Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #1
Nightmare-Neverending

Neverending-Nightmare

Hey everyone...I'm new here, I've always been interested in gothic stuff, music, movies, books, etc. I write poetry and stories, I'm 18, and I play guitar. I don't really look the part of a goth, and I'm actually trying to find a good store to buy clothes since I'm going to college my parents won't be bothering me about it. If anyone could point me to a good place near NYC or near baltimore (I live near NYC and I'm going to school near baltimore).
Nightmare-Neverending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
NightmareInShiningArmour

First, welcome, nice to meet another Nightmare.
Second, what do you define as Gothic music?
Third, A thrift store or second hand shop. Cheap and lots of choices. Buy and alter the clothes, add studs, spikes, patches, lace, frills, new colours, new parts or just design your own piece. DIY my friend. And don't for get the black combat boots You gotta love the combat boots. If you're not exactly tall ask some people on here for places to get good platforms.
Fourth, Fashion is not the most important part about being Goth.

DON'T FOLLOW THE STEREOTYPE!! Stay away from Hot Topic, Tripp NYC or anything of the such. If Goth was supposed to be mainstream, God would have made Goths this way!
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Don't listen to anything he says.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
Nightmare-Neverending

To nightmare thanks for the welcome and advice, I was just wondering about stores cause it wasn't something I did before. And if I define it then probablly any member on here will come back and say I defined it too much or forgot something, I simply mean it has a darker edge in general. Opposite ska maybe? But that could just be some really depressing country song, so I shouldn't even say that.

And to Underwater Ophelia...umm...hi? You didn't say a whole lot I could listen to instead.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
NightmareInShiningArmour

Nevermind Ophelia. She doesn't like me. I don't know why. I haven't done anything, but she doesn't like me.
I'm not telling you to listen to me, hell you don't have to listen to anyone. It's your choice who to believe. Be yourself and never ask how to be Goth. Trust me, you'll crash, burn, be resurrected, burnt again and then probably have your corpse sexed up by a necrophiliac. Then burnt again.
Again, nice to meet you
Old 07-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #6
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Don't listen to anything he says.
Because what he said was so completely moronic?

Anyway welcome to the boards. I don't really know either of those areas well so I don't have any specific places to recomend. Thrift stores are generally good places to find interesting, cheap stuff if you don't mind digging through a lot of crap to find it. You can also find really basic stuff and just alter it to give it some personality and if you know how, and have the time, it is cheaper to make your own stuff, though if you are going off to school then I doubt that you are going to want to spend all of your free time on a sewing machine
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #7
Nightmare-Neverending

Thanks...I don't really want to spend all my cash on clothes either...oh well, live with what I can. Thank you for the welcome Solumina.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
Nevermind Ophelia. She doesn't like me. I don't know why. I haven't done anything, but she doesn't like me.
I'm not telling you to listen to me, hell you don't have to listen to anyone. It's your choice who to believe. Be yourself and never ask how to be Goth. Trust me, you'll crash, burn, be resurrected, burnt again and then probably have your corpse sexed up by a necrophiliac. Then burnt again.
Again, nice to meet you
I didn't say that because I don't like you, I said it because what you said was dumb.

I don't like you because you say dumb things.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
First, welcome, nice to meet another Nightmare.
Second, what do you define as Gothic music?
Third, A thrift store or second hand shop. Cheap and lots of choices. Buy and alter the clothes, add studs, spikes, patches, lace, frills, new colours, new parts or just design your own piece. DIY my friend. And don't for get the black combat boots You gotta love the combat boots. If you're not exactly tall ask some people on here for places to get good platforms.
Fourth, Fashion is not the most important part about being Goth.

DON'T FOLLOW THE STEREOTYPE!! Stay away from Hot Topic, Tripp NYC or anything of the such. If Goth was supposed to be mainstream, God would have made Goths this way!

how the hell is that dumb?its some of best advice ive seen on the forums lately.

just because he dosnt think, shit or breath without your permission ophi does not make his advice worthless or dumb. the only person posting dumb things around here is YOU

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki eyeliner

how the hell is that dumb?its some of best advice ive seen on the forums lately.

just because he dosnt think, shit or breath without your permission ophi does not make his advice worthless or dumb. the only person posting dumb things around here is YOU
It was pretty dumb when you typed "breath" instead of "breathe."
What about that?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
It was pretty dumb when you typed "breath" instead of "breathe."
What about that?
ophie one of these days you will learn to get over the minor spelling mistakes made by other posters, everybody makes them even you.

and you haven’t answered my question,what in hells name is dumb about nightmares advice?

-Mae West
Old 07-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
ophie one of these days you will learn to get over the minor spelling mistakes made by other posters, everybody makes them even you.

and you haven’t answered my question,what in hells name is dumb about nightmares advice?
Ugh.
If you'll shut the fuck up about it I'll answer.
It's lame because he immediately demands to know how the poster defines gothic music, it's a stupid quiz that no one passes. It's like a hazing. It's lame.

What's more, he goes on to give his own ideas of gothic fashion instead of just suggesting stores to shop in like the poster asked for.

Lastly, he says that fashion isn't important. The poster didn't imply it was the pinnacle of what it is to be goth, and why go on and on about how to look goth if it isn't important?

Are you happy now?

PS--I am over spelling mistakes. Don't call my posts dumb if you can't even spell.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
Murasaki eyeliner

its not hazing,he's just asking nighmare a question.he's not being malicious just curious.

eveyone is entitled to present their own opinions in their post ophi,even when giving advice,besides he just said that he liked them,he didnt say that they were the pinnacle of all that is goth.also i think your underestimating nightmares ability to think for her/himself.

and lastly i dont think he ever metioned fashion,.

-Mae West
Old 07-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

and lastly i dont think he ever metioned fashion,.
READ MORE CAREFULLY OR DON'T TALK TO ME.

Ugh.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 PM   #15
NightmareInShiningArmour

Hey, I think I know how to fix this! I won't post on this thread again and therefore Ophelia can't keep going on about how shit my posts are! If she does, obviously she can't get over the fact that she doesn't like my first post, which she has attacked several times already anyway.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #16
NightmareInShiningArmour

Also, I didn't demand to know what his definition of Gothic music is. I simply asked, so that if he replied something such as Manson then he could be informed, to save him later flaming.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #17
Childe_Roland

I don't have any advice, or fights to pick with anyone else...just thought I'd say hello.
Childe_Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #18
Nightmare-Neverending

Hi Childe_Roland and Murasaki Eyeliner...thanks everyone for the welcome...and I'm mostly ingoring the arguement at this point, I'd rather not get a bad first impression of this forum.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:53 AM   #19
constanza

hey murasaki and ophelia, just shut up.youve both got a right to your opinions but frankly that argument was just getting stupid.
constanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by constanza
hey murasaki and ophelia, just shut up.youve both got a right to your opinions but frankly that argument was just getting stupid.
Can it, Coco.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #21
constanza

bottle it ophi
constanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #22
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by constanza
Welcome to Gnet.

Without the constant calling out of what people see as stupidity, this place takes all of one day to turn into a quagmire of idiocy.

Then, if you'd been here longer than 2 days, you'd know that..

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
Tea and Cake or Death

Hi there. I hope you enjoy yourself.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #24
Wormboy

Welcome. Here, we can not go a day without a few dumb arguments. It's sad really, welcome anyway...

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:47 AM   #25
bloomerbrigade

Sorry your introduction thread was host to a petty exhange of insults [that's right, I said it: petty]. =/ People are pretty blunt on here; I found that out pretty fast. Please don't let that deter you!

So back on topic, welcome! ♥
bloomerbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote