Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: Can People on Gothic.net have a Real Conversation about Racism?
Yes 4 30.77%
No 6 46.15%
Maybe 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #76
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
Off the top of my head, Timbuktu.

Umm I don't think you know what evolutionary drift means. Also mixed race children aren't sterile.
Sick 'em, Ely!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #77
Elystan

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OqiKkTj5eB...1600/IQADD.bmp

Darn sneaky Jews
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #78
Awake Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
People can still hate on something imaginary. Someone can hate me because I don't worship their God, doesn't make their hate or malice less real. Just makes racism a lot more stupid, doesn't it?

Sorry, you're going to have to provide reliable sources. Got a peer reviewed article you could share, not some bigot's opinion?
If you bothered to listen to it you would know it's not opinion. Whould the peer review have to be non-white so that no matter what I provide you can't call bigot?
Awake Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #79
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake Knights View Post
Again, like I said, it's up to you to decide. I don't see how it's racist to say there are plenty of studies to support a claim and that I don't need guns as an example. But so be it.
Well, I'm deciding you're a bigotted moron.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #80
Awake Knights

Quote:
Off the top of my head, Timbuktu.

Umm I don't think you know what evolutionary drift means. Also mixed race children aren't sterile.
Yet. Time and isolation.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #81
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Well, I'm deciding you're a bigotted moron.
Stop discriminating against the poor defenceless heterosexual white male. He needs all the helping hands he can get in life. Oh why can't it be more fair? All he wants is for people to treat him with the same respect as they would a black lesbian.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #82
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Stop discriminating against the poor defenceless heterosexual white male. He needs all the helping hands he can get in life. Oh why can't it be more fair? All he wants is for people to treat him with the same respect as they would a black lesbian.
Really? How many times should we kick him in the face with our cleats, then? He did want 'equality', right?

Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #83
MissCheyenne

Quote:
You are SO right because OBVIOUSLY black lesbians are knee fucking deep in respect as everyone knows. El, you are voice of reason in this thread.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #84
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
You are SO right because OBVIOUSLY black lesbians are knee fucking deep in respect as everyone knows. El, you are voice of reason in this thread.
Thanks but I'll give that one to Saya, I'm just the voice of wit.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #85
Awake Knights

Quote:
I know that sarcasm can be the most fun, but you could try contributing to the conversation as well.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #86
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Thanks but I'll give that one to Saya, I'm just the voice of wit.
Aww, so modest. I like it.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #87
Alan

It's not a 'FACT' that your race is ethnically superior, Awake Knights, mainly because the idea of 'race' is a social construct.
Starting from that simple and actual FACT, everything you deem a 'fact' is ipso facto wrong. It's like talking about superiority by phrenology claims.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #88
Grausamkeit

Jill SMASH!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #89
Elystan

Quote:
I know that sarcasm can be the most fun, but you could try contributing to the conversation as well.
Right right, sorry. You want to be treated with greater respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Aww, so modest. I like it.
Oh stop you're making me blush
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #90
Awake Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
It's not a 'FACT' that your race is ethnically superior, Awake Knights, mainly because the idea of 'race' is a social construct.
Starting from that simple and actual FACT, everything you deem a 'fact' is ipso facto wrong. It's like talking about superiority by phrenology claims.
(social construction) A concept or practice that may appear natural and obvious to those who accept it, but that in reality is an invention of a particular culture or society.

noun 
races, plural

1.Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics

These are contradictory. If a social construct is false then it can be proven so. If races have distict physical characteristics, than this can be proven by science with empirical evidence (which it can).
Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #91
Awake Knights

Quote:
Right right, sorry. You want to be treated with greater respect.

Oh stop you're making me blush
I'm not really concerned with how you speak to me. Your contribution to the conversation more reflects on you...
Old 09-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #92
Elystan

Quote:
(social construction) A concept or practice that may appear natural and obvious to those who accept it, but that in reality is an invention of a particular culture or society.

noun 
races, plural

1.Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics

These are contradictory. If a social construct is false then it can be proven so. If races have distict physical characteristics, than this can be proven by science with empirical evidence (which it can).
Reality is a social construct. This can be difficult to grasp.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #93
Elystan

Quote:
I'm not really concerned with how you speak to me. Your contribution to the conversation more reflects on you...
And the ladies love it!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #94
Saya

Quote:
If you bothered to listen to it you would know it's not opinion. Whould the peer review have to be non-white so that no matter what I provide you can't call bigot?
A peer reviewed study by white people would be a huge improvement over a guy who's afraid of black people giving a "lecture" on youtube, yes.

And you didn't answer my question. China is the longest surviving civilization, and stands economically to crush competition and emerge the largest super power. If that happens, will you acknowledge yourself as part of an inferior race?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #95
Saya

Quote:

noun 
races, plural

Oh, I'm sorry, you're right. Linguists are better judges of racial issues than anthropologists and sociologists.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #96
Grausamkeit

Social Construct

Old 09-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #97
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
A peer reviewed study by white people would be a huge improvement over a guy who's afraid of black people giving a "lecture" on youtube, yes.

And you didn't answer my question. China is the longest surviving civilization, and stands economically to crush competition and emerge the largest super power. If that happens, will you acknowledge yourself as part of an inferior race?
Never mind the Chinese, check out the average IQ on Jews! Gods chosen people right there.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #98
Grausamkeit

Quote:
And the ladies love it!
Oh yes, we love your huge contribution...

Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #99
Saya

Quote:
Never mind the Chinese, check out the average IQ on Jews! Gods chosen people right there.
Quiet you, he might try to reclaim them as white.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:02 PM   #100
Elystan

Here let me do more fun things with statistics:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...e2378c5c82acfd

Quote:
Studies going back over 50 years have repeatedly arrived at the same conclusion -- racists have lower IQs than non-racists. The average intelligence quotient (IQ) of all members of the human race is 100 on the Stanford-Binet scale. The average IQ of racists is up to 4 IQ points less than this (Montagu 1952 & 1988, Allport 1946, Frenkel-Brunswick and Sanford 1945). The reasons this is true are not entirely clear. Does racism attract the unintelligent or do the unintelligent default into racist mentalities? An exploration of this phenomenon can be most informative.
Follow the link for more information