View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 07:26 PM   #5
AnnaLovesHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkyDan View Post
I hear what you’re saying but the beautiful people Marilyn was talking about is not us nor anyone he would hold in warm regard.
Bingo! Even though I like SOME of Manson's songs, he is a pretentious, narcissistic asshole, who went as far as making snide remarks about The Cure.

Here's the real kicker, Marilyn Manson went as far as doing this in 2004 when MTV had him host Icons: The Cure. For those who don't know, MTV launched these tribute shows, during the early 21st Century.

MTV Icons was meant for other artists and bands to pay tribute to their favorite artists and bands, which were viewed as icons. MTV did this for Janet Jackson, Metallica, The Cure and some others.

Out of all the vocalists to choose for hosting MTV ICONS: The Cure, the network for some dumb reason chose Marilyn Manson. He's not a Cure fan and kept repeating that he wasn't.

Manson heavily emphasized that he wasn't a huge fan of The Cure's and that he was more of a Metal fan, which defeated the purpose of him hosting the show.

More than anything, Marilyn Manson is a Goth poser, who idolizes the shit out of Alice Cooper. Not that I hate Alice Cooper, but Manson is an Alice Cooper zealot.

During The Cure's tribute, Manson also went as far as literally putting himself into Robert Smith's face. Judging by the expression on Smith's face and body language, I could tell he was annoyed by Manson.

I, as well as other fans were seriously annoyed watching Marilyn Manson as a person and a host. I was hoping that Robert Smith would've kicked his ass at The Cure's tribute.

Speaking of Manson getting his ass kicked, I read a few years ago on HardDrive Radio's Dirt page, that someone kicked his ass at Denny's. LMAO!

Who gets his ass kicked at Denny's? Apparently, Marilyn Manson does. LOL! Loser.

Anyway, I digress. I completely sympathize and empathize with LordLuzyfer.

Even though I didn't necessarily dress "Goth," during high school more than 2 decades ago, I've dealt with being condemned for the music, movies, poems, etc. that I watch, listen to, read, and write.

We can all blame it on the divisive media for condemning and demonizing the Goth Sub-culture after those 2 sociopaths massacred students at Columbine High School, which will be 21 years on April 20th. They specifically chose that date because it was Hitler's birthday.

Since the time of that massacre on April 20, 1999, Goths have been condemned, demonized, profiled, and stereotyped as being depressed mass shooters.

I guess I'll stop right here, for now. I really didn't intend to write a novel in this thread. LOL! It's like that adage, "knowledge is power."
AnnaLovesHorror is offline   Reply With Quote