Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
AshleyO

I'm gonna weigh in on Amendment 1.

Fuck you North Carolina.

You know, I always hear people calling homophobes "ignorant" bigots.

I'm gonna put it where it is. They're not ignorant. They understand exactly what's fair. There's nothing ignorant in what these bigots do. This legislation is calculated, planned, and intentional hate against another kind of people.

They're not ignorant. They know better and they deserve no excuse to absolve them of their bullshit.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
Alan

Not true. A huge part of people stop their homophobia when they actually find out a close friend or relative is gay.
This should show that it's clear it has more to do with ignorance than hate.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
Versus

North Carolina is the 30th state to do that. It's not enough that gay marriage is banned, but they want it that way forever, regardless of anything.

I official hate my country. I'm fucking disgusted by everything and everyone, and I don't want any god damn part of it. I'm moving to Canada as soon as I finish school, if not earlier.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
AshleyO

I hear Toronto is nice.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Versus

Fuck yeah, it is. There is a district of the city that has the highest density of restaurants in the world.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
North Carolina is the 30th state to do that. It's not enough that gay marriage is banned, but they want it that way forever, regardless of anything.

I official hate my country. I'm fucking disgusted by everything and everyone, and I don't want any god damn part of it. I'm moving to Canada as soon as I finish school, if not earlier.
You should come scope it out so you know its okay.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
Murder.Of.Crows

I've been thinking the same thing. Saya makes Canada sound so nice. I wonder if i could also transfer to their military?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
I've been thinking the same thing. Saya makes Canada sound so nice. I wonder if i could also transfer to their military?
There's also a Conservative majority in parliament and Canada hasn't been so nice since.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
There's also a Conservative majority in parliament and Canada hasn't been so nice since.
I may be mistaken, but isn't the Mayor of Toronto like 300 pounds, and drives a giant SUV everywhere? Like didn't he run on the slogan: "The Gravy Train is Over" and swear to slash taxes and cut social programs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
I may be mistaken, but isn't the Mayor of Toronto like 300 pounds, and drives a giant SUV everywhere? Like didn't he run on the slogan: "The Gravy Train is Over" and swear to slash taxes and cut social programs?
Toronto is a special place of hell right now, yes. His brother is like an ape-headed goon who bragged about not having heard of Margaret Atwood before (there was a lot of press of her protesting the mayor's cut to libraries, to the point where in solidarity if you presented your library card while purchasing a Margaret Atwood book in bookstores, you got a discount). We have a show here called This Hour Has 22 Minutes which is kinda like our Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and an actress named Mary Walsh has been on it forever and does this schtick where she dresses up as a Warrior Princess and surprises elected officials, she's done it to MPs and Prime Ministers and everyone knows who she is.

Anyway, she did it to him and he called 911 several times. He claimed it was dark out and his kids were with him and he was scared but they aired the interview and it was broad daylight and there was no kids.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #11
Versus

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #12
Elystan

I'm sorry where does the bible say anything about gays and blacks?
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #13
Versus

I don't think the cartoon is going to answer you.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
Elystan

Leviticus, right.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #15
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
I'm sorry where does the bible say anything about gays and blacks?
There are only two to four passages in the Bible that mention gays. The most prevalent and often quoted is in Leviticus. The other ones sometimes cited are ambiguous at best, as one is actually talking about r@pe and the others can be taken a few ways.

As far as blacks,

http://www.religioustolerance.org/marracbib.htm

Whats really interesting is the Bible openly and unambiguously condemns premarital sex and adultery almost five hundred times, yet when it comes to gays and blacks people have to try and make a few verses 'fit' into their views, and even then you are talking only a handful of verses, which can be interpreted in a few ways in most cases. Yet the people leading the charge against gays today have no problems with premarital sex or adultery, well, not on the same level where they are trying to pass laws to stop people from engaging in it or take away their rights.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #16
Versus

You know, it really pisses me off that somebody has to use passages from the bible to refute racism and homophobia in the bible. I mean, honestly, I could make a much better arguement; I don't give a fuck what it says because I don't need it to say that gays and blacks should have the same rights to know that it's wrong when they don't.

That being said, I don't think it's relevant what it does or does not mean; The fact is that people who use their religion to justify some that shit face a lot less hostility then people who don't. Why?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #17
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
You know, it really pisses me off that somebody has to use passages from the bible to refute racism and homophobia in the bible. I mean, honestly, I could make a much better arguement; I don't give a fuck what it says because I don't need it to say that gays and blacks should have the same rights to know that it's wrong when they don't.

That being said, I don't think it's relevant what it does or does not mean; The fact is that people who use their religion to justify some that shit face a lot less hostility then people who don't. Why?
I'd say anyone not wearing a white hood or swastika is pretty much bound to not receive much hostility.

And I agree with you that it shouldn't matter at all what the Bible says, but its effective to shoot down what reasoning people have.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
AshleyO

A book that supports all views, support none.

Matter of fact. What the shit are we doing referring to a book that shouldn't even matter?

Old 05-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
Solumina

As much as it shouldn't matter a lot of people use it in a way that makes it matter.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #20
AshleyO

I know. *sigh*