Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
Eclipsing the Son

Black people make terrible vampires.

Lets face it. Blade was shit and Blackula should have pointed that out before it happened. Just look at 30 Days of Night. The black vampire fucks up everything by infecting people. Black vampires just don't have a clue.

Ever had the misfortune of seeing Dracula 3000? I rest my case.

There are many reasons for this. For one thing vampires should not have skin pigmentation. They don't go out in the sun, and they aren't scary. Having a black person walking around in a cape with a Romanian accent is ridiculous.

Visual cases of black people trying to be scary vampires and just looking stupid.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/181/4...4abdd0.jpg?v=0

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/4...9663f3.jpg?v=0

http://www.apollomedia.de/pix/drac3.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...am_blacula.jpg

"WUT UP NIGGA! IMA DRINK YO BLOOD N SHEET!"

You can go ahead and say I'm being racist but black people just don't make good vampires. I don't know why, can't put my finger on it. It simply does not work. It's the same reason the white guy is always the comic relief or getting killed in a street gang movie or why Malibu's Most Wanted was made.

Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
MollyMac

Grace Jones in Vamp? Yes? No?
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Eclipsing the Son

Hell no.

That bitch in Queen of the Damned is another good example.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
Sanguine Mind

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...ats_racist.gif
Sanguine Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
Lets face it. Blade was shit and Blackula should have pointed that out before it happened. Just look at 30 Days of Night. The black vampire fucks up everything by infecting people. Black vampires just don't have a clue.

Ever had the misfortune of seeing Dracula 3000? I rest my case.

There are many reasons for this. For one thing vampires should not have skin pigmentation. They don't go out in the sun, and they aren't scary. Having a black person walking around in a cape with a Romanian accent is ridiculous.

Visual cases of black people trying to be scary vampires and just looking stupid.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/181/4...4abdd0.jpg?v=0

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/4...9663f3.jpg?v=0

http://www.apollomedia.de/pix/drac3.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...am_blacula.jpg

"WUT UP NIGGA! IMA DRINK YO BLOOD N SHEET!"

You can go ahead and say I'm being racist but black people just don't make good vampires. I don't know why, can't put my finger on it. It simply does not work. It's the same reason the white guy is always the comic relief or getting killed in a street gang movie or why Malibu's Most Wanted was made.

I would like to subscribe to your magazine.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #6
Neurasthenis

Truth be told.
Also scientologists make terrible nazis.
Neurasthenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #7
Neurasthenis

How far am I from being able to post links...?
Neurasthenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
Eclipsing the Son

You need 30 posts.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Having a black person walking around in a cape with a Romanian accent is ridiculous.
You worded that wrong. You made it sound as if the cape had the accent instead of the man. Besides, in 2008 having any vampire walking around in a cape and a Romanian accent is ridiculous.

But I see your point. Vampires are traditionally associated with "old world" Europe. OTOH, blacks make some kick ass zombies since that tradition comes from Haiti and when whites blunder into that tradition it usually makes for an equally bad movie. I can simply mention White Zombie and The Serpent and the Rainbow and rest my case. When a good zombie movie has white zombies it must usually ignore most of the real zombie beliefs to account for the zombies. Night of the Living Dead and the sequels are the best examples; they're excellent movies but are only good because they've ignored or rewrote the zombie's origins.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
Eclipsing the Son

Fulci's Zombi series is also excellent. Zombies can be any race. That's a completely different subject.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
You worded that wrong. You made it sound as if the cape had the accent instead of the man. Besides, in 2008 having any vampire walking around in a cape and a Romanian accent is ridiculous.

But I see your point. Vampires are traditionally associated with "old world" Europe. OTOH, blacks make some kick ass zombies since that tradition comes from Haiti and when whites blunder into that tradition it usually makes for an equally bad movie. I can simply mention White Zombie and The Serpent and the Rainbow and rest my case. When a good zombie movie has white zombies it must usually ignore most of the real zombie beliefs to account for the zombies. Night of the Living Dead and the sequels are the best examples; they're excellent movies but are only good because they've ignored or rewrote the zombie's origins.
Thats true, most early zombie flicks were focused around black people and da voodoo, and the white people who inevitably had to defeat them. Curious though is that the one behind it all was usually white, like Bela Lugosi in White Zombie or whatisname in King Of The Zombies.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Thats true, most early zombie flicks were focused around black people and da voodoo, and the white people who inevitably had to defeat them. Curious though is that the one behind it all was usually white, like Bela Lugosi in White Zombie or whatisname in King Of The Zombies.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-TTrfHmBx88

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cghfHw...eature=related
Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #13
Saya

I have a plethora of video of white people doing shit too dude, doesn't mean whites are evil. Done being a nazi now?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #14
MollyMac

He'll be done when his testicles descend.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
$haDe

Oh no... Romania, again.

Vlad, the impaler, might not even lived in Romania.

It's southern part and he's just became famous out of Bram Stoker's novel.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #16
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Oh no... Romania, again.

You're an uneducated emo nip transvestite.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #17
$haDe

Quote:
You're an uneducated emo nip transvestite.
Prove that I was wrong.

Stop acting like a little kid.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #18
Eclipsing the Son

Stop looking like a little girl.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #19
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Stop looking like a little girl.
You're an idiot.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #20
Sir. Helpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
Oh no... Romania, again.

Southern Romania is still Romania, you dimwit emonip.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #21
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir. Helpmann
Southern Romania is still Romania, you dimwit emonip.
It was at least a century, ago.

First, It's scientist's prediction.

Second, Vlad's people would later be known as Gypsy.

Last, You're so stupid that I have to point the above statements.

I did my homework.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #22
Chee

Racism is bad. (Just squeezing the freaking point out of this freaking thread).

A vampire is anyone who has been tunred into a Vamp while sucking the blood of the vampire sucking your blood at the same time, or so I used to think when I was in the third grade. Well, anyway, I don't think it's bad at all, and Blade isn't exactly a bad show, I used to watch it because they stopped broadcasting Angel. Bleh.

Maybe you somehow upset black people, but hey, you made a point!
Chee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 AM   #23
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee
Maybe you somehow upset black people, but hey, you made a point!
Upset ?

Nope.

Racist ?

Exactly!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #24
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Yeah, white people attacked by black zombies who are ultimately driven by white zombie masters....you could interpret that a couple different ways I'm sure and piss off either side, depending on which interpretation you favored. Have you ever read Wade Davis's Serpent and the Rainbow, the true story that the inferior movie was based upon? In the early 1980s Davis found connections between zombie beliefs and a slavery ring in Haiti. Slavers were kidnapping, drugging and brainwashing local people and telling them they were zombies and then selling them into slavery. Fuckin' weird but true. I also remember seeing the story on 60 Minutes when it broke. Now I know where Walmart gets its employees.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #25
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
Yeah, white people attacked by black zombies who are ultimately driven by white zombie masters....you could interpret that a couple different ways I'm sure and piss off either side, depending on which interpretation you favored. Have you ever read Wade Davis's Serpent and the Rainbow, the true story that the inferior movie was based upon? In the early 1980s Davis found connections between zombie beliefs and a slavery ring in Haiti. Slavers were kidnapping, drugging and brainwashing local people and telling them they were zombies and then selling them into slavery. Fuckin' weird but true. I also remember seeing the story on 60 Minutes when it broke. Now I know where Walmart gets its employees.
I haven't read it (but now you've intrigued me, I'll check my local bookstore), but I do remember reading that voodoo "sorcerers" really did drug people. I remember one story about a man who's brother paid a sorcerer to get rid of him, so he was poisoned, was buried alive, and then dug up and made to work, he only got away when he collapsed in a field and missed his daily druggings. They had a picture in the book I was reading of him sitting next to his own grave.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the old zombie flicks were racist (I Eat Your Skin I actually did get disgusted with), at least to some degree, some blantantly so, others just a product of the times. Whats funny is that King Of The Zombies was the first horror film I saw where the black guy actually lived.