Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
qwaychou

Your mom has joined...

Heh heh... Ok, I know there are older goths out there, but I haven't seen any. So, basically, I'm probably old enough to be half of the members' mom.
When I was in high school (80's), before the label goth, that is exactly what I was. I also was pretty much the only one in my school, save for a very small eletist group of four. So, verily, I was teased unmercilessly. Hee hee
As i grew I abandoned the fashion, music and lifestyle, trying to be more mainstream, to find a boyfriend. I turned into a ghostly shell of my former self, and I think that was teh start of my depression and anxiety issues.
Lately, my desire to be myself again, even despite mny age, has brought me back to the land of gothic. I feel much more myself.
I am 35, have a five year old baby goth daughter, hee hee. I live in the nothern states, travel frequently to anime conventions to sell my arts.
I love to DIY my own goth and punk clothes and I hope to make some friends here in the community.
My art on deviant art is pretty much mainstream, as I only recently turned back to my comfy gothy roots, I have one peice that is horror related, and another in the works.
Please stop by and say hi. Thank you all for reading this.
qwaychou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yay another goth mother. Yep I am betting you are older than half the members here. Though you're certinly not the oldest. Our oldest active member is HumanePain who I think is in his 50s I don't know exactly I've never bothered asking his age since it never really made much of a difference to me. He's just an overall great guy. From what I've heard from him there is a now inactive member who lives actualy quite close to me(on that note do you have some way to contact him HP?) who is even older. Also just this year (or was it last year) his daughter had a son who from I've seen in video is a cute little guy. Hmm I jsut got an idea. But anyways welcome.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
Minyaliel

Yay, another elder goth - I love it when people who actually can remember the eighties sign up here. Welcome! =)
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
KontanKarite

There were probably misled and misunderstanding kids back in the 80s as well.

But whatever. Welcome. Given enough time, I think you'll realize that goth is pretty much just a mishmash of copy pasta artists and a shit load of dark techno. It is not awesome like it used to be back in the late 70s and 80s.

At least you still like doing DIY. Good on ya.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Pantherlette086

Hello there. Welcome!
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #6
TheBloodEternity

I don't feel that I can really give you a proper welcome as I am a noob myself, but what is your dA?
Also does anybody know why it censors deviant art when you put it as one word?

And I'd love for you to talk to my mother, she keeps telling me to grow out of it and I'm only 15 =p

I kind of have to agree with KontanKarite.......even though I like the dark techno along with stuff from the 80s. DIY ftw.
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
KontanKarite

Well my good man, when you go to a goth club and someone starts talking to you about goth music and they have no idea who Bauhaus is or Siousxie are then run off to go dance to some shitty ass future pop, you kinda realize that the goth identity means pretty much nothing to you when you find it's all about dark techno.

I suppose in the end, those dark post punk artists got what they wanted; to not be considered goth.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
qwaychou

Thank you all very much for the welcomes.

Oh, I wasn't sure if I could post the link to my art site.
Eh, just remember, this is fluffy bunny mainstream stuff, except for the very newest peice.

my name is the same there as here, can't post links yet
qwaychou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

I love fluffy bunnies@!!!!!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #10
Man In Room 5

Welcome qwaychou. I agree that it's nice to see another older goth here. "Gothic Matriarch" is an excellent title. We need someone like that around here. We have to protect the babybats until they can fly on their own and spread the next generation of darkness across the globe. Someone has to steer them away from the light.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #11
Megansmom

From one goth mom to another welcome.
Megansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
OzNO3

Hello qwaychou. I'm also a parent in my 30s that went through the process of trying to be more mainstream for a few years. It was fun, but am happy to be coming back. Hello, other parents, and everyone else.
OzNO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #13
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Also does anybody know why it censors deviant art when you put it as one word?
Because the person who programed the censor on this site is a turd licker.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote