Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #1
Necroshadow

Cool Almost to nothing breed..Black Goths? where? and more.

Hey call me Necro..but umm..is there any black goths around Texas?

Also i seen a picture of four guys that were goth and the thing is they looked AWESOME they had black fire tattos i think well one did. They were called Prince of darkness...it was a good picture i need to find that!

Also im a guy i think the darker the more beautiful...
i saw people that were black goths on youtube and google also other varies sites. But the thing is..is there alot of black goths? Are they hiding at day? (i HATE the sun..i see no beauty in it so therefor dont want it but the night with the stars and moon is great..to me)

Also if you have seen black goths what type of make up did they wear?

Are we a dying breed..or never was much of us in the first place?

^_^ im only 15..and my mom really wont buy the things i TRULY want..D':
but..white make up? white skin black up..black skin white make up?

Im also african american..also if i racist in ANY way im sorry and didnt mean to.

~Necro
Necroshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

You do know the Sun is a star, right?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
Versus

So what you're saying is:

"I'm so goth that I'm black."

Ba-dum-tsh.

Disclaimer: Seriously, G.net. I'm sorry for all of this. I did it in the name of science.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Necroshadow

wow wow wow really not tryin to say that at all..wondering where you got that kinda..
Necroshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
Spookycreep

I am a black goth. I seem to have made a complete fool of myself all because I was insulted by some anti_black commets. I guess it's alright for the white goths to talk shit about black people. Didn't know that was part of the subculture.
like everything else Ive posted here, more than likely I'll draw heat for this one to. Oh well....
Spookycreep
Spookycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #6
Alan

You didn't get anti-black comments; you got anti-dipshit comments, you dipshit.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #7
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookycreep View Post
I am a black goth. I seem to have made a complete fool of myself all because I was insulted by some anti_black commets. I guess it's alright for the white goths to talk shit about black people. Didn't know that was part of the subculture.
like everything else Ive posted here, more than likely I'll draw heat for this one to. Oh well....
Spookycreep
I really hate it when black people are all about "If you don't agree with me, you're racist"
Old 02-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroshadow View Post
Hey call me Necro..but umm..is there any black goths around Texas?

Also i seen a picture of four guys that were goth and the thing is they looked AWESOME they had black fire tattos i think well one did. They were called Prince of darkness...it was a good picture i need to find that!

Also im a guy i think the darker the more beautiful...
i saw people that were black goths on youtube and google also other varies sites. But the thing is..is there alot of black goths? Are they hiding at day? (i HATE the sun..i see no beauty in it so therefor dont want it but the night with the stars and moon is great..to me)

This should be in the fashion threads.
This should be over in the fashion threads.
Also if you have seen black goths what type of make up did they wear?

Are we a dying breed..or never was much of us in the first place?

^_^ im only 15..and my mom really wont buy the things i TRULY want..D':
but..white make up? white skin black up..black skin white make up?

Im also african american..also if i racist in ANY way im sorry and didnt mean to.

~Necro
Okay, here we go:

Movie Vampire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBel3A1-f2c

Goth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9IXAJg4Vm0

Goth Relaxed - Guess which one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4KNB1PkSe0

Most black goths I've know are relaxed. They don't put a lot into getting dressed up until going out. One guy was almost always like the angel in the Goth example. He always wore a suit and tie with a long black coat. Another guy is more modern by streaking dread locks with different colors. That's a current trend. Wasn't able to find a good picture.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Spookycreep
Why are you going on and on about the fact that you are black? NO ONE FUCKING CARES. Get the fuck over yourself.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Solumina

The really funny thing is that I'm from Newport News too and I know the scene around here, if he thinks that black goths are rare then he isn't a part of this scene.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #11
Spookycreep

The war is over. I.m tired of this shit and don't want to fight anymore. It's not what I came here for.
There's a "scene" in N.N. ? Well I am a baby bat plus I'm not much for "hanging out" but I may look into this. Have any suggestions on a good place to start?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #12
Spookycreep

Hey Necroshadow. There are plenty of black goths but you're right, they arn't exatly crawling out of the wood work. That doesn't matter though, do you. Have you checked out the Afro Punk website? There are goths of color there. Some of them could probably give you ideas on make up, I'm not much into this myself although I don't hate the idea of it. I think a part of goth is finding your own look and that it's sort of like a Zen thing_ you'll know it when you find it, and you'll see it as the fundemental you.
I am a baby bat so I could be wrong about this but one has to go by something until true learning comes along_which, if you persist it surely will
Old 02-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #13
Solumina

Quote:
There's a "scene" in N.N. ? Well I am a baby bat plus I'm not much for "hanging out" but I may look into this. Have any suggestions on a good place to start?
Most of the scene is Southside, especially Norfolk. Most of what goes on in Newport News is pretty much invite only but there are some good venues if you don't mind crossing the water. There aren't any clubs that are all goth all the time but many of the clubs have theme nights, my favorite being Doom and Gloom at the Wave. If you are looking for live music you will want to check out the Norva, they get some pretty well known entertainers but also feature some lesser known bands as well as local performers, it isn't a huge venue but they always put on a good show.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #14
Solumina

Sorry for the double post.

This may seem odd but most of the better places to check out are the gay clubs. Just kind of keep your eyes open for things tp try and places to go.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #15
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
The really funny thing is that I'm from Newport News too and I know the scene around here, if he thinks that black goths are rare then he isn't a part of this scene.
He's like 9 ya' soulless b*tch.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #16
Spookycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
He's like 9 ya' soulless b*tch.
CASH: Thanks for coming to a babies aid. (and Nercoshadows too.)

SOLUMINA: Thanks for the suggestions. Across the water you say? That's do-able. Do you remember the Insect Club in N.N.? I've never been there either but had it stayed open long enough I think I would have. Have you ever been there and if so what was it like? Just curious.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #17
Solumina

I've never been, never even heard of it. When did it close?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #18
JJ_Spade

Don't Feel Bad, I'm Greek And Besides My Cousin, I'm The Only Greek Goth That I Know Of. I Mean I Heard Stories Of Witches In Old Times Of Greece But I Don't Count That As Gothic Even If They Did Wear All Black Because Gothics Have A Huge Variety Of Beliefs And Lifestyles. But I Can Safely Say That I Feel Alone Being A Greek Goth, And Being A Christian Goth As Well. I Still Have Yet To Meet One Person That Are Both. Wish Me Luck Lol!
JJ_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
Spookycreep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I've never been, never even heard of it. When did it close?
This is probably more than a few years ago but it was located on Mercury Blvd. a short distance before Collisum Mall if you're coming from N. N.. I think it's a Mattrest Discount store using the building now.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #20
Solumina

In that case I may not have been down here yet as I only moved a few years ago.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #21
Spookycreep

Solumina

I've been here since March, 1980. I don't plan on being here much longer, I want to live somewhere where it's warm all year around.
You're pretty.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #22
Spookycreep

A Satanic goth to a Christian goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Spade View Post
Don't Feel Bad, I'm Greek And Besides My Cousin, I'm The Only Greek Goth That I Know Of. I Mean I Heard Stories Of Witches In Old Times Of Greece But I Don't Count That As Gothic Even If They Did Wear All Black Because Gothics Have A Huge Variety Of Beliefs And Lifestyles. But I Can Safely Say That I Feel Alone Being A Greek Goth, And Being A Christian Goth As Well. I Still Have Yet To Meet One Person That Are Both. Wish Me Luck Lol!
Iv'e never met a Christian goth either but I know a Christian or two that I call friend. You're not alone. THE DEVIL IS WITH YOU. That's a joke mind you_ in other words, your kind thoughts are appreciated.

( I'm assuming your thoughts were adressed to the second to the last thing I posted before I got lost for awhile. If not, then this messeage will self-destruct in seven and counting.)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #23
Spookycreep

Ms. CATCH

I didn't want to leave the site without saying a word or two to you. I checked out your profile page and am now even more impressed with the suggestions you gave to Necroshadow. Way to go. You have a fan in Spookycreep. Hope to talk to you.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #24
JJ_Spade

Quote:
Iv'e never met a Christian goth either but I know a Christian or two that I call friend. You're not alone. THE DEVIL IS WITH YOU. That's a joke mind you_ in other words, your kind thoughts are appreciated.

( I'm assuming your thoughts were adressed to the second to the last thing I posted before I got lost for awhile. If not, then this messeage will self-destruct in seven and counting.)
Lol You're Awesome, Thats Good That You Aren't Closed Minded About It.
JJ_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #25
Catch

Red face

Quote:
I didn't want to leave the site without saying a word or two to you. I checked out your profile page and am now even more impressed with the suggestions you gave to Necroshadow. Way to go. You have a fan in Spookycreep. Hope to talk to you.
Thank you, that is really nice of you to say.