Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #1
JCC

Equal Rights

So, this was something that I said to somebody on MSN, and decided to post it here. If it belongs in the Politics forum, then by all means move it. Anyway:

I have come to the conclusion that the "equal rights system" implemented by the Labour Government is actually a farce that has been reduced to people of asian or black ethnicity being hired instead of white people simply because of their colour as a sort of symbol that they're not racist. Why this should be needed is simple; with the elevated rights immigrants have over english citizens, by way of them getting free housing or substantial financial help with buying a home and buying their provisions whilst at the same time not working and scrounging off tax-payers hard earned money. This equal rights system has actually made it so that people who are not of white ethnicity are favoured over those that are, and the only thing that this could actually lead to is instead of integration between all races it leads to racism fuelled by envy because of the things that they get whilst the citizens of England, the original citizens are homeless or in deep financial debt with no financial support from the government even when they work to try and make an honest living instead of stealing the money of tax-payers in a like-minded situation. Furthermore, Islamic people seem to be able to take the freedom of speech right and abuse it, with things such as "Allah will dominate". If we were to go outside a Muslim place of worship with signs saying "Jesus Christ will overpower Islam" we would be up to our necks in criticism and riots from the Islamic members of the community. This should be sorted fairly quickly, as even though the british people put up a lot of things before a backlash will occur, that backlash is inevitable eventually, as what happened with Poll Tax. After a while of putting up with it, british citizens rioted because they were fed up of being treated unfairly and a repeat of this is not far away. Plus, Islamic people are criticized a lot, adding fuel to their fire, but nobody mentions the christian extremists that bombed places a decade ago. I bring that up because I actually want equal rights, not the farce put in place pretending to be that.

I was bored when I said it and felt like using lots of big words.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #2
Mir

Fuck Muslims, Fuck Christians, and most of all, Fuck equal rights. The strong shall persevere and prosper. The weak shall be left behind in the wake. And all this will happen regardless of one's ethnicity.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
Graveyard.Crow

I suppose you are right, it has always been survival of the fittest. But this is jobs we are talking about. If somebody is hired because of their ethnicity before they can even show that they are more fit for the job than the other person, that becomes a bit different.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
IsThatLatin

Economic survival of the fittest? So, Darwinian survival of the fittest says that species who can adapt through environmental pressures, etc, are most likely to carry on their genes, and viola...there's your fittest, surviving. So, maybe these minorities are, due to what's been the changing environment for a few hundred years now (at least), to be the fittest who will survive. Europeans have pretty much created this environment with centuries of oppression...what do we really expect? These are the results. We behaved so badly that these are the measures we must take to try to make up for the irreversible damage we've done to countries, races, ethnicities, communities, families, and individuals.

While I hate it when any particular race, religion, or general culture pushes to infringe on my own personal rights, it's hard for me to listen to this sort of whining. Monarchies and governments got us into this mess in the first place--they are the ones making decisions right now to make life difficult for everyone (except those in high enough positions), and what do we do? We blame "the minorities," or just about anyone with a swarthy complexion, frankly. Ex: don't like that India's taking all the jobs? Well, Britain might have done well to have left the country alone in the first place, but as it is now, maybe the corporations you support by buying their product should not ship those jobs overseas. There's an idea. That Indian guy on the line you just called for customer support? He's just working a job, paying his bills, supporting his family...just like you.

As for religious crap...I can't even go into it. I'm an Atheist and a skeptic in general, and the thought of so much death and destruction over what I sea as purely nothing is enough to send me into a rage.
IsThatLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
MollyMac

General Darwinism:

1) Do not be scrumptious
2) DO be cute
3) Do not annoy anything that can outrun you
Old 01-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
emeraldlonewoulf

Do you mind if i add the above statement as a quote in my signature? It's awesome.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:55 AM   #7
Drake Dun

Please, can we not have another half-baked "survival of the fittest" speech? There are so many things wrong with this it's hard to know where to start.

1. Evolutionary fitness is not strength of body, mind or personality.

If there is a government with a policy of favoring a particular racial group, and the government itself and its policies are sufficiently enduring that they indeed have the effect of increasing the prevalence in the gene pool of genes associated with that racial group, then those genes are by definition more fit.

This is true even if the phenotypes of those genes are things we would traditionally consider weaknesses, such as say poor stature or low intelligence.

2. Darwin's natural selection is not Hobbes's "warre of every man against every man".

Evolution is not a testosterone-poisoned fantasy in which the big tough guy gives the weak guy a trouncing and then rapes all the women to spread his manly seed to the four corners of the Earth. Perhaps you have noticed that there are butterflies, mice, and plenty of other critters and humans running around that appear "weak". How have their genes survived for so long, I wonder? There is more to evolution than that, including, for example, altruism... which brings us to...

3. Natural selection happens at the level of the gene, not the individual.

Perhaps this will come as news to you, but children are not identical copies of their parents. What survives or dies in the evolutionary process is not individuals, but genes. Evolution happens to duplicating representations of chemicals bouncing around in your body. It could not care less about who you are or whether you are a bad-ass. Or perhaps you hadn't noticed that...

4. The strong (in your sense of the word) do not survive.

Maybe I am suffering from a lack of data, here, but I can't recall meeting or hearing about any people who were 792 years old and survived that long because they were big and tough or went to the gym more often than the rest of us. No matter how "strong" you are, you are not going to survive life, which has a 100% casualty rate.

5. Evolution takes a different color among humans in the modern world.

As far as evolution is concerned, your genes have had their say once you have finished having kids. For women this means they finish being a part of your imaginary natural meet-grinder sometime in their 30s or 40s, and for men the age is usually not much later. I must have missed the broad social trend in which people who are not cock-blocking raw egg swallowers all die off in their 20s.

Possibly more importantly, our modern surroundings change the rules of the game dramatically. Have you noticed that poor people tend to have more kids than rich people? It is entirely likely that the deeply ironic result of modern society is that being poor, uneducated, and/or downright stupid is an evolutionary advantage.

6. The theory of evolution is descriptive, not normative.

Natural selection is a natural process, not a moral imperative. It has effects, not values. There is no telos to it and you cannot serve it or thwart it. Complaining that a government policy thwarts evolution is like whining that solid fuel rockets are harming gravity.

So please, leave the evolutionary theory to scientists and those of us laymen who have bothered to read about it. Go paint some nice flames on the side of your raised truck, or something.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:57 AM   #8
Drake Dun

That was not directed to IsThatLatin, by the way. I will allow the intended insultee to figure out for himself who he is.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:01 AM   #9
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
Do you mind if i add the above statement as a quote in my signature? It's awesome.

... only if you can outrun me, are cute, and aren't easily scrumptious

:P
Old 01-11-2007, 07:20 AM   #10
IsThatLatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
That was not directed to IsThatLatin, by the way. I will allow the intended insultee to figure out for himself who he is.

Drake
Hehheh...thanks. I feel the same way. I don't mind using any aspect of "Darwinism" to philosophize and theorize about a variety of topics, but I hate the angsty, oh-the-world-is-such-a-worthless-place social Darwinism.
IsThatLatin is offline   Reply With Quote