Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:21 AM   #51
OnixxFilth

Actually, Jane, you spelled that quite fine! Kudos! I'm kind of a "rebel Christian" in a way because I don't believe it's a sin to have sex before you're married or that gays are sinning, no matter what the Bible says. I'm not just a blind sheep.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:40 AM   #52
Disfunction

This whole Christian discussion has brought to light the important matter of perception. What we are taught is not often fact, and we're still slowly evolving ideologies. Someone can say whatever they want about their perception of God, because of course that's highly subjective. No two people will perceive God exactly the same.

Then there's also the matter of which texts you believe are representative and which stand as literal. How much of the story is based on fact and how much is imagery, symbolism, embellishment, and interpretation. If people start citing passages to me from the bible as though they are based on fact, I begin to think of other things of greater importance to me... such as whether or not George W. Bush has jaundiced toe nails, or what's next in store for Howie Mandell's career...

The texts themselves are subjective interpretations which we interpret subjectively. Then you must take into account how long it took for the verbal accounts to actually be documented in textual form, the basis of the literature itself, etc.

No one person's religious opinion can be verified or discounted, and anyone who can bring themselves to a state of faith is more than welcome to cradle themselves in pleasant (or unpleasant) ideologies at their whim. If someone wants to see God as a malevolent figure, do not allow yourself to take offense for what you should easily perceive as ignorance, just as they should do the same for you. That's my little rant for the day.
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:32 PM   #53
katsumy

I agree!!!!! ... About the issue posted on the thread.
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #54
Infiniitivi

I wish someone would come knocking on my door looking to start an orgy...

I don't really know if there is a good or evil in the universe. I just always marked it off to someone's view points. What I don't like, however, is when people try to push viewpoints off on you. Saying that you both worship a common evil, or that you don't belong to this church so your evil.

But it does piss me off when teens try to get attenion by dragging Lucifer/Satan's name around like a pet. Do they think He/She/It really even gives a damn about them?
Infiniitivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 AM   #55
Godslayer Jillian

Hear, hear!
I have several friends (well, not friends. more like acknowledgementes) that are like that. One of them writes 666 wherever he can just because "it's cool".
The most idiotic of them is always wearing the Anarchy sign, and forget about those who don't know what anarchy really means, HE THINKS IT MEANS ANTICHRIST for Erebos' sake
And one of them has seriously sacrificed little pets. I hat that guy. I have worked so hard to give satanists a good name, and this guy comes ruining it all. He doesn't even know who LaVey is.
Almost as terrible as this last guy, is a very christian guy in my school. He's cool and all, but when he asked me what religion am I (everyone knows I'm not christian) of course I was not going to say satanist, so I said buddhist, but then I learned something I didn't know about him, he thinks buddhism is another way of satanism!!!! (you know, the whole thing of "if you're not for god, then you're for satan)

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #56
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Hear, hear!
I have several friends (well, not friends. more like acknowledgementes) that are like that. One of them writes 666 wherever he can just because "it's cool".
The most idiotic of them is always wearing the Anarchy sign, and forget about those who don't know what anarchy really means, HE THINKS IT MEANS ANTICHRIST for Erebos' sake
And one of them has seriously sacrificed little pets. I hat that guy. I have worked so hard to give satanists a good name, and this guy comes ruining it all. He doesn't even know who LaVey is.
Almost as terrible as this last guy, is a very christian guy in my school. He's cool and all, but when he asked me what religion am I (everyone knows I'm not christian) of course I was not going to say satanist, so I said buddhist, but then I learned something I didn't know about him, he thinks buddhism is another way of satanism!!!! (you know, the whole thing of "if you're not for god, then you're for satan)
Did you know that when serial killers develop one of the first things they do is kill small animals? If I were you I would narc on that person who is doing that because it's obvious that they have some mental problems that are not going to get better over time.Plus it's just plain sick killing animals. I would have told the authorities about him already if I knew him.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #57
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, problem is I don't know where he lives. Or his name if you come to think about it. I rather just answer his question if he adresses to me and move along.
But I most definitely do something about it

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #58
Godslayer Jillian

pardon that double message, I messed up

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-30-2005, 01:13 PM   #59
edible_eye

got ya covered, godslayer. it's gone.

yay! i got to a moderator thingy.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:12 PM   #60
angleangel_doom

He doesn't?!
angleangel_doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:13 PM   #61
angleangel_doom

Oops. Ignore that, like I know you people will.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:23 PM   #62
angleangel_doom

Oh, and yes, our school has so called "satanists" also. Pssh, "rebellious" teenagers. I am a teenager, but I have a rather firm grip on some sense of reality.
We have a whole group of them that run about like rats chanting, PDAing about and screaming at one another with the scent of cigarettes, booze, MJ and no shower for 20 days. They wear pentagrams and dye their hair black but do it so the blonde or brown roots are showing and it fades rather fast. Eww. There is a right and wrong way to do black and they are wrong.
I know, right?
They act as if their lives are so horrible and wreched, but most of their parents ae nice people. Since I work at the local Northside store, the only place their is to go for clothes, cleaning supplies, etc. I get to see these "satanists" go through my and my co-workers lines with their parents who smell of shower, food and wear coordinating clothes and nice jewels, most of the time.
Makes me sick, really.
Damn. This race needs to die.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #63
Niels

Well, what can really piss me of, is that most Satanists (or DevilWorshippers or whatever) as well as most Christians think that the pentagram is actually a symbol of Satan. WRONG!!! It came from the pagan nature religions from before chistianity even existed. It's a symbol for Venus, for feminine power and fertility. When the christians came they made that symbol a symbol fore Devil, so that anyone who will ever use it could be accused for herecy and be burned alive...

Unfortunately hardly anyone knows this so the pentagram is still often seen as a sign of satan...
Niels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #64
MrMaelstrom

The pentagran is a 5 pointed star.
The Pentacle is that star within a circle, and that alone changes it's meaning.

The inverted pentagram just means Matter Over Mind (pragmatism), as an opposition to Mind Over Matter (spirituality and magic).
Old 01-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #65
MrMaelstrom

and the Venus hand-mirror is symbolized in the Pentacle as the circle outside the pentagram
Old 01-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #66
Jane13

actually, the whole thing about the Christians using it as a sign for the devil isn't true.... in the early middle ages it was used as a symbol for christianity before the cross became the most widely accepted sign (five points=five wounds of Christ). The inverted pentagram is considered evil for the same reson an upside-down cross would be... over time, of course, things change, yada yada... but I mean, my Granny's denomination of Christianity sees wearing a cross as sacraficial as being sacreligious because it's "Pagan" to do so. I don't have a problem with pagans and I've mentioned my religious beleifs before, so that's definitely not how I feel...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #67
Jane13

That's an interesting question... probably because the cross is the actaul image that is used to represent Christianity and represents it as a whole.... I wish I had an answer for that. Thanks for giving me something to ponder
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-05-2006, 10:05 AM   #68
Bete Noire

I was talking to a girl from my school on MSN, she wanted advice on how to "go goth". I told her just to be herself, and it went form there:
"Her: I can't
Me: Why not?
Her: 'cause i'm not a person
Me: Explain
Her: I feel kind of priveliged somehow by something. It's wierd. Like I'm special to Satan."
I'm not going to go on. The effort of translating the above passage whilst laughing myself into oblivion has taken its toll. I'm going to sleep now. Then maybe I'll read it again and laugh some more.
PS. Guess what. She slits her wrists and worships My chemical romance. For some indefinable reason I wasn't surprised to learn this.....[b]
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #69
Jane13

LMAO That's beautiful, Noire.
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #70
Bete Noire

Thank ye kindly. Tis not often I receive compliments.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #71
Godslayer Jillian

I already hate her. It's obvious she was serious

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #72
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
Thank ye kindly. Tis not often I receive compliments.

AWW!! *hugs*
-Cinema Strange
Old 01-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #73
Bete Noire

Godslayer-"I already hate her. It's obvious she was serious."
She was. Sad isn't it. She also believes she is depressed and claims to get councilling. I found it odd that her parents didn't know about it. She does it all for attention, and thinks she can get boys by making then feel sorry for her. It fails...Miserably
And if she ever decides to join this forum she is probably going to tear my testicles off and feed them to me (or some variation of that)
Old 01-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #74
ThwanCondu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniitivi
What I don't like, however, is when people try to push viewpoints off on you. Saying that you both worship a common evil, or that you don't belong to this church so your evil.

I've heard a lot of people say 'believe what you want, just don't push it on me!' But that never quite fits. The Bible pretty much says 'convert, or kill the mother fuckers11!11!!!'. So that sucks. Because if you want to go by 'believe what you want' then those niggas gots ta believe they HAVE to convert. So they just have to push it on yas, or they may not feel they're following God's will.

And that's why we should burn churches and babies.

The End
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:44 AM   #75
Bathory

There is a huge difference between a real satanist and some retard teen who calls himself a satanist but is really just a devil worshping, immature hypocrite. Read the satanic bible by Anton Szandor LeVey it makes a clear destinction or look at the church of satan website. There is nothing I hate more than people judgeing me as one of them just because I am a satanist.
Bathory is offline   Reply With Quote