Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:41 AM   #26
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
4" mohawk, down at the moment. It's dark brown for now
Same, or a kind of death hawkish thing anyway. Needs the sides cutting at the moment though and I'm trying to decide whether I should bleach or colour the sides, or leave it.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:52 AM   #27
Maldarion_Haliax

I keep mine combed back or just messy and it's blue right not,I'll post a pic when I find my adapter.
Maldarion_Haliax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #28
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Oh... That sucks!!
I've known my hair dresses for about a year, i go there about once in two months, so she knows what styles i seek and what works on my bone structure... She also gives me tips (like i have hair on my neck, so she made it a little longer down the bottom to cover that)...
Building a relationship with your hair dresses is important... Especially for me, because my hair is very soft and any screw up would show, no matter how small it is.

She also gives us discounts for being regulars
The problem I think with a lot of hair dressers here is that few of them are used to it when someone presents a hair cut that is out of the ordinary. I've never seen anyone with the hair cut I showed her before, I think that had a lot to do with it.

There is a hair stylist who doesn't mess up my hair, but she was away on vacation for a month, and I was impatient -_-* I had uber long hair and got sick of it. It took her an hour and a half to chop it all off!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #29
honeythorn

I;m dying mine again in a few minutes, the usual black seeing as it won't bleach up light enough for me to have any blue.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #30
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Same, or a kind of death hawkish thing anyway. Needs the sides cutting at the moment though and I'm trying to decide whether I should bleach or colour the sides, or leave it.
Bleached sides always looks pretty sweet. You could do polka dot sides if you feel adventurous XD

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #31
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I wanted mine long in the front and short in the back, but the hair stylist screwed up.
Well, this is what I have right now. =)
-
I get my hair cut at cheap places like Supercuts...

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #32
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
Bleached sides always looks pretty sweet. You could do polka dot sides if you feel adventurous XD
Ah thanks, I was actually about to ask people's opinion here.

I'm thinking I might be able to get away with not dying the middle black? Pic (yeh it's very dirty, it's been up a few days).

But yeh I'll probably cut the sides to a 3 or something this week, and maybe bleach too.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #33
Cicero

Raptor - Dying the middle black would be awesome, and bleaching the sides would look totally Jonny Slut. And when your sides are short again you could even try drawing zebra or leopard print on the sides. Permanent marker works well for that.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:46 AM   #34
crucifix

About chin length on the sides, *slightly longer* in the back (not mullet like, though) and below my eye length in the front. It has a very little bit of texture to it and I straighten it. I want to grow it out enough that I can pull it back and out of my face and not deal with it on work days, but for now it is still an hour event everyday to try to make it presentable and not poofy and super curly like it naturally is. Oh, and it is dyed black, my fave color that I have had so far.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 AM   #35
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Well, this is what I have right now. =)
-
I get my hair cut at cheap places like Supercuts...
Me too. I always get a simple cut, though. I tell them "cut it DRY, cut the back straight across and give it a tinyest it of texture." If I want something more elaborate, I go to a more expensive place to get it done. Supercuts is great for trims, though.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:44 AM   #36
Scareebowfairy

My hair is naturally dark, wavy and long down to about my belly button. I haven't colored it in a while. I like pining my hair out of my face using little pins and clips I've stuck bows and ribbon on.
Scareebowfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #37
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Raptor - Dying the middle black would be awesome, and bleaching the sides would look totally Jonny Slut. And when your sides are short again you could even try drawing zebra or leopard print on the sides. Permanent marker works well for that.
Thanks

Sides are now a 3, yay for student discounts. Also have the dyes, I'll do it in the next few days hopefully. I take it that it would be a bad idea to dye any of it twice? (like I shouldn't do it all black and then do the sides blonde after, or the other way around). And I am I going to be able to do this myself?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #38
Breathless Horror

Personally, I would suggest having a friend help you with the dye. It's do-able by yourself, but you risk screwing up on the bits you can't really see, and if you're not used to working in the mirror that may be little help. I always prefer to have a friend help, cause I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my hair.

Please post pics when you're done, it should look great!

Old 10-28-2008, 04:49 PM   #39
~~Auriel~~

I have long hair that is naturally EXTREMELY dark brown (almost black), but I dye it blue black because I like how it shines blue in the sunlight! My hair is also wavy/curly and very thick. It doesn't take to back combing very well but I am readily armed with a giant supply of hair spray and a teasing brush. I straighten it, wear it curly, wear it wavy, wear it in braids. It is currently pulled back in a french braid, as my son is quite the hair puller!
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #40
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
Thanks

Sides are now a 3, yay for student discounts. Also have the dyes, I'll do it in the next few days hopefully. I take it that it would be a bad idea to dye any of it twice? (like I shouldn't do it all black and then do the sides blonde after, or the other way around). And I am I going to be able to do this myself?
Dye the hawk first, then bleach the sides (keeping the black bits well out of the way of course - it might help to have some hair clips, even if the hawk is fairly short). I often do it the opposite way around without thinking, but that can lead to the black dye bleeding into the bleached bits when you wash it out.

And yes, everything Breathless Horror said. Post pictures!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #41
Raptor

I now have light brown sides haha. It was blonde dye though, which is like diluted bleach right? So I guess I'll just wait a day or two and try again. Use the same sort of stuff or find actual bleach?

Thanks both of you, it's very helpful.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:01 PM   #42
Breathless Horror

Personally I prefer bleach, but thats because I'm of the "leave the bleach in for 1.5 hours and fry my hair to get a lasting, super vibrant colour" school. I don't really know much blonde hair dye, so I'd bow to Cicero's more extensive experiance and say go with whatever she suggests XD

Old 10-30-2008, 12:21 AM   #43
Cicero

I'd also suggest going for actual bleach. I think the blonde hair dye would include the dye of whatever blonde it is, so bleach gets rid of that annoyance. Plus you can get a huge tub of bleach powder and a huge bottle of developer and keep them on hand for whenever you need them.

My 'extensive experience' (which really isn't that extensive, haha) has involved some very stretchy hair after leaving bleach in for too long, so my only warning would be not to leave it in for more than an hour!

Old 10-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #44
jack_the_knife

A friend of mine has "dyed" his mohawk with spray paint (designed for cars), I think he's ruined it and will have to shave it off, but I don't know anything about hair. So I thought I'd ask here. Has anyone ever done their hair with car spray paint and if so, does it work?
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:18 AM   #45
JCC

My hair sucks. I woke up yesterday like "I HAVE THE BEST HAIR IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE! SHIT YEAH!" and now it's just a case of " "
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 AM   #46
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
My hair sucks. I woke up yesterday like "I HAVE THE BEST HAIR IN THE FUCKING UNIVERSE! SHIT YEAH!" and now it's just a case of " "
Sounds to me like you're BIPOLAR.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #47
Raptor

All done now, will get a picture tomorrow.
Yeh the powder bleach worked way better. But now I can see that the black dye just made my hawk a darker brown. Buying dyes on sale in a supermarket is a bad idea. I'm happy though, thanks very much guys
Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #48
Ryaken

My hair's long, hazel/blonde and kinda ringlety, but it's more a case of top half straight and getting curlier lower down. I want to dye it black and have it all straight. But I may get it cut shorter, and dye it black with red tips or just have one side bang being red-tipped the rest in a ponytail (I have it like that now, just not dyed.)
Ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:46 AM   #49
bluey-green-vein

i have a Johnny Slut style death hawk at the moment, but my hair is very versatile, sometimes i wear my hair in Twin Fins, Mohawk (usually just spikes) and a kinda messy comb over style, its alot of fun
bluey-green-vein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:01 AM   #50
Cicero

Well I just got my hawk dreaded. It's been a bit traumatic, but with some ridiculously long extensions, skull beads and animal bones I'll be voodoo-pretty in no time. Pictures will follow.