Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #7076
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I need yet another new pair of glasses. I only got a new prescription in August and my prescription has almost doubled between then and now. I can't afford new glasses but I desperately need them. Fucksocks.
Can you get them cheap online?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #7077
MissCheyenne

I've found a few cheap options online, once my sister gives me the money she owes me and I can get it in the bank, I shall be ordering some. The woman who tested my eyes told me to get them cheap as she reckons I will have to change them in a few months time because my eyesight is going downhill fast.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #7078
Solumina

I really wish that people would stop insisting that I am not a morning person just because I'm not 100% awesome when I'm opening. It isn't that I can't get up and be totally fantastic in the morning, it is that I almost never work mornings, I only open maybe two days in a month, other than that I work the late shift and my whole sleep schedule and everything gets thrown out of whack if I have to adjust to a seven hour change in my schedule (thankfully today is only a 3 hour schedule shift as I've been working a mid-shift up in arts and crafts so not too bad). The fact that if I have to open two days in a row I'm a big old ball of sunshine when I get here on the second day should be proof enough that it isn't an issue of me not being a morning person, just an issue of me needing to adjust a little.

Also whether or not someone is a morning person they will not appreciate you joking about how they look like they need a coffee, while they are sipping on coffee. Kind of like how telling a sick person that they look like crap isn't going to make them feel any better.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #7079
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I've found a few cheap options online, once my sister gives me the money she owes me and I can get it in the bank, I shall be ordering some. The woman who tested my eyes told me to get them cheap as she reckons I will have to change them in a few months time because my eyesight is going downhill fast.
Yowza! I know it changes big time in your twenties, but is there a reason its going so fast for you?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #7080
Versus

Surprise! 3 or 4 weeks without a day off.

Not that I'm anything more then a little irritated. It's not like it hasn't been a lot worse before, I just feel like my life revolves around work right now. Probabably because it does. Fucking depressing.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #7081
Saya

Having one of those days where I regret waking up, and want to move as far away as possible and never come back.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #7082
Murder.Of.Crows

ugh, might be moving again. I hate moving.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #7083
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
ugh, might be moving again. I hate moving.
Me too. It's not really a big deal for me because I don't own more then I can squeeze in my car, but still. Why are you moving?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #7084
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Me too. It's not really a big deal for me because I don't own more then I can squeeze in my car, but still. Why are you moving?
Need to find a place with more jobs. So I'm going to San Diego. Unfortunately, I grew rather content here in 29. So I accumulated a shit load of furniture. I guess it's time to have a garage sell.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #7085
Versus

Rent a trailer? And I haven't been to southern California in a while so I'm not really sure what the market is like. What kind of work are you looking for?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #7086
Valhalla

I keep thinking of the terrible comment my friend said to me a while back. She said something like "Women who claim not to shave because they don't care what men/people think are actually just lazy." Recently I've been busy so shaving my body hair off has been number 300 on my priority list. I don't give much of a shit, if I had the time to take a long bath and relax I might have done so, but that's not the point. The point is that I remembered the conversation recently and now every time I see my legs I remember again.

And then recently she made these comments about my new athletic interest being 'butchy'.

I've known this girl my whole life, and I don't understand how someone who is pro rights for sex workers can be so completely down on women in other regards. Just because you feel like you have to have smooth legs 24/7 doesn't mean people who choose not to are pretending to be feminists so they don't have to shave their legs. And being an athletic female doesn't require one to be 'butchy' or 'built like a man'. Just. ... Head desk. We have clearly changed since childhood.

I'm going to go study now. So many tests. So far behind. Why can't I stop thinking about useless things and focus.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #7087
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I keep thinking of the terrible comment my friend said to me a while back. She said something like "Women who claim not to shave because they don't care what men/people think are actually just lazy." Recently I've been busy so shaving my body hair off has been number 300 on my priority list. I don't give much of a shit, if I had the time to take a long bath and relax I might have done so, but that's not the point. The point is that I remembered the conversation recently and now every time I see my legs I remember again.

And then recently she made these comments about my new athletic interest being 'butchy'.

I've known this girl my whole life, and I don't understand how someone who is pro rights for sex workers can be so completely down on women in other regards. Just because you feel like you have to have smooth legs 24/7 doesn't mean people who choose not to are pretending to be feminists so they don't have to shave their legs. And being an athletic female doesn't require one to be 'butchy' or 'built like a man'. Just. ... Head desk. We have clearly changed since childhood.

I'm going to go study now. So many tests. So far behind. Why can't I stop thinking about useless things and focus.
I know a loooooot of feminists who are "pro-sex work" who shit on other women all the time, particularly women of colour in my experience.

But fuck her. I haven't shaved in months. I love pit hair and keep it grown year round, and honestly I think I shave my legs mostly for other people and the boyfriend, I'm not brave enough to wear a skirt or shorts with leg hair yet. And I don't mind the smooth feel, I got to admit, its just what's the point in the winter when no one is seeing it? I'm also trying to find a non-shaving method that doesn't hurt like fuck, its so long now I knoooow its going to clog a razor and I dont' want to waste a blade on one shave.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #7088
Solumina

I don't shave my legs in the winter, the reason why I shave is because I like the look smooth legs but if they are covered in pants that doesn't matter, plus I have a tendency to get goosebumps from the slightest draft of cold air, leading to terrible razor burn if it happens while shaving, so for me shaving my legs is a warm weather thing, pits I keep shaved all year as anti-antiperspirants work better that way and I break a sweat fairly easily when I'm being at all active. Usually at the end of winter I do a quick once over with Jake's electric razor to avoid the whole "wasting a blade in one go" thing.

Also I do not get why some people think that there is anything inherently manly about being a little athletic, some of the girliest girls I know are insanely active, like my sister in law who can out bench Jake or my friend Jess who is a bodybuilder.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #7089
Saya

Some of the most stereotypically feminine girls I know are hardcore into sports.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #7090
Versus

Athletic women are fucking sexy.

Sorry. I had to.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #7091
Saya

I'm going to disappoint you D:
Old 03-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #7092
Versus

No you won't. :3

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #7093
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post

Maybe she's not a real friend. Because a real friend would understand you not having time to shave your legs and a real friend would say "You go and grab life by both hands and shake the living crap out of it and enjoy every second."

Oh and you are procrastinating, just like I am because I'm going to have to scrap 70,000+ words I've written on a new story and start from scratch, because I'm reworking the entire thing - which just feels like a whole lot of hard work right now, and I'm too friggin' over everything to be assed.

There are times when my shaving my legs actually makes the headlines in this house. I'll show my shaved legs to Mr bat and he'll say something like "Well I was getting pretty close to calling in the loggers to deforest those legs of yours."

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #7094
CuckooTuli

Damn, Valhalla... that's so frustrating. How did feminism become so deeply unfashionable that many otherwise-intelligent people STILL lack the most rudimentary bullshit-detector when it comes to sexism? It's a fucking mystery to me.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #7095
Solumina

Bah I let myself get suckered into becoming facebook friends with one of my coworkers and now I can't freely bitch about work.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #7096
Versus

Unfriend them.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #7097
Solumina

Then she'll just get all catty and passive aggressive at work. She leaves in about a month so I think I'll just unfriend her after then, until that point I will just post all my whining about work on here.

(Yes I know I'm totally conflict avoidant)
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #7098
Saya

make a group for "coworkers" and never share anything with them.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #7099
Versus

At that point, though, it wouldn't really matter what you rant about on Facebook because she won't be working there. Unless you just don't want to be Facebook friends. XD

Also, we should be Facebook friends. I promise I won't be passive aggressive if you bitch about g.net.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #7100
Solumina

She is will kind of still be working with the resort, just as a vendor, so I won't see her but she will still see my boss and the GM on a fairly regular basis so I'd still rather her not seeing work rants.

Also I just sent you a friend request, fair warning I will facebook stalk you.
-Carbon Leaf