Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 AM   #1
roserougesang

Strange, Scary and Odd Dreams

Does anyone here have very confusing dreams, not always in content and meaning but more in location? Whenever I have dreams, which isn't every night but still often, the area I'm in always seems to be something Salvador Dali or some othersurrealist would have painted. Anyone else have odd dreams?
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:05 AM   #2
Queenofdarkness57

I used to have dreams in tropical forests guess with whom? * drum rolls* TARZAN! That's pretty odd.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:07 AM   #3
succubus,queenofvampires

I rarely have dreams but once when I was young, I had a REALLY weird dream. I dreamt that Armageddon took place,and that my friends and I were crucified in our school, and people were torturing us,and there was fire around us,and it was raining....But then,Jesus came and saved us.(I think)

I was about 8 or 9 when I dreamt this, but I don't know why I never forgot it.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:28 AM   #4
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
I rarely have dreams
Everyone dreams every night. You just don't remember them.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:39 AM   #5
succubus,queenofvampires

Yeah, I know. I meant to say that I rarely remember my dreams.
I was kind of sleepy when I wrote this.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:03 AM   #6
pitseleh

I don't dream so much about surrealist landscapes. Think that happened more often when I was a kid.

Usually now, I'm in some specific city, here or abroad, that is part realistic, part a confusing and fragmented construct of other places and skewed perspectives. Kinda like a gritty film noir cityscape, a lot of the time. Often I'm with my friends, or other people, in some strange situation. Like, the other day I dreamt we were Palestinian kids being shot at by Israeli troops... And, also recently, I dreamt I shared a joint and had profound conversation (can't remember it all, though!) with Antony (as in ... & the Johnsons).

I liked that. At least there were no cops... I hate dreaming about cops.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:19 AM   #7
Shi'ark

I keep having this dream where I’m being eaten alive. Not very pleasant, but the thing is I’m not being eaten by a T-Rex or big monster or anything that’s expected. No. I’m attacked by a big thing with pick fur…. Did I mention that is have big teeth.

It not frightening but I just think that that’s a little strange. Some times even funny.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #8
Saya

I had a dream a little while ago that I was kidnapped and placed in a room with other people, like in Saw, and my leg was shackled to the floor, and I had a hand saw nearby. I used it to saw through my chain and once freed, I helped save the other people, Morgan Freeman being one of them. When we escaped, Morgan Freeman adopted me, and the guy who kidnapped us was really impressed with me and sent me a lot of money. I can't remember exactly what happened after that, but it involved Meatloaf falling in love with me and singing "I'd Do Anything For Love". I rejected him, however, as he is much older than I.

I have really funny dreams.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:56 AM   #9
cinaria

I keep having a recurring dream when I actually do sleep. I am in a field next to a giant oak tree. The tree reaches out and grabs me and then I wake up.

Weird, huh?

It isn't scary but it is a bit unnerving.
cinaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:01 AM   #10
Shi'ark

Scary dreams are the ones you have when you work out that your in a dream. A lode more crazy shit then happens. You try to wake up but can’t for a little while.

I had a few of those when I was young. Anyone ells?
Old 03-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #11
Saya

I did! I'd be screaming in my head for me to wake up.

Know whats really creepy? Anyone have The Hag? I think its also called "sleep paralysis", when it seems like you're awake lying in bed, but you can't move, and you see things sometimes, most commonly an old woman who sits on your chest. I have them occasionally, but luckly I haven't seen anything yet.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I did! I'd be screaming in my head for me to wake up.

Know whats really creepy? Anyone have The Hag? I think its also called "sleep paralysis", when it seems like you're awake lying in bed, but you can't move, and you see things sometimes, most commonly an old woman who sits on your chest. I have them occasionally, but luckly I haven't seen anything yet.
Yes I did once, and I thought for a second some thing stupid like I was being abducted, or I was about to die. Yes its scary.

No “The Hag” though I just couldn’t move an till I settled down.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shi'ark
Scary dreams are the ones you have when you work out that your in a dream. A lode more crazy shit then happens. You try to wake up but can’t for a little while.

I had a few of those when I was young. Anyone ells?
I've had those lucid experiences a few times, the last one not too long ago. I find that, when awake in a dream, you can make things happen.

True story: Once, I was maybe 14, I woke up in a dream. Whoa. And what was the first idea in my 14 year old brain? Have sex. So I ring the doorbell of the house where a cute girl my age lived (I was in my neighbourhood). She opens the door. No way... she's a lot younger than in reality! My brain working surprisingly well, I remember another girl I know, who lives not too far away. "I need a motorcycle to get there", I think. Suddenly, I have one! Driving to her house goes really fast, over hills, at times flying, and I reach her door feeling like I'm about to wake up. She opens it, and looks beautiful, everything as it should be. Of course, this is where the dream ends.

I remember this pretty well, because it was the first time I woke up in a dream. I've heard it's an ability you can train, to a degree, but I could never be bothered with that...
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #14
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
I've had those lucid experiences a few times, the last one not too long ago. I find that, when awake in a dream, you can make things happen.

True story: Once, I was maybe 14, I woke up in a dream. Whoa. And what was the first idea in my 14 year old brain? Have sex. So I ring the doorbell of the house where a cute girl my age lived (I was in my neighbourhood). She opens the door. No way... she's a lot younger than in reality! My brain working surprisingly well, I remember another girl I know, who lives not too far away. "I need a motorcycle to get there", I think. Suddenly, I have one! Driving to her house goes really fast, over hills, at times flying, and I reach her door feeling like I'm about to wake up. She opens it, and looks beautiful, everything as it should be. Of course, this is where the dream ends.

I remember this pretty well, because it was the first time I woke up in a dream. I've heard it's an ability you can train, to a degree, but I could never be bothered with that...
Lucid dreaming is fun, so I’m told.

I never had one. great isn’t it, I get eaten alive but no sexy girls under my spell. I’ll just have to wait and till I’m a session musician for that.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #15
angel011

Yup, lucid dreaming is fun. Some people think you need some technical equipment (something with a laser, I think) in order to learn to have lucid dreams at will, but that's not true. You need only one piece of equipment -- your mind.

Statistically, people with lucid dreams most often choose to dream about sex or flying.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #16
angel011

Quote:
Happened to me several times, but I've only seen something once. Well, didn't really see it, more like felt it and knew what it was -- a big cat. I could feel it breathing and all. The experience is usually creepy, but that time with the cat wasn't scary at all, it was just a surprise, and a pleasant one. I guess it was pleasant because I really like cats.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #17
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel011
Happened to me several times, but I've only seen something once. Well, didn't really see it, more like felt it and knew what it was -- a big cat. I could feel it breathing and all. The experience is usually creepy, but that time with the cat wasn't scary at all, it was just a surprise, and a pleasant one. I guess it was pleasant because I really like cats.
I never see anything either, but its kinda uncomfortable not being able to move at all. My roommate gets it all the time, though, and she sees the hag and demon eyes.

By the way, the kitty in your avatar is adorable ^_^
Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 AM   #18
angel011

Quote:
By the way, the kitty in your avatar is adorable ^_^
Thanks! *purring*
Old 03-27-2006, 09:54 PM   #19
roserougesang

I need an avatar,I've just been lazy about it XP
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:58 AM   #20
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
Everyone dreams every night. You just don't remember them.

Not everyone. I have issues reaching that perticular stage of REM some nights, call it light insomnia if you will. But, truth of the matter.. I go as deep as the second stage and never fall deeper.. I blame this on a screwed sleep schedule.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:53 AM   #21
4mytribe

I had a dream that my cat jumped in a pool and I had to save it and give it mouth to mouth recusitation. Not sure what happened after that. And then this morning a weighter asked me if I wanted Pepsi or Coke and I said:, "No thanks I've seen the ocean" and then woke up

I like the dreams where I'm composing a song and I wake up in time to remember it. Those are usually really good and fun. Kinda like working in your sleep.
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #22
DirtyBlonde

Lately I've been having dreams where I'm traveling to exotic places on a whim, and I run into famous people. The last night I dreamt I traveled to India where I set up a spy camera in a really large hotel to catch Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt have sex--which is weird because I could care less about their intimate life... or their life in general for that matter. I went into the streets and kept getting accosted by pushy vendors. I was scared to be there alone where I didn't know where I was or where I was going, but I played it off rather well. Then I ran into my pothead friend Jeff (why he was in India, I don't know) who was driving an old powder blue mustang convertable, and I jumped in the car. We couldn't find the hotel I was staying at, so we broke into a clothing store and went to sleep on the floor. Slutty looking women and ravers kept coming into the store wanting to party, and all I wanted to do was sleep.
DirtyBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #23
TwistedKitsune

I had one of the funniest dreams I've had in a long time on Christmas eve of last year. I dreamed that my younger brother and my cousin and I had to save Christmas by using bubble guns to kill the aliens (alien vs predator style aliens to be exact) that were spawning out of all our gifts...I woke up before we saved Christmas though, dangit! I'm such a failure!

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #24
NyQuil of Doom

I tend to have incredibly strange dreams.

I had one the other night where all of the communities I'm involved in on *********** were stores in the mall, and I was trying to keep people out of the one "store" because they could get hurt... also, this friend of mine off another message board was there (and I've never given him my *********** so I don't know how he'd know about it let alone try and get me to join communities) getting me to join communities about drag queens.

Then, last night one of the dreams I had was about my father having a stroke due to one of the toes on his right foot being too long, so he decided to have a funeral for himself while he was still alive, and some rather unpleasant woman there brought me up in front of everyone to make fun of my dress (which was black with turquoise trim and actually quite pretty), and afterwards I'd gone to the movies but they had to stop the movie in the middle of the film (and for some reason it was an interactive movie) because my brother was in the theater trying to tie me to my seat with twist ties.

My other dream last night involved the creator of yet another message board trying to put me in a jail cell while they decided what they were going to do with me since I'd apparently violated some rule of theirs without knowing it.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #25
Godslayer Jillian

I've been dreaming a lot with Lovecraft lately. It doesn't let me sleep. He touched a dark corner in me that unleashes all my fears (except one that's only unleashed when I remember Orlando, Fl )

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote