Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #251
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
AD, I'm wondering if you or any of the other women here know any women who would be down with that 'multiple husband' program? Because whether it's allowed legally (or by any particular religious sect) or not, pothead says that it is approved by the bible!
If they were Versus and Neil Patrick Harris, sure.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #252
pothead

very interest information /ape descendent/ you seem to be know a lot about the mormon sect of cchristianity. They do interpret the bible differently then most christians they have there own doctrine called the book of mormon. But anyways for someone who knows so much about the christian faith why aren't you a believer in jesus? I'm not a mormon though I think that polygramy is debatable. I know that a lot of mormons don't think polygramy should be legal though. Anyways God bless you all and have a good night
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:04 AM   #253
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
very interest information /ape descendent/ you seem to be know a lot about the mormon sect of cchristianity. They do interpret the bible differently then most christians they have there own doctrine called the book of mormon. But anyways for someone who knows so much about the christian faith why aren't you a believer in jesus? I'm not a mormon though I think that polygramy is debatable. I know that a lot of mormons don't think polygramy should be legal though. Anyways God bless you all and have a good night
I do know a lot about Mormonism.... Not that its anything terribly important... unless you wish to closely interact with LDS people or seem credible when talking about the religion on an online message board.

While Mormons do have the Book of Mormon along with the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price, they also do follow the King James version of the bible quite closely. Do not be fooled, a lot of LDS people are highly educated in all of their literature. Along with regular Sunday services, many LDS teenagers attend a class in high school they refer to as Seminary where they go through the books and learn about their particular sect, which is a lot more religious education than most other Christian kids get growing up.

There are volumes that can be said about Mormons and polygamy. I have not brought any of this up because, from what I've seen of your posts, you seem to lack the subtly and reading level to discuss it in any sort of depth or detail.. I'd rather it just be a discussion and not just deteriorate into your usual inane, misspelled babble.

On a different note, I am not religious because I don't believe in the supernatural. No gods, no pixies, no dragons.. and I see them all in the same light. The bible is a highly flawed book that contradicts itself in spots, especially when one compares the different books of the New Testament to each other, don't ask me to point it out.. just Google it. That is part of the reason I reject the bible as a reasonable source of reliable information.

On the topic of god, which religion has a tendency to orbit, I have found that there is not enough empirical evidence to prove the existence of a god or gods in the first place. If I ever encounter good, scientific evidence of such a being, I shall change my mind, for I love real truth. We may never find out all of the truth in the universe, but that's ok by me, the search is part of the fun.

I am rather excited to see some underlying intelligence in you. I don't mind continuing conversations as long as you continue to show it and use it. We don't have to agree, just don't be a dumb ass. And if its not too much to ask.. work on your grammar and spelling, not just for me, but for every sorry sap who ends up reading your posts.

May Mir bless you, for we are one in Mir.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:53 PM   #254
pothead

my spelling my not be the best in the world, but I can still spell somethings, other things I don't really try to spell all that well. I make mistake, and besides I didn't go to school for gramer even though I have made a good grade in gramer I don't use it all the time. I got an associates in eletrical engineering. That is a lot of education, an education really didn't get me anywhere, I still have it though. An also am curious why ape studied on the mormon religion for? I don't misspell everything you know. an sure will work on my gramer, I also am a good reader, my level of reading use to be good, but now I'm not as good as I use to be, also why not just look up inteligent design? the theory of.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #255
Ben Lahnger

Pothead,

Spelling (and order) are more important than you give them credit. Otherwise people are likely to call you 'Phat Ode' or 'Ha Depot' ... so try harder.

Good night to all, and to all a Boj Mir.

An Herb Glen

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #256
ape descendant

Quote:
An also am curious why ape studied on the mormon religion for? I don't misspell everything you know. an sure will work on my gramer, I also am a good reader, my level of reading use to be good, but now I'm not as good as I use to be, also why not just look up inteligent design? the theory of.
I have studied a many religions in varying depth and detail. Religions, myths and cultures are super awesome to know about, because I like to have a better idea of where others are coming from.

I appreciate your commitment to work on your spelling and grammar. It will certainly help us all out, quite a bit.

I am familiar with what is called the "theory" of intelligent design. I put theory in quotes because it is not a scientific theory, but is instead a re-packaging of creationism. It is a total cop-out, instead of actually asking real questions, doing real scientific research and truly accepting, dealing with and working to understand the reality that one is faced with, the ID movement just wants to skip the work and hard part of inquiry and study and say "god did it", which is a cop out and not a real answer to anything.

Intelligent design puts the "ID" in idiot.

Be Kind
Old 04-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #257
Catch

Quite frankily I love the interpretation of religion through movies and television shows for children.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #258
pothead

All thata religion is is good will towards all, in a peaceable manner. Religion the christian religion is just visisting the fatherless, and the widows, see the jews, and the christians share the same God, and the same religion. There is only two religions in the world that shares the same God and that is judaism, and christianity, see christianity came from the jewish faith, and islam is a copy cat after christianity, but islam came from ther syrians, and is a false religion.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #259
ape descendant

LOL, you're a funny one. The three, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, worship the god of Abraham... since Abraham was a monotheist, it seems that it would have to be the same god.

Like it or not, you're "god-buddies" with the Jews AND Muslims. I wonder if it pisses him off that many of his worshipers don't get along and respect each other.

Be Kind
Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #260
pothead

Only one path to heaven.!! Free ticket!! prayer of salvation!!tell everyone you know!! All You have to do is believe in Jesus Christ! I am writing you only as a witness I only wish for anyone who reads this message to pray!! I mean what would it hurt? you only have to pray this one simple prayer, and the Lord Jesus says in his word whosoever shall call upon the name of the lord shall be saved, that's a definite shall be forever saved forever which means you are destined to go to heaven. Just plz pray with me this one simple prayer. Lord Jesus I believe in you Lord I know I can't save myself, will you plz save me I know I'm a sinner Jesus, but I believe you died on the cross for my sins, and that God the father rose you, christ the son of God from the dead after 3 days Plz forgive me of my sins Jesus! I accept you as my personal Lord, and savior I pray this in your name amen !!!!!!! remember Jesus loves you, also how to pray is simple you pray by speaking with your mouth while believing in your heart. Also free gift of eternal life if you believe.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:34 PM   #261
pothead

so nobody see's anything wrong with a gothic church?
Old 04-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #262
pothead

yes the two of the 3 religions worship the same God, but yahwey is God's name, not allah, which some christians even believe is one of Gods names because it is found in the bible once as a name, but not sure of the context of it, but the muslims believe in jesus as a prophet not the son of God. The God that christians worship is a different God then what islam teaches, they both follow jesus it is just what is the truth about jesus that has the religions split,
Old 04-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #263
pothead

the musslims and the jews both see jesus as a prophet, and so do many christians, it's just who is right about jesus, and who is wrong about jesus, I believe the bible not the other so called holy book.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:46 PM   #264
pothead

look up alah the moon God ,that will give you more insight from where I'm coming from, and where the muslim faith comes from.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #265
Ben Lahnger

I'll give you a moon! Ha ha ha!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #266
ape descendant

Quote:
yes the two of the 3 religions worship the same God, but yahwey is God's name, not allah, which some christians even believe is one of Gods names because it is found in the bible once as a name, but not sure of the context of it, but the muslims believe in jesus as a prophet not the son of God. The God that christians worship is a different God then what islam teaches, they both follow jesus it is just what is the truth about jesus that has the religions split,
Allah means "the one and only god", this sort of nitpicking is sort of like saying that some Christians don't worship the right one because they call him "God the Father".

Out of the big three, only Christians believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ. I know, its sort of a big duh, as that's what makes one a Christian in the first place, I just wanted to point out that neither Jews nor Muslims do, so that's 2 out of 3 against the idea.

And a bit of trivia, god's name isn't necessarily yahwey, that is just a guess. the only bits modern scholars have to go on are the consonants. YWVH, only the high priests of ancent Judaism are reported to have the actual name of god which was only uttered in the holy of holies one day a year. No one knows the true ineffable name of the great "I am". Bringing this up in the manner you did, shows your glaring ignorance of a religious history that has helped to shape your own.

Be Kind
Old 04-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #267
pothead

ape I know what godsname is I know that ywvh is Gods name as well, but most preachers say that yahwey is how his name is said, I believe that as well. I also don't think it's right to call someone ignorant, it only shows your own ignorance, besides the jews believe part of the divinity of jesus, and so do the muslims, but they only see him as a prphet, but christians see him as God come in the flesh. Also what did you find out about alah the moon God? Also some say no one knows the true name, but others say it was passed down as yahwey which
really that is where the name yahwey comes from is the jews, so if they didn't know then no one knows.I know more of the history of religions then you do ape man, the name yahwey was passed down, as the name of God, from the hebrews. by the way look up alah the moon God while your at your at your research?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #268
ape descendant

You're really reaching. I call out ignorance when I see it, if you don't wish to be seen as ignorant, you may wish to re-evaluate the way you word your ideas.

And to set the record straight on "alah the moon God" as you put it. Allah, comes from al (meaning the) and ilah (god). From what I understand principal deities from times past carry the title.

Such a suggestion, linking the two, would be the same as saying that Christians worship the same god as Wiccans as they both are occasionally referred to as "The Lord".

Ben- Tell us more about this moon, of which you speak. Is it bright and shining?

Be Kind

Last edited by ape descendant; 04-26-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Juxtaposition
Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #269
Ben Lahnger

It might be described as pale and luminous!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #270
ape descendant

Yee haw! That's the way I like 'em!!

Be Kind
Old 04-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #271
Ben Lahnger

Unlike that other lunar orb, it truly is a place where the sun don't shine.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #272
pothead

does the moon shine on both sides? does anyone know why there is a cresent moon on the quarran? it is because the religion comes from the ancient syrian God which was the god of the moon alah. Read the old syrian text, and you will understand
Old 04-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #273
Ben Lahnger

You want me to read that old text? You can't be Syrian!

Ahahahahahaha!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #274
pothead

I'm not syrian I read the old translated text, really I want you to read the bible, but yeah the old syrians text I want you to read as well
Old 04-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #275
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
You want me to read that old text? You can't be Syrian!

Ahahahahahaha!
Oh noes!! 'Taint gonna be pretty. ROFLMAO!!

Be Kind