Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #7326
Saya

I had a cat that had the flu, and he had to get over it quick as he had an accident with a car and was recovering, so we got a vaporizer to help him out.

Man, when I woke up the next morning I never breathed so clearly in my life.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #7327
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I'll look into one of those, I'd just never heard of them before.
Seconding the neti pot. A friend gave me one last time I was sick, it's awesome.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #7328
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
What happened?
Eh, It's a long story and one I don't want to put up on the internet. Let's just say after you have sugery that when they cut through the nerves, the connections are severed, so you don't feel anything in that area, ever again.

That's what sucks. Totally and completely. And if I was a wallower, I'd want to wallow in self-pity for a very long time over this, because it's like taking your all time favourite thing in the entire world and then saying you can never do it again.

MIssC We have a product over here called Fess - it's a saline solution that I used when I was pregnant with nasal conjestion. Bit like a neti pot but a lot more socially acceptable if you need to do it in a public bathroom.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #7329
Valhalla

For some reason healthy whole grain food just made me sick, and the only thing that made me feel better was sugary food.

Hmm.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #7330
Saya

Maybe its all the fiber?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #7331
MissCheyenne

Still no weight loss even after cutting my calroie intake as much as possible without it making me ill.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #7332
Solumina

Ugh I hate people sometimes. Our pool is currently closed as there is a thunderstorm, naturally a big family came up less than 5 minutes after we closed it, when informed that the pool is closed and why they felt the need to inform me that there is no thunder or lightning. I'm inside and I can hear it but I'm not allowed to rudely tell them to get their hearing checked so I have to be nice and do the silly smile and say "even if it is just on the horizon and most people wouldn't notice it we still have to close down". So now they have decided to wait out the storm. The storm that is moving into the area. Slowly. We have less than two hours before we close, I guarantee that we will not be reopening and that the rain they don't want to go out in is only going to be worse when we close, and security doesn't have to be nice when they kick these people's sorry asses out.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #7333
Haejin

Bad stuff is happening in my life. Almost thought i was going to have to call the cops. Sorry i'm even posting this without explaining stuff... i'm just a mess right now and trying to figure stuff out. It's mostly my fault though cuz I let it happen.
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #7334
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haejin View Post
Bad stuff is happening in my life. Almost thought i was going to have to call the cops. Sorry i'm even posting this without explaining stuff... i'm just a mess right now and trying to figure stuff out. It's mostly my fault though cuz I let it happen.
D: If its something criminal happening, you're really not at fault for what other people do.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #7335
Haejin

are u on facebook? i need to talk to someone
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #7336
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
For some reason healthy whole grain food just made me sick, and the only thing that made me feel better was sugary food.

Hmm.
Sorry to hear that. Can be the type of fibre you're having.

A gf had a similar issue. She went to weight watchers, lost a stack of weight, but became sick and it was because she was eating right.

Does anyone else in the family (mother, sisters, aunts) have any of these issues?

Can you get check out by the doctor?

What sort of sick were you feeling? Was it your body getting used to non sugary stuff?

Jin sorry to hear you are going thru a bad patch.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #7337
Elystan

Since I have nobody else to complain to you'll have to hear it.

Urrrgh oh god I hate myself
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #7338
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
Still no weight loss even after cutting my calroie intake as much as possible without it making me ill.
Same here Miss C. Though in your case it's probably all the medication you have to take ,fucking around with your hormones I'd say. If so I can't even begin to imagine how annoying and disheartening it must be.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #7339
MissCheyenne

People keep telling me it can't possibly be my medication but I don't believe them. I was a perfectly reasonable size 10 before I started it and haven't changed what I eat or how I exercise since going on it. The only thing different is the medication so I really believe it's doing something. Sadly, I have to take it otherwise I'm sick all the time and just can't function. If I didn't need it, I'd stop it tomorrow.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #7340
Angelic Dissonance2

Country music is murder. MURDER, and it needs to be made illegal immediately.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #7341
Solumina

Jin are thing any better today?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #7342
Murder.Of.Crows

I haven't had a cigarette in a while and I feel like I want to burn the world. Peoples voices are fucking annoying and condescending. Fuck, I don't want to do YOUR damn housework, quit bitching and do it your fucking self.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #7343
Haejin

Sol thanks for asking. Just hit a rough patch yesterday with the bf. but today is def. better.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #7344
Valhalla

^ Glad to hear today is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
Maybe its all the fiber?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Sorry to hear that. Can be the type of fibre you're having.

A gf had a similar issue. She went to weight watchers, lost a stack of weight, but became sick and it was because she was eating right.

Does anyone else in the family (mother, sisters, aunts) have any of these issues?

Can you get check out by the doctor?

What sort of sick were you feeling? Was it your body getting used to non sugary stuff?

Jin sorry to hear you are going thru a bad patch.
I have no idea why, but there was a lot of fiber. Brown rice + tofu + a bunch of vegetables in a brown pita shell.

It was similar to cramps mixed with a wave of lethargy (but I'm not on my period, and there was none of the results of an upset stomach that come with my period cramps), and a ridiculous craving for sugar. So I ate some "yogurt" covered pretzels and my body fixed itself.

I ate leftovers of the rice mixture this morning (... it was good, okay? And I wasn't sureee it was what made me sick) and felt okay, so it was hopefully a one off thing.

Weird though.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #7345
Saya

My brother was like that the first time he had my black bean burgers. To speak nothing of the horror of my first week as a vegan D:
Old 05-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #7346
Solumina

It could be that your body has difficulty processing gluten or even specific grains, not necessarily an intolerance but just something where large quantities could make things a little unhappy. When you had leftovers did you have as much as you did before?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #7347
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
^ Glad to hear today is better.

I have no idea why, but there was a lot of fiber. Brown rice + tofu + a bunch of vegetables in a brown pita shell.

It was similar to cramps mixed with a wave of lethargy (but I'm not on my period, and there was none of the results of an upset stomach that come with my period cramps), and a ridiculous craving for sugar. So I ate some "yogurt" covered pretzels and my body fixed itself.

I ate leftovers of the rice mixture this morning (... it was good, okay? And I wasn't sureee it was what made me sick) and felt okay, so it was hopefully a one off thing.

Weird though.
Interesting. Could have just been a once off thing - if your body isn't used to that much fibre it could have just been having conniptions. Sounds like you just put your body into a tailspin.

Maybe just watch out next time you eat something high in fibre and see if you get the same reaction.

Sounds like your body was just saying "Vahalla what the heck are you doing to me? Making me eat this healthy stuff for a change? I need some sugars now!"

MissC Sorry to hear about the meds...screw dropping dress sizes, just go for fit and healthy.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #7348
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Grr, now my grandmother hates me just because I refuse to follow that damn old moronic policy of "don't talk back to your parents". I'm just fucking expected to respect my mother unquestioningly while she is free to disrespect me. Even though my grandmother and mother don't respect each other at all, hell half the time I'm stuck being the middle man in their arguments because my mother doesn't want to talk directly to my grandmother, so I'm stuck doing the whole "tell them that I said yada yada". Even though far too often I hear my grandmother doing the damn fucking asshole thing of threatening to take away my mother's inheritance when she doesn't do things my grandmother's way.

Well fucking excuse me for refusing to be the sort of person who just hates someone, rather than confronting the person and trying to solve the fucking problem. Excuse me for getting pissed off when my own mother refuses to listen to me.

With that she's undoubtedly going to rally my mother's side of the family against me, so hey there goes another group of people I care about, one fucking step closer to being a damn hermit. Makes me feel like the only way I can make everyone happy is if I blow my fucking brains out in front of everyone, since nobody wants to be around me while I'm still alive.

Seems like the more I give a damn about everyone, the less they want me around. They just tell me to go away, or hang up on me. Seems like I have two options, to be a hermit, and/or die.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #7349
Fruitbat

Ren darling, I want you around and I'm not blowing smoke up your ass.

Hey you and me, we can have nearby caves and be hermits together. :-D We can invite Timeless over for sword fish battles.

Stay strong dude.

Fuckin' families hey?

Old 05-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #7350
Solumina

When a friend says to you "Don't let me be alone with Will because I will do unspeakable things that will make me hate myself in the morning" the proper thing to do is to not let that friend be alone with Will. The incorrect thing to do is fall asleep on the futon, complain about said friend and Will talking while you are trying to sleep and telling them to take their conversation into the other room and "close the fucking door", especially when the only room with a door is the bedroom.

Thank god I'm even more of a fucking control freak when I'm drunk and Will is a decent enough guy that neither of us allowed anything besides cuddles to happen.
-Carbon Leaf