Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
luna876

me luna

well a little bit abobout me weill i am finnish my name is luna obviously. i like many thing i like meatel music and i love to read books about shadows and darkness and mysterious murder cases. i do not like to be insulted. especially because of my spelling and grammer or whatever. >_< ^_^ i like to fight with my custom made swords i really quite good at it if you even care. another this is don't mess with me because i will mentally mess you up i am a medium and clare voient and spiritualist. i like the coler black and red and purple ^_^. >_>
well anyways please don't insult me cause then i get depressed and you wont like me when im depressed. im 16 yr old grl and i like to go to the goddess altar in the middle of the woods at some nights to talk to her and enjoi her company. so thats all about me..... well not really you have to get to know me better. ^_^
luna876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna876
i will mentally mess you up i am a medium and clare voient and spiritualist.
Helpful Hint: threatening people when you first meet them just makes them see you as a confrontational asshole. Good luck having healthy interactions with anyone when you have an attitude like that. Secondly, having such a laughable threat is even worse. I don't like you, go away. Thank you.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
well anyways please don't insult me cause then i get depressed and you wont like me when im depressed.
I get the distinct feeling you're a troll. Still, on the off-chance that you're in earnest, and that the above is a veiled suicide threat, I'll insult you: you're a retard and I hope you die.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
luna876

im sorry i have been getting a lot of crap from people ever since i joined pople tell me to GO AWAY also people tell me THE WISH I DIE AND MY GRAMAR IS BAD AND MY SPELLING. im sad now T_T thynx alot you gopt me depressed.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
luna876

im sad now
Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Great. No one will ever bother you about spelling and grammar again, ok?
But that doesn't mean there's not other reasons to be mad.

Believing Nightwish is the best band evah!!!?
Yeah, sure, ignore gods like Bob Dylan and the Rolling Stones and The Beatles and Peter Murphy and Patti Smith and Jimi Hendrix...
No, their talent pales in comparison to the pseudo-operatic chants of Nightwish, and not even the metal bands they stole their sound from deserve to be mentioned.

And also, just because you write doesn't mean it's literature. You're so obsessed with anything that's "dark" that you would shun most art.
You'd rather have a picture of a spooky ghost than a Pollock in your bedroom, I'm willing to bet.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Bob Dylan fucking sucks.

He changed everything for fame, including his name.
Fuck Dylan.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
clare voient
Clare voient, huh? That's a whore's superpower.

Quote:
well anyways please don't insult me cause then i get depressed and you wont like me when im depressed.
I think it's time for us to play your sad walking away music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian
You'd rather have a picture of a spooky ghost than a Pollock in your bedroom, I'm willing to bet.
Why have either when you could have the spooky ghost of Pollock?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Bob Dylan fucking sucks.

Fuck Dylan.
Screw that, the dude wrote like a god. I don't even care that he never really gave a shit about civil rights - that talent excuses every sin it's possible to commit.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Screw that, the dude wrote like a god. I don't even care that he never really gave a shit about civil rights - that talent excuses every sin it's possible to commit.
No...no he didn't.
A lot of his lyrics were cliche and silly.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
No...no he didn't.
Yes, he did. He was prolific. Law of averages says something, sooner or later, was gonna suck. Doesn't mean the guy wasn't a genius.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #12
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
And William Wordsworth became poet laureate.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
And William Wordsworth became poet laureate.
That doesn't make it ok, I mean, his work was good, but I don't respect that he changed his name for that.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

And Dylan's work is still great, despite his numerous times, depending on which one you choose, he has 'sold out'.
My problem with him is that he was born again and began making a lot of christian songs.
I still acknowledge him as the best musician of our times.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 07-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
That doesn't make it ok, I mean, his work was good, but I don't respect that he changed his name for that.
So separate the two. Hell, many of my heroes were wifebeaters, womanisers, fascists and a whole host of other unlikeable things. That doesn't necessarily have to piss on their art.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I still acknowledge him as the best musician of our times.
Wait, do you mean musical artist or musician?
I mean...as far as his musicianship goes, I would say he had talent, but he's FAR from the best.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #17
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
So separate the two. Hell, many of my heroes were wifebeaters, womanisers, fascists and a whole host of other unlikeable things. That doesn't necessarily have to piss on their art.
I did separate the two; I commented on both. I don't respect his name change for the sake of making money, and I don't think he was all that talented.

I hate repeating myself.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #18
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
I did separate the two; I commented on both. I don't respect his name change for the sake of making money, and I don't think he was all that talented.

I hate repeating myself.
Fair enough - I guess you have a point there. You are, however, entirely mistaken IMO regarding Dylan's talent. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #19
Childe_Roland

Luna,

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time with people since you joined, but that's part of the risk you take when you join, and chose to interact on, any online community. I'm not going to pick a fight with you over your use (or misuse) of the language, or for any of your personal preferences or views of the world.

Just a suggestion, however, introductions that include any sort of "or else" tend to put people on the defensive, and in fact display a degree of insecurity that may not encourage others to talk to you. Now, being a predominantly goth community here, I would imagine that insecurity is rampant. On occasions I just about shake myself to pieces for fear of having to interact with people, but I don't accommodate that fear by threatening people if they aren't civil to me. I mean, for real, if I chose to dismember every person that was uncivil to me in a day, I wouldn't get anything else done.

That having been said, as one newcomer to another, I say "hello." You're welcome to talk to me anytime you wish, and I will as polite to you as you are to me. Relax and be yourself; don't worry so much about everybody else.

And I'm not going to argue about Bob Dylan...Allen Ginsberg liked him, and that's pedigree enough for me.

Ta,

Roland
Childe_Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
viscus

Quote:
i like to fight with my custom made swords i really quite good at it if you even care. another this is don't mess with me because i will mentally mess you up i am a medium and clare voient and spiritualist.
Oh for fucksake...this isn't another one of Signe's accounts, is it?

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:52 AM   #21
Childe_Roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
I went and looked up Signe's posts after this, and spent most of the last hour laughing hysterically. That may be simultaneously one of the funniest and saddest examples of human behavior I've ever run across. There should be a "Don't Be a Signe" warning on every forum.
Childe_Roland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:22 AM   #22
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
No...no he didn't.
....Okay. Fair enough. But wait.... Where are your Albums, Tribute Books, and documentaries directed by Martin Scorsese? Just because a lot of people liked him doesn't mean he was a sell out. The proof is in the thousands of bands TRYING to sell out, but no one is buying. You have to have some kind of spark that draws people in the first place. Not everything has to be profound and earth shaking. Sometimes silly is fun. And usually cliches have something behind them that strikes a chord with a vast majority of the population. How else would they become cliches?

So what if he changed his name? Does this mean you Don't like Siouxsie Sioux? Would you like it better if she was just Susan Ballion???? Who the hell cares what he called himself? And how do you know the REASON he change his name was for money? Have you asked him?

"In his autobiography, Chronicles (2004), he wrote, "What I was going to do as soon as I left home was just call myself Robert Allen.... It sounded like a Scottish king and I liked it." However, by reading Down Beat magazine, he discovered that there was already a saxophonist called David Allyn. Dylan adds, "I'd seen some poems by Dylan Thomas. Dylan and Allyn sounded similar. Robert Dylan. Robert Allyn. The letter D came on stronger." -Wikipedia
Oh, and I recall having read the same thing in other places, so it's not just random Wikipedia lies.

Have a nice day "Underwater Ophelia" BTW Is Ophelia your real name? If it isn't should your words hold less meaning?
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:44 AM   #23
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
....Okay. Fair enough. But wait.... Where are your Albums, Tribute Books, and documentaries directed by Martin Scorsese? Just because a lot of people liked him doesn't mean he was a sell out. The proof is in the thousands of bands TRYING to sell out, but no one is buying. You have to have some kind of spark that draws people in the first place. Not everything has to be profound and earth shaking. Sometimes silly is fun. And usually cliches have something behind them that strikes a chord with a vast majority of the population. How else would they become cliches?

So what if he changed his name? Does this mean you Don't like Siouxsie Sioux? Would you like it better if she was just Susan Ballion???? Who the hell cares what he called himself? And how do you know the REASON he change his name was for money? Have you asked him?

"In his autobiography, Chronicles (2004), he wrote, "What I was going to do as soon as I left home was just call myself Robert Allen.... It sounded like a Scottish king and I liked it." However, by reading Down Beat magazine, he discovered that there was already a saxophonist called David Allyn. Dylan adds, "I'd seen some poems by Dylan Thomas. Dylan and Allyn sounded similar. Robert Dylan. Robert Allyn. The letter D came on stronger." -Wikipedia
Oh, and I recall having read the same thing in other places, so it's not just random Wikipedia lies.

Have a nice day "Underwater Ophelia" BTW Is Ophelia your real name? If it isn't should your words hold less meaning?
I definitely already addressed this, so I'm not responding to this stupid rant.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #24
luna876

well i don't car what anone says anymore the man was a music god and i don't really care what kinada feedback i get.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #25
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
No Signe has reformed.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote