Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
OnyxBat

Black Goths...Never seen one

Ok it's really rare to find a Black goth girl or boy. I've read some stories and about them and how non black goths are racist towards them. I would just like some opinons on how you would approach one. And how would there own race see them. *this is not a racist thread*
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
Still Jack

Racist. Trolltroll
Old 07-31-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
honeythorn

Quote:
I would just like some opinons on how you would approach one
Like anyone else! For fucks sake it's someone with darker skin than yours, not a wild animal
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
OnyxBat

I did not mean it as an in bad way, and they r not animals. Some of them do get rejected for being a black goth or they get jumped.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Oh, I hope that this doesn't become another never-ending catastrophe like the infamous "Black people make terrible vampires" thread... What have you done, Onyx? What have you done...
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
OnyxBat

I'm sorry I was just wondering about it. It's that I am fed up about the racist comments ppl make about goths.
I read that thread it was like mayhem.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
LenorePoe

looks wise I agree... it just doesn't look good.
LenorePoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
OnyxBat

Yeah I agree
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBat View Post
Ok it's really rare to find a Black goth girl or boy. I've read some stories and about them and how non black goths are racist towards them. I would just like some opinons on how you would approach one. And how would there own race see them. *this is not a racist thread*
Then why are you using "rare" and wondering about how to approach one? *points to Poly Styrene icon* Drive through, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeatheredÆtheling View Post
Oh, I hope that this doesn't become another never-ending catastrophe like the infamous "Black people make terrible vampires" thread... What have you done, Onyx? What have you done...
That dude was trolling and half of the folks coming in to the tail end of it had less reading comprehension than a brain-dead wombat.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
OnyxBat

Its a thread, you post your thoughts, opinons, or questions. Get a dictionary and stop being rude.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #11
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Racist. Trolltroll
That's my initial thought. Also the OP is probably fairly new to the goth scene.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
OnyxBat

if you call three years "fairly new " then fine, Thank you for understanding!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:03 PM   #13
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
if you call three years "fairly new " then fine, Thank you for understanding!
I find it hard to believe someone in the scene 3 years who lives in....NYC, is it(?) and never seen a black Goth hard to believe.

I live in Texas and I saw lots of them the first couple times I ever went clubbing.

And yes, 3 years is still 'new'.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
OnyxBat

Hey when you live in NYC its hard to find a black goth because its so urban here in most parts, so mostly the main style here is baggy pants and nikes.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Its a thread, you post your thoughts, opinons, or questions. Get a dictionary and stop being rude.
How are you telling people to get a dictionary when you've got misspellings in every other word of your sentences?

For real, this post was not the best idea.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
Saya

Quote:
Hey when you live in NYC its hard to find a black goth because its so urban here in most parts, so mostly the main style here is baggy pants and nikes.
Dude, you're fourteen. You're saying you've been involved with the scene, clubbing and everything, since you were 11?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:22 PM   #17
OnyxBat

Except for the clubbing I'm under age for that. But Ive been to concerts and gatherings
Old 07-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #18
Saya

so you can't go to clubs or shows that are held at bars, thats leaves out a huge proportion of almost any scene, unless its something lame like live action RPG. Lots of people go out of their way to avoid all age shows, or hanging out with 11 year olds.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #19
OnyxBat

I think your bit lost. Did you lose your way from your small mined box? Well you did!
And if you don't know the law says a minor with out an adult or and ID can not go to clubs! And I'm not eleven you brainless bimbo!
Old 07-31-2010, 03:56 PM   #20
Saya

Lots of shows have age restrictions, and you're saying you've been involved with the scene since age 11. Now, no offense to the other underage goths here but if there's no clique in your high school, you're not going to meet many like minded people until you're an adult and everyone's comfortable enough in their own skin. And a lot of cliques in high school are just woe-is-me-Amy-Lee-is-goth-right? types.

Seriously, the goth scene here is pretty much also the BDSM scene, and while we do sometimes smuggle in older kids to 19+ shows no one wants to hang out with little kids. Which would an adult be more likely to do? Go to a "goth gathering" where little kids are going to be playing magic cards or an actual show?

So, Ms. Expert, how can you say with authority on a board where most of us are older than you that there are people of colour in the goth scene are rare and don't look good?
Old 07-31-2010, 04:13 PM   #21
OnyxBat

God no one can have a damn opinon around here!
And I have been around other goths that are a tad bit older. And were I live there are no cliques everyone are just friends and that's it.
And Amy Lee is just a dipshit of a singer that can sing .
It's my opinion and I personally think they don't look good, and this thread was not meant to be racist.
And you have a very big problem with younger goths.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:31 PM   #22
Saya

yeah, saying black goths don't look good is racist, asking how you should approach them is mind numblingly ignorant at best. You can have your own opinion, but if it isn't a valid one of course people are going to call you on it.

And you have a very big problem with black people :P
Old 07-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #23
OnyxBat

Did I do some thing wrong to you? Or did I state my opinon the wrong way?
Because personally I don't like to argue much?
Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #24
Saya

You came to a board full of people who are older than you, and believe it or not some people on this board are people of colour, and you told everyone that you wouldn't know how to approach a black person, the look isn't good to you even though you've apparently never actually seen a black goth, and that as a kid you are quite the authority on the scene that goes on in NYC.

Its not how you state your opinion, because I don't know how you can say all this in such a way that it isn't dumb.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 PM   #25
OnyxBat

Well I am sorry if you want I'll delete the damn thread....I've been trying to find the edit button