Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #101
edible_eye

well there's an endorsement to warrant some celebration.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:29 PM   #102
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
*snip*

...and thats why the people there are soooo happy they are meeting the US troops in the streets with flowers.
I don't know about flowers, but I know that this happens quite often;

Image credit goes to a friend of mine in the Air Force who did two tours over in Iraq. Original image can be found on his profile HERE.

A quick story here; he told me about his time over there and one day his unit was out and were watching a couple of local children playing soccer. One kid tripped and injured his leg real bad. Him and other troops immediately came to the kid's aid and made a splint for his leg. Have another friend in the DIA who told me how one of the most influential local clerics (who basically acts as the law in the town since it's mostly guarded by militias) invited him into his home for tea as a guest. Alot of the towns people know him and treat him with respect, often approaching him with a smile and well wishes.

You can always get the whole story from US soldiers, because 1.) Alot of them disfavor the constant slander that the media throws at them and tries to compensate for the scare tatics that news agencies report on 24/7 by offering up humanitarian stories all the time. That's where you hear about how the majority of citizens really treat and regard US soldiers who often go above and beyond the call of duty to help the average Iraqi, and 2.) They certainly won't discount the otherside too, as it's a little hard to ignore those instances in which people are shooting at you or firing RPGs at the side of a base in the middle of the night.

All I can say is talk to a number of US soldiers and you'll see that alot of Iraqis do smile, wave, and cheer on American and Coalition soldiers over there daily.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #103
edible_eye

yeah - the food = they explode.

the thought = they were wired to kill the marines. guess the "psycho" dude's a hero.

if you're gonna bash america, might you try a bit harder to come up with relevant material? i mean, shit - even sternn sometimes gives an idea or two worth considering.