Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
alchemie

Angry The FDA Banning of Clove Cigarettes

Help stop the ban!

America wants to stop a person's right to choose once again by banning flavored cigarettes but my main concern is the only kind that I smoke, which are clove cigarettes. This is supposed to go into effect on September 1, 2009 here in the USA. There has been a lot of talk about how it "lures" under age kids to smoking. However, I, myself, did not smoke until I was 25 years old, and it has always been only clove cigarettes. The main point of this matter though is the fact that the government continually keeps trying to take our rights away. So cloves are next, then so will be regular cigarettes too more than likely.

Please take a second to sign the petition even if you don't smoke, and pass the info along....

http://www.experienceproject.com/pet...es/-1694487116

Thanks for your help!
alchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #2
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Online petitions = useless

We already have a thread for this in Politics, go there.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
ArchLich

Lol, this is funny. Ok, #1 the ability to use tobacco isnt a right in the constitution, therefore they are taking no right away from you. #2, trust me, they will never ban all forms of smoking tobacco, our econemy is too dependant on it. #3 you started smoking at 25? Are you that retarded? And finally, I'm a smoker too(I started at 8 years of age, dumbest mistake of my life), I dont smoke flavored tobacco, however I feel your pain. But crying about it on an internet forum like this(especially considering that you're making no valid points) is a useless waste of your time.
ArchLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Not Tha Duckman

Thumbs up

They're taking away peoples rights to look like a pretentious fucknut.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:31 AM   #5
alchemie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey View Post
Online petitions = useless

We already have a thread for this in Politics, go there.
Ok, thanks.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
alchemie

Talking Thanks for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLich View Post
Lol, this is funny. Ok, #1 the ability to use tobacco isnt a right in the constitution, therefore they are taking no right away from you. #2, trust me, they will never ban all forms of smoking tobacco, our econemy is too dependant on it. #3 you started smoking at 25? Are you that retarded? And finally, I'm a smoker too(I started at 8 years of age, dumbest mistake of my life), I dont smoke flavored tobacco, however I feel your pain. But crying about it on an internet forum like this(especially considering that you're making no valid points) is a useless waste of your time.
Wow. Do you always make people not like you when you first talk to them? I only posted this just in case somebody who smoked them didn't know. And the only thing I am a retard about is not looking at the Politics board first. As far as valid points go, I could go on and on but sorry, I only do that when I review horror movies professionally. Thanks for your reply though. Have a nice day!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #7
Not Tha Duckman

Thumbs down

My mistake, you're a pretentious fucknut regardless.
Not Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
Godslayer Jillian

ArchLich says that he started smoking when he was 8 and that's dumb. But he also says this guy who started smoking at age 25 is retarded.
Why doesn't it surprise me to hear something that fucking stupid?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #9
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Anyone else got an image of Babylich choking on a ciggie, crying out between sobs; "Am I cool now!?"
Old 08-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
MissCheyenne

Why would you even make a point of saying you started smoking at age eight anyway? It hardly makes a person look big or clever in anyway. And the imagery of ArchLich choking on a ciggie in an attempt to be cool is beautiful. Just beautiful.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
ArchLich

Wtf? Why would I think I'm cool for smoking at 8? Yes back then I was young and stupid, therefore I thought it was "the shit". However, at 25 years of age you should have enough fucking common sense not to pick up an oblivious habit like that, atleast being young and stupid is an excuse. That was my point.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:33 AM   #12
Onyx

Quote:
Umm, they needed a constitutional amendment when they introduced prohibition of alcohol. Sounds like we had a right somewhere in there that made just banning alcohol a violation of a person's rights. To bad they just did an end run around the Constitution when they did the same with drugs. Also, read the Ninth Amendment to the Constitution which states: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." To translate, just because a right isn't specificity outlined in the Constitution doesn't mean it doesn't exist. To bad, like you, our government seems to have forgotten all about the Ninth and now, unless something is outright stated in the Constitution as a right, it doesn't exist.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:02 AM   #13
ArchLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
Umm, they needed a constitutional amendment when they introduced prohibition of alcohol. Sounds like we had a right somewhere in there that made just banning alcohol a violation of a person's rights. To bad they just did an end run around the Constitution when they did the same with drugs. Also, read the Ninth Amendment to the Constitution which states: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." To translate, just because a right isn't specificity outlined in the Constitution doesn't mean it doesn't exist. To bad, like you, our government seems to have forgotten all about the Ninth and now, unless something is outright stated in the Constitution as a right, it doesn't exist.
While I agree to some extent, I must remind you that political science is quite a technical theory. Assumption is so relative that it is nearly impossible to regulate in today's society. Technically, if we followed the ninth to the tee, we would condone virtually anything as a right(unless it's directly specified as something which is outlawed in the constitution itself). For example(and this may sound absurd, yet it would technically be correct), If the majority of the people decided **** was a humane right, then **** would be accepted as a right. Now, that doesn't sound like an american right, does it? So goes the technicalities and loops in democracy(which the government is working tirelessly to do away with).

edit: the censored words are a four letter word meaning "forceful sex", beginning with the letter R.

Last edited by ArchLich; 08-09-2009 at 03:04 AM. Reason: censoring?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:47 AM   #14
Onyx

Quote:
While I agree to some extent, I must remind you that political science is quite a technical theory. Assumption is so relative that it is nearly impossible to regulate in today's society. Technically, if we followed the ninth to the tee, we would condone virtually anything as a right(unless it's directly specified as something which is outlawed in the constitution itself). For example(and this may sound absurd, yet it would technically be correct), If the majority of the people decided **** was a humane right, then **** would be accepted as a right. Now, that doesn't sound like an american right, does it? So goes the technicalities and loops in democracy(which the government is working tirelessly to do away with).

edit: the censored words are a four letter word meaning "forceful sex", beginning with the letter R.
That's utter nonsense. Forceful sex is a violation of the rights of the person being forced into intercourse against their will. As for a majority being able to decide it is a right to force sexual intercourse, rights aren't something handed out by the majority. A right is something allowed a person even if the majority disagree with the way it is being exercised.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #15
DRM

It's a bummer there banning them, I tried one for the first time last night and it was pretty good tasting, better tasting then the ones I normally smoke.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #16
MissCheyenne

I've never tried one, in fact, I've never even seen one. Tried plenty of flavoured tobaccos though. Cherry and vanilla flavours mixed being the nicest I've tried so far.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #17
DRM

Oh, I've had black, I have no idea what that flavor is.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
Still Jack

I don't think cloves are that nice anyway.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #19
DepthsofSpace

I don't smoke, but I'm going to buy a bunch of them this next week, just to have.

Stupid health nuts..

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #20
Duane

What do you think Frank Zappa would say about this?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #21
He Strikes the Dark Bell

Can you still flavor them yourself, or will they come for you if you do that too?
He Strikes the Dark Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #22
Solumina

It is a ban on the sales so if you flavored them yourself then there shouldn't be a problem, just like you would be fine getting flavored tobacco and rolling cigarettes yourself as it is a ban on the sale of flavored cigarettes and not a ban on flavored tobacco products.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane View Post
What do you think Frank Zappa would say about this?
Zappa: Tobacco is my favourite vegetable.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #24
Asocalisten

I think Clove cigarettes have already been banned in Denmark. But I might be mistaken. I can't find them anymore. So I just order them on the internet.
I like looking like a pretentious fucknut.
Asocalisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #25
Still Jack

Clove cigarettes are still shit. Unfiltered FTW.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote