Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
LaKeesha

Angry Whiiiiiiine!!! (yes, I'd like some cheese with that whine too!)

I make jewelry.

I also help people make money.

Here is an example:

You own XYZ Accessories on line store.f
XYZ Accessories is putting up a table and the DingBat Local Festival or Kumquats or something like that. This is a big event with exposure and opportunity to sell stuff.
You know me. You have purchased my products that I make and you like them.
You have a table at this hotsie totsie event.
You call me in Florida.
You tell me, "Hey, yeah I would like you and your husband to send me X necklace on your web site and Y necklace and that bracelet and this and that ring...,etc."
We send you our merchandise that you are going to sell at your event.
You sell a necklace. On our website, that particular necklace is only 25.00.
Oh.... but you made out good and sold it to YOUR customer for 60.00.
Now that X necklace is sold, you now sell Y necklace. Then later on in the evening you sell Z bracelet. You mark these items up as well and you send my husband and I what our asking prices were for each of the items you sold at your event.
You pocket the rest.
This is a very good deal that my husband and I have for other vendors.

OK. Now that I explained that.... here is what one individual MAY have done:

"Martha" at "Martha's Accessories" (fake name and company to be fair to this person) has this same deal with Kitty's Jewelry, the home business my husband and I have.

Well, the event has come and gone almost 2 weeks ago and we have not heard anything from Martha. We have not received anything from Martha. She has not written us, e-mailed us or called us at all.

Where is our money or the merchandise we sent Martha???

My husband called Martha. Her telephone is disconnected.
We could write Martha but we don't wish to sound rude if something bad happened to her. Martha is in another state. Martha has 2 children. We don't wish to cause any trouble, but we want our money and or our merchandise.

I am getting peeved. I do not know if I should remove some of the stuff on our site because it is M.I.A. I have not heard from this woman or her husband and I don't know what is going on. My husband wants to contact his lawyer but I told him to wait. This involves quite a bit of money since the jewelry I make is of real gemstones.

I do not know what to do.
LaKeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
DarkHeartedDemoness

If you're using real precious gemstones, and your merchandise has disappeared, you probably want to involve the authorities sooner rather than later.

On a sidenote, it'll be nice to have you around! I'm sure as a jeweler you have a unique perspective on the bad name the new Leo DiCaprio movie is giving diamonds.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
LaKeesha

Yes.

That is what my husband wants to do.
I have now removed the items off of our website so that no one else gets stiffed.
Shame, too. There were little Emily Strange charm necklaces that are no longer available to get ANYplace anymore. The charms from Cosmic Debris are no longer sold. I went onto E Bay to get more of those so that I could make more necklaces. I am getting a lot of requests for those and they've been a good selling item of mine.
Alas, I can by 2 for over 16.00! That is what I sold the necklaces themselves for.
Lord.
See, we sell genuine gemstone jewelry below retail prices so that the average person can get cool stuff. Does not look like that is going to continue after this kind of stuff.

As far as the Leo Whatshisname movie, I have not seen it yet. Sorry. Maybe it's so bad that I wouldn't be sorry? Hmmmm.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #4
DarkHeartedDemoness

Oh, I thought you might disagree with the premise of the movie... But if you're about discount buys, the laws of supply and demand might be on your side.

Basically, a lot of jewelers are predicting that the movie, Blood Diamond, is going to put diamonds in a really negative light and decrease demand. If you're into low prices, though, this could be a good break for you.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:28 AM   #5
LaKeesha

Nah. I am not a "jeweler" per say. I just make stuff and sell it over the internet to pay for medical bills and stuff because I have no health insurance.

It is all beaded stuff, mainly amethyst, rose quarts, freshwater pearls, howlite, hematite, jasper, etc.

Also, I do a lot of custom work.

It just sucks that I had to take all that stuff off of my site because those items were good selling items. A lot of Gothic type people are my main customers.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 AM   #6
LaKeesha

These people DID finally contact me after my husband called (their telephone is now re connected) and left them a message that they had 30 days of which to contact us or he'd take legal action.

I got an e mail and the woman says they'll send back my stuff because they did not sell any of it at the event they were supposed to sell it at.
(poor marketing? Lots of folks sell our stuff and MAKE MONEY for themselves. Odd, it seems.)

Well, now the woman is mad at my husband and accusing him of "spreading rumours about her". Um... my husband stays AWAY from any goth drama and abhors it! We are in Fl. and she says the rumours are coming to her via DC. Uh.... we do not KNOW anyone in DC.

I just don't get it. Looks like if her "friends" are talkin' bout her, she might have did someone else wrong in the past, no?

LORD! I don't need this.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #7
Minyaliel

Breathe.... in..... and breathe... out... relax, and do not let yourself get upset about stupid people, just... breathe.... in.... and out.... *new agey music starts playing behind the relaxing sound of bird song*

I've been listening to too many meditation mp3's lately... Anyway, she's sending it back, right? No need to worry about anything other than getting it back. Let people be stupid, it's not your fault, and getting upset will only make things worse.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #8
LaKeesha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel
Breathe.... in..... and breathe... out... relax, and do not let yourself get upset about stupid people, just... breathe.... in.... and out.... *new agey music starts playing behind the relaxing sound of bird song*

I've been listening to too many meditation mp3's lately... Anyway, she's sending it back, right? No need to worry about anything other than getting it back. Let people be stupid, it's not your fault, and getting upset will only make things worse.

Thank you. I needed that reminder. Seriously. People are just amazing.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:57 AM   #9
Minyaliel

You're welcome
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:03 AM   #10
Kraven de Sade

Just curious, LaKeesha... Why did you allow any of your merchandise to go out without being paid-for first? Or at least compensated for? I may not be knowledgable about how private wares-makers do business, but sending out any merchandise without any compensation whatsoever besides the promise of future payment seems like a bad business practice.
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #11
LaKeesha

Well, yeah.... you have a good point here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven de Sade
Just curious, LaKeesha... Why did you allow any of your merchandise to go out without being paid-for first? Or at least compensated for? I may not be knowledgeable about how private wares-makers do business, but sending out any merchandise without any compensation whatsoever besides the promise of future payment seems like a bad business practice.

YEah. Now, people have to pay first. I trusted some folks before but no more of that action. Sad.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
MollyMac

Simple story- most people suck, and I am going through something similar with my brother.

Those who are overly generous and trusting, representing what can be argued as the finer points of humanity (taking machiavelli out of the scenario) give and give and give, thinking that their simple, kind actions will serve as a lovely example. And it does to others of a like mind.

Damn shame the world is full of pricks who take and take and take. These people do not change.

The givers tend to change, because the world sucks.

Jesus Christ, I hate people most days.