Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Extremely worried about Graus

I'm very much concerned about Grausamkeit, she hasn't been online as far as I know for awhile now. She's lost her kids, she lost her marriage(while this in itself is a good thing, combined with the other relationship losses it can be quite ad), she lost her master, and she then lost her sub.

I'm worried she might have or might be be thinking of doing something drastic, I know she's mentioned such temptations to me. I'm not sure what I can or should do. The only way I could possibly contact her when she's offline is to use the only definite piece of personal info I have on her which is her real name. I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to use that info and contact her family to see if shes ok.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Acharis

It's a tough call Ren.

I'm not sure about family, it might be best not to talk to her in-laws and I'm not sure either about immediate family... I get the sense that there may be something touchy somewhere in there but not exactly sure where.

When did you last hear from her? After reading this and having a look I know her last post elsewhere was on March 25 so maybe she's just busy and you don't need to worry... I think so. A few things are happening.

But since you mention those temptations.. if she seemed odd or down last time you spoke and your feelings say there's really something up, then maybe check in and just ask how she's doing. Better safe than sorry yes?
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Solumina

Have you tried emailing her? If you know of any friends that would know how to contact her I would try them first (maybe Vince?), contacting family would be a last resort but I can understand why you would be worried and better safe than sorry so do what you have to in order to make sure she is safe.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
Renatus

Afraid I don't know of any friend contacts she has other than gnet, though she has told me about her family, including her sisters, brother, and nieces(actually I can't remember how many nieces she has).
Who is Vince?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 04-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Give her time. From what you've described, any one of several things are more important at this time than Gnet.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Renatus

I know but still I worry.

Though it's not just gnet I talk to her on, I also talk to her on skype, and originally msn..... She definitely has a Texan accent.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Solumina

Tekajo was Vince's old username here, I know he kept in touch with a lot of the old crew, maybe he would know how to get in touch with her. I sent him an email, haven't talked to him in a while so I'm not sure if he even still uses it but I figured it was worth a shot.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Fruitbat

She may just need some space. Send her an email if you have it. Her world has turned upside down. All her energy is going into her real life at the moment, she probably doesn't have anything left to give online.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
Apathy's_Child

I'd say just email her for now. Contacting family is kind of intrusive when really, it hasn't been THAT long since she posted, and shit ike Gnet is really not a priority when actual life stuff is happening.

Tell her we're thinking of her. Sounds like a hella sucky time.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Saya

Agree with all of the above, she's disappeared before and reappeared, and some old gnetters have her contact info.

That, and also maybe she told you those things in confidence and didn't post that here for a reason.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Renatus

Gah, I messed up again. I seem to keep doing that when lives are put at risk at all, since it is a "ends justify the means" scenario in my mind. I've heard far too often that mental health professionals can break doctor patient confidentiality when someone's life is potentially put in danger, and even had that happen to me once myself.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #12
Apathy's_Child

I'm sure she'll understand that this thread's from the heart and all. But yeah, agreed - it's worth erring on the side of discretion when you're not sure what's okay to reveal when it's other people's shit... just a thought for the future.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
Renatus

Alright time for a vote, all those in favor of me calling her cell say I.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #14
Fruitbat

Have you emailed her?

Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Renatus

yep, no response yet, this is just a vote for future reference anyways.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Solumina

Yes call her, she did give you her number after all.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #17
Fruitbat

Well I guess it's okay to call her, just if you leave a message don't be all "phone me okay" just let her know that you're just making sure she's okay and that if she needs someone to talk to you are there for her.

Let her know that there are lots of people thinking of her and sending her love and hugs.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
Ben Lahnger

I remember a few times at "the other place" when things like this got blown into bigger drama by some people's well-intentioned but poorly informed actions. I think you have to trust that 1) nobody else can fight for her wellbeing if she isn't fighting for it herself and 2) she's got other, better resources closer at hand than a friendly but disembodied voice hundreds of miles away and talking through the interwebs.

Also, not for nothing, but sometimes people do go away from the internet for extended lengths of time, and it's alright... maybe even healthy.

Good to see you all again.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #19
Solumina

Ben, it's a phone call. It isn't like he is tracking her down or calling the cops to do a welfare check, she gave him the number. When you are concerned about a friend you contact them, pretty simple.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
Fruitbat

Good to see you again Ben.

Yep totally agree time away from the internet is a great thing.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
Grausamkeit

Ren, I appreciate the thought, hun. Next time just call before posting a thread like this, please.

Thank you all for the thoughts. They are appreciated. I was just getting my life in order. Been too busy working these days for much else. I only have the internets on my phone and it's a PITA to get on here that way, most of the time. Yeah, not much else to say right now. Jameson is an awesome whiskey!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #22
Acharis

Graus!

*humps leg*
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #23
Catch

I'm too busy too.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
Grausamkeit