Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Stabby

Neighbors freak out over autistic boy

http://www.theautismnews.com/2009/04...-year-old-boy/

SAN DIEGO — Spencer Trussle likes to play and ride his bike.

“I’m 4 years old,” he said, “and I have a sister named Olivia, and I ride my bike all day long.”

He lives in a piece of suburbia that seems picturesque: the Venzano development in San Marcos. His parents, Gary and Marla Trussle, moved the family here five months ago.

“I thought it would be good for the children,” Marla Trussle explained.

But instead of being welcomed, the Trussle family has been under attack, they said, by neighbors. The accusations against them have been wild, including that 4-year-old Spencer “might come out with a firearm at anytime.”

“I thought they had lost their minds,” said Marla Trussle.

They are neighbors Sarah Fisher, Danielle Harway and Kelly Plaster. All three filed court papers asking that Spencer, his sister Olivia, and mom and dad be restricted to their own home and driveway.

“There was nothing I had done, my husband had done, my daughter had done, or I had done that warranted that response,” said Trussle.

In court papers, Sarah Fisher wrote that, “Gary Trussle is a very violent, unstable and unpredictable man.” Daniele Harway said, “He looked to be on drugs.” And Kelly Plaster added, “I’m concerned that Gary or his son will gain access to Gary’s firearms.”

Gary Trussle responded, “There was no merit in any of their allegations.”

He said the trouble can be linked to a diagnosis of autism when their son was 18 months old.

“It’s like a part of me died that day,” Spencer’s mother said. The neighbors knew about Spencer’s autism, that he might throw occasional tantrums, but he isn’t violent.

The Trussles said there were no issues until Gary Trussle confronted another father on the cul de sac whose son was picking on Spencer.

It didn’t go well.

Sarah Fisher reported the Trussles to Child Protective Services. She called Gary Trussle’s employer, Continental Airlines, where he’s a captain. She also made a call to 911, claiming he couldn’t control his young children.

But the San Diego sheriff’s deputy who responded declined to write a report. CPS dropped the case as unsubstantiated, and Continental Airlines stood by their longtime employee.

“I’m offended that someone would try to involve my employment, my profession in this matter,” Gary said.

He has one firearm that’s locked up. It was issued to him by the Department of Homeland Security for his job. He’s a former lieutenant colonel in the Marines, who served his country for 25 years.

I-Team reporter Lauren Reynolds approached the three neighbors to get their side of the story. Plaster and Harway darted into a house. Sarah Fisher stayed to speak with Reynolds, but said, “No thank you” when asked if she wanted to comment.

“It’s a sad story,” said Dr. Kathie Sweeten, who runs the Center for Autism Research, Evaluation and Service. She said autism can be devastating both emotionally and financially.

“And when you’re trying to live your everyday life and come across people who are not kind to you, it’s hard,” said Sweeten.

The neighbors’ accusations and court filings could have ruined the Trussles, but a San Diego Superior Court Judge tossed them all out. In addition, the neighbors have been ordered to reimburse the Trussle’s legal fees, which top $12,000.

Source: http://www.10news.com/news/19306624/detail.html

WTF?
Stabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
The neighbors’ accusations and court filings could have ruined the Trussles, but a San Diego Superior Court Judge tossed them all out. In addition, the neighbors have been ordered to reimburse the Trussle’s legal fees, which top $12,000.
Serves those cunts right.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
Some neighbors are just rude, but these go on my worst neighbors list.
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Tam Li Hua

I agree with Lady_Alice. That poor family!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Onyx

And I bet these same neighbours were all behind tort "reform".
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Fucking hell. I know it wouldn't be good for the autistic steriotype but I really want to kick the neighbors' asses. How dare anyone try to do that to anybody, even sex offenders have more freedoms than that.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #7
Still Jack

God, some people are ignorant twats...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
Anima_Severem

AUGH.

Thank you, Fisher family, for giving me one more reason to rage.

I hate this shit. I hate it when they treat autistic people like we're aliens, animals, or insane.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #9
Moonlightballet

My mom has neighbors from Orange County CA and when my parents put in a fire pit they autoatically assumed that my (responsible) teen brother was going to have a toga party with a keg. They got the police involved and everything. It was so rediculous, I wanted to shoot something.
Moonlightballet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
Renatus

What idiots, especialy if they want to live here in Wisconsin. Have they frozen to death yet?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 07-16-2009, 01:10 AM   #11
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima_Severem View Post
AUGH.

I hate this shit. I hate it when they treat autistic people like we're ... animals...
We're all animals, baby, some just won't admit it.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:36 AM   #12
WarlockSix

Gosh, what awful, affected, disgusting neighbours!

I have a close relative with autism, and he's certainly not violent, as quite a kind and affectionate boy despite his disability.

I find prejudice against the disabled disgusting, as discriminating against someone with a mental disability is equal to kicking out the crutches of a cripple, or tripping up a blind man.
WarlockSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockSix View Post
Gosh, what awful, affected, disgusting neighbours!

I have a close relative with autism, and he's certainly not violent, as quite a kind and affectionate boy despite his disability.

I find prejudice against the disabled disgusting, as discriminating against someone with a mental disability is equal to kicking out the crutches of a cripple, or tripping up a blind man.
Actually the autistic community doesn't believe autism is necesserily a disadvantage actually. There are plenty of historic figures that made a huge difference in the world, all the while being autistic.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:03 AM   #14
Anarasha

.... That's just horrible...
I myself have a "disability" in the spectrum of autism, and I'm a freckin' pacifist!
Autistic people being violent. In my time in the "system", I thought I'd heard them all. But this one is fucking new...
What the fuck is up with those people? They should fucking be made pay a 7-digit number to that poor family, just to pwn their faces so they would be poor. Then they could live in skid row, their biggest problem there wouldn't be an innocent child with a diagnosis.
I, being a pacifist, actually feel like strangling them...
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #15
Renatus

Actually I looked up the neighborhood that those people lived in and judging on the houses there $1,000,000 wouldn't be enough to throw them in the poor house.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #16
GoblinQueen

That is fucking disguisting.
It really is.
I don't understand how people can act like that. I don't understand how people can actually have the balls to do stuff like that.
GoblinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Solumina

Hate is a great motivating force, it can cause people to do just about anything with little to no remorse.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #18
Lord Whiskerton

Those neighbors are quite ignorant. They should have done some research.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #19
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightballet View Post
My mom has neighbors from Orange County CA and when my parents put in a fire pit they autoatically assumed that my (responsible) teen brother was going to have a toga party with a keg. They got the police involved and everything. It was so rediculous, I wanted to shoot something.
That's just odd. I live in OC, and people around here are more likely to throw such a party than worry about it.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote