Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Despanan

Undercover cops father children with activists

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ja...?newsfeed=true

Sweet CHRIST...that takes someone inhuman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #2
Murder.Of.Crows

That there is dedication taken far past extreme.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #3
CptSternn

I knew Mark Kennedy - his last assignment was here in Ireland and he was sent to disrupt Shell To Sea, a group which I often do work with, and also showed up at some of the anti-war protests.

They did a TV special on him a few weeks ago on More 4, I must rip it and upload it.

He is right scumbag. Fittingly enough though, his life is ruined.

The police sacked him, his face is all over the news so it's not like anyone will hire him, his friends all abondoned him as he cheated on his wife and kids while undercover and his girlfriend who he was engaged to and had more of his kids also won't speak to him for obvious reasons.

He of course is all apologetic and says he loves both women and all of his kids. But you know what? Fuck him.

Whats also odd is in the interview he tells the world he disagrees with the whole operation he was on for eight years and that private corporations were paying the police to have him gather intel and it wasn't to protect anyone but to disrupt legal protest movements against corporations. At least he was honest about that.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #4
CptSternn

http://www.shelltosea.com/content/un...orrib-protests

He wasn't just undercover, he acted as an agent provocateur. He would intentionally engage in illegal activity to force police to engage protesters to stop protests.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Saya

This is one of those things where you logically know that they (police) do this kind of shit, but I just never really thought that they'd be that...corrupt? about it? Or try to get in so deeply with the organizations.

Its like, I heard about it before, like apparently the FBI sending spies into vegan potlucks and one of my profs said that he's been to Veterans For Peace meeting where they thought someone might be listening in, but I never think much about it because it sounds too much like conspiracy theory. But I guess it really is that just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't really after you.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
emeraldlonewoulf

Waiting for Deadman to chime in any minute with an "I told you so." This is one of those things I always thought I was paranoid about, provocateurs from police and government agencies infiltrating events their management didn't agree with, something I sort of believed could happen, but didn't want to think we were that far gone. Turns out we've been that far gone for longer than my lifetime...

Now I can't help but wonder about all that other crazy stuff the conspiracy theorists go on about...

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:31 AM   #7
CptSternn

Those women should get millions from this lawsuit. I mean, think about the children.

These cops had families with children that they abandon for eight years while undercover never seeing them once. When their families do see them again they find out their husbands are now illegally remarried with more children.

How fecked are those kids going to be? Finding out their dad isn't really who he says he is and has another family?

The fault can be laid at the feet of the police department who supposedly oversaw the entire operation. This shit didn't just spring up overnight.

Because of it, multiple families now are having to deal with the fallout, fallout the police and the companies which paid them don't have to worry about.

They should be forced to pony up the money for raising all of the kids now effected PLUS emotional damages AND there should be new laws put in place.

What is really amazing is in the More 4 special they pointed out that the one operation involving Kennedy cost like six million pounds, over a million pounds a year, he was sent to dozens of countries at the behest of companies and infiltrated dozens of groups, and in the end...netted ZERO arrests. Thats right, all of the people that they investigated and arrested were later released without charge (after they stopped the protests) or were found not to be engaged in activity they could even be arrested for.

It was intel gathering for corporations and corporations used the intel to stop legal protests for PR purposes, and the UK taxpayers spent millions on this.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/c...undercover-cop
Old 01-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
Saya

I'm surprised there's no criminal charges actually. Not entirely sure about UK law but here if you lie to someone to get into bed with someone, and they would not have slept with you if they knew the truth, it counts as sexual assault. I can't remember which class, but it is illegal and I'm sure it would be easy to prove activists wouldn't sleep with a undercover cop.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote