Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
rabbitinthemoon

Greetings!

Hello all! I'm rabbitinthemoon. I stumbled across this site while randomly net surfing at five in the morning. (Damn insomnia!!)
So, here is my little questionaire:

1. What do you do?

I'm on disability. So mostly I read, hang out on the computer, do crafts, take local art classes, watch movies....that sort of stuff. It's really pretty boring.

2. Where are you from?

Western NY State

3. Who is your favorite author?

I don't have just one. I love Margaret Atwood, Philip K Dick, Robert Kirkman, Eiji Otsuka, Warren Ellis, Larry Niven, Piers Anthony, Orson Scott Card, John Layman, The Luna Brothers, Douglas Adams, and David Wong....to name a few.

4. What are your favorite films?

Dawn of the Dead (1978), Chainsaw Sally, American Movie, May, Return of the Living Dead (parts 1 and 3), Heavenly Creatures, Ginger Snaps, Airplane!, and The Descent.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Never thought about it. Don't know that I'll be having one.

6. At your funeral?

"Brokedown Palace" by The Grateful dead and "A Quitter" by Rasputina

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Drowning, drug overdose, or exsanguination.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

None. I want something eco-friendly. Either the process where you are turned into a fertilizer ball for a tree using a coconut husk as a container, or cremation.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

Possibly my black and white Innocent World jumperskirt and blouse or my black corset-sided HeavyRed skirt with any number of shirts.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

Not a darn thing.

11. What's your favorite band?

Another multi-answer.......Tool, Rasputina, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Tori Amos, The Black Furies, Mark Lanegan, Zoe Keating, Dead Can Dance, Poe, Dead Kennedys.....too many to name.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Some college and a trade school degree as a medical assistant.

13. Why did you join?

Why not?

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I'm a woman.
rabbitinthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #2
CuckooTuli

Hi there! Looking at your interests, I think we could be friends. Also, as an unashamed self-righteous hippie, I love that you want an eco-friendly casket.
Welcome.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #3
rabbitinthemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Hi there! Looking at your interests, I think we could be friends. Also, as an unashamed self-righteous hippie, I love that you want an eco-friendly casket.
Welcome.
Nice to meet you! Always glad to make a new friend.
Is it always as quiet around here as it seems to be?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
DL Winters

Hi there.
Nice to meet you.
You seem an interesting individual.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitinthemoon View Post
Nice to meet you! Always glad to make a new friend.
Is it always as quiet around here as it seems to be?
Hmm - it's been quiet lately, but like most places, it goes through phases. At this particular moment there's a core group of regular posters, although political discussions are the most lively ones of late. It wasn't always that way though; swings and roundabouts really, month by month. Lit and Music used to be a lot more active, and I hope they will be again when some newbies roll in and start lighting fuses. From what I understand the forum was abandoned by the owners for a while, but they've been advertising for a fiction editor lately, so it looks like they'll be taking submissions again soon. That should get some activity going, I reckon.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #6
rabbitinthemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Winters View Post
Hi there.
Nice to meet you.
You seem an interesting individual.
Nice to meet you as well!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Why are you on disability?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #8
rabbitinthemoon

I have an autoimmune disorder and I'm bipolar. So I'm on disability because of both.