Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
Vaden

Yes, Vaden.

What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Outside with friends, computer forums.

Where are you from?

PA

Who is your favorite author?
I don't know. I'm not much into books. But it could be Stephen king.

What are your favorite films?

Recently, Sweeney Todd.

What music do you want played at your wedding?
None.

At your funeral?
None.

This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I don't know what a website has to do with dieing. But I want to die alone in a dark corner. No one shall come with me.

What kind of casket would you want?

Something plain black with my favorite bondage straps tied around it.

What's your FAVORITE outfit?
My FishNet shirt with boots and bondage pants. Plus maybe a spiked choaker, but that's always optional.

What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Being able to ask for $30 to go to the next door punk rock shop. :P

What's your favorite band?
KoRn is recently my favorite.

What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I plan to go to college for computer programming or whatever. I really don't know right now.

Why did you join?

To be in a community of all people who don't conform with this shitty world.

What is your gender?
Male
Vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:49 AM   #2
Bete Noire

*makes sign of the cross* Korn is bad.

Welcome anyway.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #3
badteccy

I don't think I will like you, but welcome.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:59 AM   #4
Vaden

Lol. I'm okay to get along with.

Somewhat.
Vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #5
viscus

Ah yes...KoЯn. The progenitors of "Industrial Music."

No, really. It says so in the FAQ.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaden

Why did you join?

To be in a community of all people who don't conform with this shitty world.
You do realize that that statement makes you a hypocrite? Korn is a two time Grammy winning band that has sold over 30 million albums worldwide, and is signed to virgin records. Bondage pants have nothing to do with bondage. They should actually rename them amputation pants due to the fact that if you tried to properly tie someone up with the straps you would cut off circulation to their limbs. You're merely part of the minority known as metal heads.

Also Fishnet is one word, no capital N in the middle.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #7
badteccy

Quote:
Lol. I'm okay to get along with.

Somewhat.
That "somewhat" makes me dislike you even more. Stop trying so hard.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
bleedingheart344

I really, really fucking hate you. I don't think WE even want you.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #9
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Ah yes...KoЯn. The progenitors of "Industrial Music."

No, really. It says so in the FAQ.
I went and read this FAQ and all I can say is, Jesus Christ, are people really that fucking stupid? That FAQ claims, "It is generally accepted that the term "industrial music" was coined in 1995 when a member of Korn described their music to the London Tabloids as "Industrial"." Is this a fucking joke? I'm not even sure if this FAQ is a joke or not because after reading this I was so offended that I stopped reading. Even Wikipedia is more accurate in their industrial music article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_music

I'm sure Viscus was being sarcastic but really, anyone who seriously believes that Korn invented industrial music or coined the term please don't ever, ever speak to me. That FAQ must have been written by 12 year olds who think rock music doesn't extend beyond their own lifetimes. I guess these people never heard of Industrial Records which was founded in the mid-1970s? May I suggest anyone who believes Korn invented industrial music please read the book Rip It Up And Start Again--or any other book upon the post-punk era....that is, if Korn fans can read. Korn is to industrial music what Vanilla Ice is to rap.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
I went and read this FAQ and all I can say is, Jesus Christ, are people really that fucking stupid? That FAQ claims, "It is generally accepted that the term "industrial music" was coined in 1995 when a member of Korn described their music to the London Tabloids as "Industrial"." Is this a fucking joke? I'm not even sure if this FAQ is a joke or not because after reading this I was so offended that I stopped reading. Even Wikipedia is more accurate in their industrial music article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_music

I'm sure Viscus was being sarcastic but really, anyone who seriously believes that Korn invented industrial music or coined the term please don't ever, ever speak to me. That FAQ must have been written by 12 year olds who think rock music doesn't extend beyond their own lifetimes. I guess these people never heard of Industrial Records which was founded in the mid-1970s? May I suggest anyone who believes Korn invented industrial music please read the book Rip It Up And Start Again--or any other book upon the post-punk era....that is, if Korn fans can read. Korn is to industrial music what Vanilla Ice is to rap.
Woah...calm down brother. Yes, the FAQ is a joke. That should have been immediately obvious.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #11
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Not into reading, bondage straps around a coffin which is pretty impossible, and reason for joining
<Riley Freeman voice> Boooooooooooo! </Riley Freeman voice>

Good luck, you're gonna need it.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
OzNO3

That FAQ was one of the funniest things I've ever seen... and it was very obvious that it was a joke.
OzNO3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:02 AM   #13
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Woah...calm down brother. Yes, the FAQ is a joke. That should have been immediately obvious.

Yes, I went back and read the whole thing and yes--ha ha--it's a joke. Very funny. OK...not really funny...more like a lame dud joke but hey, I still maintain that it was written by 12 year olds so what can we expect? Anyway, it wasn't very funny and was so inane that I can honestly see an equally inane person believing it. It's about as funny as telling Jewish jokes to a holocaust survivor but lacks even the offensive sense of breaking a taboo by doing so. Maybe my sense of humor is off balance but it's more likely that I'm simply more wary of the stupidity of the general public. I've worked in retail almost 20 years now and I deal with kids who would believe that FAQ
Every.
Fucking.
Day.

After a while, it just isn't funny anymore. I didn't get beat up in high school in the 80s so some Nu Metal fan can claim to have invented industrial music. The guy I called the "The Nu Metal loser" in this thread is exactly the sort of person who would believe Korn invented industrial music. Korn is his favorite band and he has over 70 CDs by them because he buys every LP, EP or CD single they release. I wanted to attack Korn in that same rant but I worried that I'd give away enough info that he'd be able to recognize himself if he ever read the post....but being a Korn fan he'll probably never visit Gnet.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

I like this one all right.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote