Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
carakitty

Spin-off: Favorite places to shop for the BabyBats?

Of you here who have had the 'pleasure' of propagating the species, where do you find the clothing items for your little ones?

I used to be able to find decent stuff occasionally at *shudder* Hot Topic but it appears that they've done away with the children's section. Boo.
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #2
blindNsect

http://www.punkbabyclothes.net/
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
Of you here who have had the 'pleasure' of propagating the species, where do you find the clothing items for your little ones?

I used to be able to find decent stuff occasionally at *shudder* Hot Topic but it appears that they've done away with the children's section. Boo.
I buy whatever my son decides he will wear. He's autistic and I have big issues with dressing him. He will only wear certain styles of clothes so anything *alternative* is not really an option.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
blindNsect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I buy whatever my son decides he will wear. He's autistic and I have big issues with dressing him. He will only wear certain styles of clothes so anything *alternative* is not really an option.
How old is he?
Old 10-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #5
MissCheyenne

He's five and a half.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
blindNsect

I think kids should pick their own clothes when they begin to express interest in that.

Mine is ten and a half months. He doesn't have a choice.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
carakitty

I do let her pick out most of her things.
Lots of times it's more pleasant for both of us if I do the shopping on my own. She gets bored easily it seems.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
SiouxsiePernova

I don't have any children, but I just had to share the shirt that a friend of mine bought for her son.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #9
MissCheyenne

I wish sometimes that my little boy would wear black t-shirts. He refuses though because he says that he can only wear black trousers. Shame, I have seen some lovely childrens things in black
Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
korinna5555

When I'm looking for things for my nieces, thrift/consignment stores for children + DIY (iron-on transfers and onesies, anyone?).
During fall and winter, stores usually carry darker colored baby clothing, plus the Halloween section can sometimes have cute stuff.

I made my goddaughter an itty bitty black denim jacket, complete with mini-pyramid studs and patches. Her dad's a punk, so I can TOTALLY get away with that kinda stuff. =D
Old 10-15-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
Ophelia's Snorkel

My children are old enough to have their own (strong) opinions about what they wear, but in amongst the pink flowers and earth tones, they have an ample supply of black/'alternative' items of all styles and textures - and some days they really goth it up.

Those are the days I have to search the whole house for my nail polish.

edit: to OP's question, I scour the seasonal merchandise, the internet, and thrift/department stores; I also sew for them and help them customise their off-the-rack clothes.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
carakitty

I really should learn to sew. I have no excuse. My Aunt who lives half an hour away is an avid quilter and has something like 5 fucking sewing machines :P Plus my Grandma's left over fabric. Aunt M's whole basement is devoted to stitchery in one way or another.

Tomorrow is thrift store day for me. I hope.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #13
MissGracie

My friend has twins, they're only about 5 months old, but she doesn't really dress them alternatively. They have a few cute things, but I know she would like to dress them up. I wish she would get into sewing/thrifting, but they're teenage parents and don't have much money and live in a rural area :/ I can't wait until they're older so I can make them things! When I have kids they will actually be planned :P That way I'll have time to find nice baby clothes instead of having to use anything I can get.
MissGracie is offline   Reply With Quote