Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #151
CuckooTuli

Sure you do, Trollfeeder.

(Sorry dude... you did kind of walk right into that one.)
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #152
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Sure you do, Trollfeeder.

(Sorry dude... you did kind of walk right into that one.)
hey who ya calling a troll?
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #153
Ben Lahnger

Not only has the bible been edited beyond recognition from what it originally was (in fact, whole parts were excised entirely), but the parts that remain aren't even particularly viable as a history book.

*quoting Asimov's Guide to the Bible: A Historical Look at the Old and New Testaments:

"The Bible is not a history book in the modern sense, of course, since its writers lacked the benefit of modern archaeological techniques, and had different standards of what was and was not significant in history ...

So it happens, therefore, that millions of people today know of Nebachadnezzar, and have never heard of Pericles, simply because Nebachadnezzar is mentioned prominently in the Bible and Pericles is never mentioned at all.

Millions know of Ahasuerus as a Persian King who married Esther even though there is no record of such an event outside of the Bible. Most of those same millions never suspect that he is better known to modern historians as Xerxes and that the most important event in his reign was an invasion of Greece that ended in utter defeat. That invasion is not mentioned in the Bible.

Millions know certain minor Egyptian Pharaohs, such as Shishak and Necho, who are mentioned in the Bible, but have never heard of the great conquering Pharaoh, Thutmose III, who is not. People whose very existence is doubtful, such as Nimrod and the queen of Sheba, are household names because they are mentioned in the Bible, while figures who were colossal in their day are sunk in oblivion because they are not."

... and so on.

If for no other reason than for the utter faith that people (the same large, sheep-minded collection of people that in previous generations accepted "the world is flat" and "if man was meant to fly he'd have wings" as indisputable fact) put in the wildly inaccurate history the Bible tells, I dislike the bible. I am irritated with the amount of nonsense described in it that people believe to be true and unquestionable. But mostly, I am pissed at how much it has bastardized what people believe to be history.

Yes, TROLL, the notion that the Bible has been edited is a proven historical FACT, your protestations to the contrary because "you know what you know" notwithstanding.

Troll on.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #154
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Not only has the bible been edited beyond recognition from what it originally was (in fact, whole parts were excised entirely), but the parts that remain aren't even particularly viable as a history book.

*quoting Asimov's Guide to the Bible: A Historical Look at the Old and New Testaments:

"The Bible is not a history book in the modern sense, of course, since its writers lacked the benefit of modern archaeological techniques, and had different standards of what was and was not significant in history ...

So it happens, therefore, that millions of people today know of Nebachadnezzar, and have never heard of Pericles, simply because Nebachadnezzar is mentioned prominently in the Bible and Pericles is never mentioned at all.

Millions know of Ahasuerus as a Persian King who married Esther even though there is no record of such an event outside of the Bible. Most of those same millions never suspect that he is better known to modern historians as Xerxes and that the most important event in his reign was an invasion of Greece that ended in utter defeat. That invasion is not mentioned in the Bible.

Millions know certain minor Egyptian Pharaohs, such as Shishak and Necho, who are mentioned in the Bible, but have never heard of the great conquering Pharaoh, Thutmose III, who is not. People whose very existence is doubtful, such as Nimrod and the queen of Sheba, are household names because they are mentioned in the Bible, while figures who were colossal in their day are sunk in oblivion because they are not."

... and so on.

If for no other reason than for the utter faith that people (the same large, sheep-minded collection of people that in previous generations accepted "the world is flat" and "if man was meant to fly he'd have wings" as indisputable fact) put in the wildly inaccurate history the Bible tells, I dislike the bible. I am irritated with the amount of nonsense described in it that people believe to be true and unquestionable. But mostly, I am pissed at how much it has bastardized what people believe to be history.

Yes, TROLL, the notion that the Bible has been edited is a proven historical FACT, your protestations to the contrary because "you know what you know" notwithstanding.

Troll on.
I'm only considered a troll to those who find me offensive, and you have one idiot person your listening to, you will be sorry one day that you didn't listen to me. And that is one scholar out of hundreds or thousands, or hundreds of thousand that think that the bible is true as a history book, one person you will always find who doesn't think so, because he hates God
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #155
Ben Lahnger

See, I call you a troll because you believe that hundreds of thousands of people "thinking" the bible is true makes it so.

Facts prove different. The "scholar" I quoted is citing facts. You are citing feelings.

Get over yourself.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #156
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
See, I call you a troll because you believe that hundreds of thousands of people "thinking" the bible is true makes it so.

Facts prove different. The "scholar" I quoted is citing facts. You are citing feelings.

Get over yourself.
and I know a million scholars who think the bible is fact, and you one scholar doesn't make a dent in the millions of scholars who think it is fact me being one of them, because of the 10,00 manuscripts of the new testiment bible they have found dating back to 60 ad, also bc means before christ and ad means after death
Old 12-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #157
Timeless Rebellion

The flying spaghetti monster judges you to a lifetime in the boiling pot placed on the stove of hell!
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #158
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
The flying spaghetti monster judges you to a lifetime in the boiling pot placed on the stove of hell!
I curse the flying spaghetti monster
Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #159
Timeless Rebellion

You cannot curse the flying spaghetti monster, for He is your creator, and thus only He has the power to curse.
He is your one and true maker, He is the truth!
I know this because I know it and I know it and it's the truth because I know it and I know it!
You can believe what you will, but it's not right, because I know the truth because I know it!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #160
pothead

Quote:
You cannot curse the flying spaghetti monster, for He is your creator, and thus only He has the power to curse.
He is your one and true maker, He is the truth!
I know this because I know it and I know it and it's the truth because I know it and I know it!
You can believe what you will, but it's not right, because I know the truth because I know it!
the flying spaghetti monster is about as real to me as the pastofairy or pastoclaws, or the pastobunny or a smart blond
Old 12-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #161
Timeless Rebellion

Or the Christian God?
Except for the vast difference that the flying spaghetti monster is real - and he judges you!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #162
pothead

Quote:
Or the Christian God?
Except for the vast difference that the flying spaghetti monster is real - and he judges you!
no not the christian God he is totally real, Jesus is God by the way, and the flying spaghetti monster isn't real if I don't believe in it, like I need an imaginary judge, or friend called the flying spaghetti monster, I'm sorry but I believe in science that's why I don't believe in the pastaferian belief that the earth is only 6 thousand years old
Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #163
Timeless Rebellion

But a floating, non-detectable deity who decides to fuck with the fate of man more than once is totally logical then?

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the one and true maker!!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #164
pothead

Quote:
But a floating, non-detectable deity who decides to fuck with the fate of man more than once is totally logical then?

All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the one and true maker!!
he isn't non detectable, he came as a human as Jesus back a long time ago, so he is coming back too, and soon, and yes he is logical, well you can choose to be close minded , and ignorant, and believe in the flying spaghetti monster, me on the other hand am going to be open minded and believe in Jesus because he is the creator
Old 12-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #165
Murder.Of.Crows

ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/
Adjective:

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

close-minded - not ready to receive to new ideas
closed-minded
narrow-minded, narrow - lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view; "a brilliant but narrow-minded judge"; "narrow opinions"

ox·y·mo·ron (ks-môrn, -mr-)
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in "he isn't non detectable, he came as a human as Jesus back a long time ago, so he is coming back too, and soon, and yes he is logical, well you can choose to be close minded , and ignorant, and believe in the flying spaghetti monster, me on the other hand am going to be open minded and believe in Jesus because he is the creator" - example giving by pothead, 12/29/2011

Just to inform you on your misunderstanding of the words you used....
Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #166
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/
Adjective:

Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

close-minded - not ready to receive to new ideas
closed-minded
narrow-minded, narrow - lacking tolerance or flexibility or breadth of view; "a brilliant but narrow-minded judge"; "narrow opinions"

ox·y·mo·ron (ks-môrn, -mr-)
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons
A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in "he isn't non detectable, he came as a human as Jesus back a long time ago, so he is coming back too, and soon, and yes he is logical, well you can choose to be close minded , and ignorant, and believe in the flying spaghetti monster, me on the other hand am going to be open minded and believe in Jesus because he is the creator" - example giving by pothead, 12/29/2011

Just to inform you on your misunderstanding of the words you used....
I never used the word oxymoron or narrow minded
Old 12-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #167
pothead

I curse the flying spaghetti monster
Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #168
Timeless Rebellion

You cannot curse Him, for He is the only one with the power to curse!
R'amen!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #169
pothead

Quote:
You cannot curse Him, for He is the only one with the power to curse!
R'amen!
watch me curse him I have more power than the flying spaghetti monster because I'm the antipasto
Old 12-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #170
Timeless Rebellion

No one has more power than Him!
R'amen!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #171
pothead

Quote:
No one has more power than Him!
R'amen!
well I do because I am the antipasto
Old 12-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #172
Grausamkeit

R'amen!

Hey, Timeless, you wanna go get drunk and tear apart religions with logic?

*waggles eyebrows*

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #173
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
R'amen!

*waggles eyebrows*
religion is logic, well true religion is
Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #174
pothead

Quote:
R'amen!

*waggles eyebrows*
can I get drunk with you too? I hate religion
Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #175
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
R'amen!

*waggles eyebrows*
Why doesn't anyone offer me alcohol anymore? It's because i leave stupid posts, huh?