Gothic.net Community

Gothic.net Community (https://www.gothic.net/boards/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.gothic.net/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Worst Song Written... Ever (https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=2394)

disorder 04-15-2006 05:18 PM

Worst Song Written... Ever

What is the worst song? What makes you want to die every time your hear it?

For me?

'My Humps' by The Black Eyed Peas

*dies*

An Eccentric Cellist 04-15-2006 05:35 PM

'Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy' by Big and Rich. My gods I hate it!

Metatron 04-15-2006 10:12 PM

Who cares what you think is the worst song. I hate threads like this.

HEY, I'M JUST SAYIN'.

Icarian Decoding 04-15-2006 10:42 PM

The worst song I have ever heard, was some rap song. I think it was, Up In Here, or something like that.

Cicero 04-16-2006 01:32 AM

I agree with "My Humps". It really disgusts me. So degrading.

What's worse is I had to dance to it in a TV shoot a while back. Then after failing to do that with any sort of enthusiasm the director offered a change of music... To Justin Timberlake instead. Worst day of my life.

Godslayer Jillian 04-18-2006 08:00 PM

Yeah, "my humps".
Ironically, it's one of Ana's favorite, so I had to dance it.
Another song...
Wasn't there a song that the only thing it said is "number nine... number nine... number nine... number..........."

Demonista_Ravenesque 04-18-2006 08:10 PM

Worst song ever written?

Every single fucking Slipknot song.

Or that song by The Used, called 'I'm Fake' or something similar...

Icarian Decoding 04-18-2006 08:27 PM

Hey! Now, SlipKnot made a few good songs.
Okay.
Only two that I can think of, off their first album, Tattered and Torn and Gently, but they still made... two... Yeah...

Anyway, I just heard a song that literally, made me want to vomit. I don't know who it was, but it was this guy, who couldn't carry a tune, and made my ears ring. Something about seeing somebody cry or something. And then they said the word sorry alot.

Godslayer Jillian 04-18-2006 09:49 PM

Well, the song is basically speaking about how she's whoring herself, so, no thanks.

Morrigan_Dubh 04-19-2006 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Yeah, "my humps".
Ironically, it's one of Ana's favorite, so I had to dance it.
Another song...
Wasn't there a song that the only thing it said is "number nine... number nine... number nine... number..........."

Oh yes, that was "Revolution 9" from the Beatles white album... Apparently if you play it backwards you can hear a car crash and Paul McCarthy screaming "get me out!", then John saying "Turn me on dead man, turn me on..."

Exciting, no?

CreepyTendencies 04-19-2006 06:50 AM

That uber obnoxious B-A-N-A-N-A-S song. By Gwen Stefani? Maybe? It's crap like this that makes me avoid the radio at all costs.

CreepyTendencies 04-19-2006 07:24 AM

That is too funny! I can't believe terms like these actually become a part of the English language. Now I despise the song even more.

pitseleh 04-19-2006 07:39 AM

Interesting definition. I thought it meant something like that, but now I know. That being said, I don't like the radio version of that song, but I saw Gwen on Letterman once doing that song with a live marching band. That was actually kinda cool...

I'd say any song by a "wht pwr"-band (to not make it searcheable), is about as awful as you can get. The hateful lyrics notwithstanding, bands of that type have absolutely no songwriting talent whatsoever. It's like the most inept and simplistic punk rock possible, played by a bunch of neanderthals who have no business ever touching an instrument. Plus, those of them who actually attempt to "sing", do it in a completely tuneless manner, with vocal melodies only the most talentless 12-year old bedroom vocalist could come up with.

I just watched a documentary on this type of "music" yesterday, and I've never heard so many shitty bands in my life.

Fuck those guys.

Panther 04-19-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morrigan_Dubh
Oh yes, that was "Revolution 9" from the Beatles white album... Apparently if you play it backwards you can hear a car crash and Paul McCarthy screaming "get me out!", then John saying "Turn me on dead man, turn me on..."

Exciting, no?

I think that I have an mp3 of ti backward somewhere. . .or used to. The turn me on dead man thing sounds familiar.

On another note, the White album is really good, and I'vee spent entire nights mumbling 'Revolution 9' under my breath.

As for the worst song ever written, that would be the Banana Phone song. It makes me want to scoop my brains out with a rusty butter knife.

Even better if I can ge the brains of the composer instead.

Morrigan_Dubh 04-19-2006 08:37 AM

Je le Banana Song adore...

WolfMoon 04-19-2006 09:43 AM

Liar ~ Henry Rollins

No kids, it's not a cool thing to dress up in red spandex and yell that you're a liar. Although the video does remind me of Eliane's boyfriend 'Putty' from Seinfeld. He painted his face ghastly colors of some hockey team.

Gotta support the team.

:p

WolfMoon 04-19-2006 09:45 AM

OMFG!!!!!

Welcome back PANTHER!!!!

*pounce-HUGZ*

succubus,queenofvampires 04-19-2006 09:53 AM

Lacuna Coil- Heaven's A Lie

Draconysius 04-19-2006 11:09 AM

[quote=Demonista_Ravenesque]Worst song ever written?

Every single fucking Slipknot song.QUOTE]
I couldn't agree with you more, Demonista. Slipknot has to be the most overrated, unintelligent, and immature band out there. Their angsty teen rebel music makes my ears bleed.

Queenofdarkness57 04-19-2006 12:09 PM

Has anyone heard the song " The Book is on the Table" or " I'm Too Sexy"( it goes like this: I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my table??!?!) . I'm not sure those are the real titles, though. And one of the worst songs EVER is "Push me" by Benny Bennassi. It causes a major cellular destruction in my mind.

succubus,queenofvampires 04-19-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
Lacuna Coil- Heaven's A Lie

OOPS!!! I've posted this here instead of the "What Are You Currently Listening To?" thread.

I love Lacuna Coil!!:D:D