Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
AndreaCandle

Magick

Magick ... what magick system is your main and which one did not work for you. How many magick systems have you tried, I know from experience that although Crowley's magick is strong, it is not the strongest. I haven't used the Persian magick used by Michał W. Ford, did anyone use it?
AndreaCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:48 PM   #2
shadowynne

Well, I have worked with, wiccan of course... who hasn't these days, Crowley/Thoth magik... lots of useful information to be had but all a bit to fine tuned to a specific type of person and lifestyle that doesn't entirely suit me.

I've done alot of work with chaos and wild magiks, which I thoroughly enjoy, and have an agreeable amount of success with.

I have dabbled in Egyptian, Norse, and some north American native shamanism. Which are undoubtedly powerful, but it seems the only way you can truly utilise their full potential is either at the very brink of death, or being completely out of it on hallucinogens. And to be honest, I try to keep both of these things to a minimum. I know, I know. The power is there, I guess I just don't want it that bad.

I am currently working strongly with what I would call folk magic. It wrks for me, better than anything else in fact.

It is subtle for sure. But I am beginning to realise just how powerful it is. Highly effective, but tricky, needs patience.
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:05 PM   #3
AndreaCandle

Chaos magic seemed a little too destructive to me. Have you read the Grimoire of red dragon? I haven't read it yet but I've heard that this is the most powerful book of all the Grimoire's, I know there are two of them,one is false and the other is real but it's hard to get.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #4
AndreaCandle

Folk magick ... something like shamanism? have you tried to make it rain?
Old 01-09-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
shadowynne

Folk magic is subtle but all encompassing.

Living in the UK I wouldn't know if I had made it rain or not!

I have found that folk magic greatly effects luck and is great to find lost things. It is also good for protection of home and self. It is good for health and healing.

It is rather excellent for everyday life.
Not as flashy as some of the other magiks, but it seems to have a much higher success rate.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
AndreaCandle

Do you have your own altar? What do you think about the black mirror?
Old 01-10-2020, 09:40 AM   #7
shadowynne

Yes, I have several altars. Most are small and simple, nothing more than a clear space to leave offerings.

I don't use the black mirror technique for scrying, it does not suit me. I use runes, or the cards usually for that. I do also read fire/flames and I do use a medicine bag, which serves as both a portable altar, and a scrying tool amongst other things.

I make my own tools in general, although I don't use many. I tend to make a tool as I need it and incorporate its creation in the ritual.

I used to work with very aggressive magiks, but I have found the long term costs unpalatable, so prefer subtler magiks these days.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:38 AM   #8
AndreaCandle

Tarot cards ?? Are you using Rider-Waite? I like the Bohemian Gothic deck. Do you have wand? Probably from special wood?
Old 01-11-2020, 08:22 AM   #9
shadowynne

I have a few decks, including a rider waite.

I do have a couple wands, but I rarely use them. I find or make them myself. My favorite is a piece of ivy that I found burning on both ends from a lightning strike.