View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
honeythorn

Oy, computer knowledgeable people.

I want a laptop. I've never owned one and now have the cash to get one. I've got £400 to spend .

I have NO idea what to get and know bugger all about computers so please, no waffle about operating systems and all that gibberish, I won't understand a word of it. I don't have the first clue as to how to program anything. I can only just about turn on this old cronk of a desktop and use the internet on it .

I need to be able to get it in the UK and not have to wait 4 million years for it to be shipped from bloody Khatmandu or wherever.

I just want something for my 400 quid that's as fast as possible, has as much memory as possible, and won't break if I look at it.

For the most part it'll be used for internet surfing and buying shit on Ebay and Etsy, storing pictures ( though I do have a photobucket account as well ) and music ( I only know how to use windows media player ) chatting crap on MSN , and watching DVD's in bed.

I didn't want to hear a load of sales pitch and gibberish from some disinterested looking twerp in PC world, so I thought I'd ask around in here as I know some of you like your technical wizardry and so on.

SO, G.NET, Have you any advice as to what laptop I could get for my £400? I can go slightly over that budget but not by much.

Dell? HP? ACER? those are three brands I've seen about, any good machines from those?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote