time contemplating, reflecting, and watching. I'm much more of a watcher and listener than one who joins in... but I can also be very hyper, cynical and sarcastic with a morbid and sadistic sense of humor, or other times rather "animated" as some might say.
I'm glad you came here, welcome to the board. This is probably the most interesting intro I have read...

Aim: K143rsjrp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Oh shit!!!*tries to run away, but trips, he breaks his neck on a stool*No I know how Hilary Swank feels like.
tickingstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
Lapin

Oh, that's not too far from me. Cool.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #13
Post Modern Girl

Quote:
Thank you.

Post Modern, what part are you from?
I'm from Derry, but I live in Bridgend, a little town/village just over the border. Near Buncranna.
Post Modern Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #14
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:

8. What kind of casket would you want? I already have on I use for meditation. Maybe I'll use it in death. Or feel free to just dump me somwhere. Put me in one of those plastic Tubberware resealable containers or something.
I'd hate to be the poor bastard to open THAT thing.

Welcome to the board.

Where the hell do you even GET a coffin to meditate in? Pier 1 generally frowns on such decorum.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
Mirei Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinstripesAndPithHelmets
I'd hate to be the poor bastard to open THAT thing.

Welcome to the board.

Where the hell do you even GET a coffin to meditate in? Pier 1 generally frowns on such decorum.

haha! If they sold half the stuff I own at Pier 1, that'd make my life so much easier! But you can buy a coffin from any place that sells them. You just have to get them customized with vents so you don't die. Now that I think about it... that'd be a bit ironic. But anyway, I got mine right from a funeral home. They also reluctantly sold me an old metal shovel.

Quote:
I'm from Derry, but I live in Bridgend, a little town/village just over the border. Near Buncranna.
Wow! I haven't been around there in ages!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #16
Cyberbat

Merry meet, and welcome to the boards.
Cyberbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #17
Mirei Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sekhmet~
You have fucking great interests..

Thanky you
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #18
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
haha! If they sold half the stuff I own at Pier 1, that'd make my life so much easier! But you can buy a coffin from any place that sells them. You just have to get them customized with vents so you don't die. Now that I think about it... that'd be a bit ironic. But anyway, I got mine right from a funeral home. They also reluctantly sold me an old metal shovel.

Hahaha That must've been a trip, going in there and asking for a coffin that breathes. Ballsy, too. They must've thought it was a joke! How much does something like that set you back?