Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #3126
IAMAGOFF

Just watched I Am Legend, best canine acting ive ever seen, unforuntately not much else
IAMAGOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #3127
Starmoonshine

The end of a star wars movie. That's what I get for leaving my room. My dad wouldn't let me see the remote so now I'm back in my room.
Starmoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #3128
maromi12d3

My bloody Valentine. the new one.
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #3129
Tam Li Hua

Rewatched The Dark Knight on blu-ray. Much better than watching it at midnight in a crowded theater.

Am in the middle of rewatching The Simpsons Movie right now.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #3130
Mr E Nigma

Tam- I concur about the Dark Knight, mainly because for some reason in the theater Christian Bale sounded retarded altering his voice, but on my home stereo system it wasn't as muffled or grizzly as it was in the theater. I imagine their speakers are dusty and had lots of static, but, I hated Bale in the theater, not so much at home though, in that movie.

I just watched Mamma Mia! ..... (It wasn't half bad >_<)
Old 03-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #3131
$haDe

I've just finished Sweeney Todd.

The actor didn't sing THAT good but I'm impressed that they tried.

Tim Burton rules.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:42 AM   #3132
JCC

La Haine. Brilliant.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #3133
Mr E Nigma

Ichi The Killer, always a fun visual experience

next two movies I'll be watching by takashi Miike (who's my favorite foreign film director) are Crow's Zero and Like a Dragon

Also if anyone's in for a good laugh and a retardedly epic (they actually try to make it a decent movie) version of sort of an "epic movie" like our superhero movie or scary movie, etc... you will see some of the funniest references.. including a power pole transfiguring itself into the robotical Mech's from the 3rd Matrix movie... absolutely hilarious. Watch "A Chinese Tall Story"
Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #3134
Man In Room 5

Let's Scare Jessica To Death (1971)

An old cult classic horror movie that tries to simultaneously be a vampire story and psychological thriller with a feminist subtext. It makes you suspect that the director had all sorts of thought provoking ideas...and failed to express any of them coherently.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #3135
Apathy's_Child

The Enigma of Kasper Hauser. Real piece of shit.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #3136
JCC

I tried to watch Requiem For a Dream but it was really pissing me off so I turned it off just over halfway through.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:14 AM   #3137
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I tried to watch Requiem For a Dream but it was really pissing me off so I turned it off just over halfway through.
Jesus, I'm glad someone else couldn't make it all the way thru this movie. I thought I was the only one. I see it named as a favorite by so many artistic/intellectual poseurs but it's never been recommended to me by anyone whose opinion I trust.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #3138
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I watched that and the only thing I like is the background music.

Oh! I'm watching Hannah Montana, my friend loved it and I... don't know what to say.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #3139
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
Jesus, I'm glad someone else couldn't make it all the way thru this movie. I thought I was the only one. I see it named as a favorite by so many artistic/intellectual poseurs but it's never been recommended to me by anyone whose opinion I trust.
The original premise is brilliant, juxtaposing 'appropriate' addictions and their subsequent withdrawals with the inappropriate and 'appropriate' drugs with the inappropriate. They felt they had to flesh that out, so they added in the token black man who speaks in thick ebonics with a severely limited vocabulary, makes sure to say nothing of substance (in fact, I'm fairly sure that the only things that he can say are "mmhmmm", "goddamn", "that's the shit" and "wooooooo-ee!") and wears nothing but a vest and baggy pants, alongside two junky teenage lovers who speak only in cheesy slogans proclaiming their love for one another like a sordid game of oneupmanship in the stakes of being pathetic. The fast cuts were cool, that's it.

On the other hand, I just finished watching , which was brilliant, although I kept being interrupted so that might've hampered my understanding a little.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #3140
Mr E Nigma

As far as Requiem for a Dream, I respect it only because it made one of my best friends go clean.

Not sure why, because I know a lot of others who watched it who probably do more drugs now than back then.

=shrugs= In my opinion, good idea, poor execution.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #3141
Laettners Legacy

in the theater: Knowing

home: Twilght
Laettners Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #3142
CrimsonPythonidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
I made it all the way through, still thought it was horseshit. I think it's because of the end of the movie that so many people think it's great.

The last movie I watched was a crap version of Dracula. I hated it. I did like the actor that played Dracula though, I don't recall his name.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #3143
HavelockV

Sink me, what a marvelous old film!

Ah, my apologies, I seem to have caught a bit of British foppery from watching The Scarlet Pimpernel, starring Leslie Howard, Merle Oberon, and the ever-charismatic Raymond Massey on Turner Classic Movies just now. Not as much swashbuckling as I would have liked, but well done all the same. Now, where can I get one of those extraordinary greatcoats?
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #3144
Lady Christine

My most recent movie was Suicide Club which is a foreign film about... well... suicides really... I couldn't pick up a plot or any sense of it other then the fact the average oriental body contains about 50 gallons of blood that likes to splatter in formations close to that of a sprinkler in the film.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:07 AM   #3145
jack_the_knife

Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS.

It's Hilarious : D
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:43 AM   #3146
dbts

Mr Brooks. *shrug*
dbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #3147
$haDe

I was watching 'Dr. Horrible' in my music class.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #3148
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Christine View Post
My most recent movie was Suicide Club which is a foreign film about... well... suicides really... I couldn't pick up a plot or any sense of it other then the fact the average oriental body contains about 50 gallons of blood that likes to splatter in formations close to that of a sprinkler in the film.
Also if you're a fan of foreign films there's a french animated film called "Les Triplettes de Belleville" that is quite enjoyable, but if you're mostly interested in other asian foreign films I'd say anything by Takashi Miike or Chan-wook Park.

Miike: DoA series (Unrelated to the game movie and loads better); Audition; Crow's Zero; and Like a Dragon.

Park: The Vengeance trilogy ("Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance", "Oldboy", and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance"); "I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK"; and "Joint Security Area."

You can look up more, there are others by them plus some other movies would be "Kamikaze Girls" or "The King and the Clown".

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe View Post
I was watching 'Dr. Horrible' in my music class.
"Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" is amazing!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #3149
Lady Christine

Mr. E - I was intending on viewing that film soon, however I've been horridly busy with others, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is next on my list so I need to juggle that, finishing my book and starting a new one, working on art homework, ect.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #3150
Mr E Nigma

Which film?