Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #176
TrivialMorose

Last night,

I was a kid again, back in, like, high school. My wife was there too, young as well, and we didn't know each other yet. She was dealing drugs at the school, and I was a returning customer, solely because I had a crush on her and it was the only way I could think to have anything to do with her.

Then security at the school was upped, in the form of student guards everywhere. My wife was spooked and she was going to quit dealing because of that. I didn't want her to quit, so I started looking for some quiet, sequestered areas where to keep conducting business. As I was wandering in one such area, a female guard saw me and got me out of there.

She then told me it was lucky I had been such an active feminist, so I didn't need to be punished. Instead, she took me to some sort of student feminist meeting. There I was introduced to the group, and I was lauded for my feministic deeds. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I was expected to hold a speech, and I was very nervous about that.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:51 AM   #177
TrivialMorose

Last night,

In the real world, I was sleeping in an upstairs bedroom of this house where I was supposed to be alone.

In dream, I was awoken by sounds of people from downstairs. I thought I should get up and go check what was going on, but I was too damn tired and just fell back under.

I woke up (or just dreamed I woke up, impossible to tell which) and thought I should get out of bed and go check the downstairs, but I just fell back asleep.

Then this kept happening. Repeatedly I woke up again, thought I should go, fell back asleep.

So, after several dreams that are now forgotten, this happened:

I awoke, and because I knew I was just gonna fall back to sleep, I thought it would be neat if I could just send a mental version of myself to go check what needed to be checked. I stared at the closed door of the room, and concentrated my thoughts, thinking intensely about opening the door, and it started shaking. I kept my concentration, and eventually the door did indeed swing open. That was followed by the sound of footsteps clomping down the stair.

I woke up again, thought I should go, fell back asleep.

I awoke in dream, heard footsteps clomping up the stairs, looked at the door as it was swung open by the person who had just come up. There was no one visible, but my own voice called to me from the door.

"Come on, get up," it said. "You should go check the downstairs. It's really easy, I did it, too."

And it kept trying to coax me to go with such words for a while, then it got frustrated, slammed the door shut and clomped back down again.

I awoke with a start into a dream, where my own voice screamed at me from downstairs.

"I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you..." over and over and over...

I awoke and was terribly startled when I saw there was someone lying beside me under the thin bedspread. I sat up and stared at it. It was shaped like me. I was confident it was me. I touched it tentatively, and it chomped down biting hard at my hand through the cover.

I woke up again, the pain in my hand still lingering. I thought again I should go, but as always, I fell back asleep.

Then I dreamed I was one person of a group of friends living in NYC. They were hanging out somewhere, maybe a coffee shop, and one of them told the others he thought his apartment was haunted. He told how he keeps seeing an ugly black man appear and disappear. He was so distraught that he didn't want to go back anymore. Me and two others volunteered to go spend time in his apartment and see what's what.

When we three entered the apartment, the viewpoint switched.

I was now some shady person with a partner in some sort of control room, where we saw that apartment on a monitor, and we had a machine which could control the entity in the room. We could at least make it appear and disappear, and control its mood. Maybe its actions, too, but I'm not sure. I told my partner:

"Make him appear to them, and stare at them angrily."

I woke up again, thought I should go, fell back asleep, but this time I slept without interruptions for the rest of the night. And I did dream more, but sadly the rest have escaped me.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:27 AM   #178
Midnight_Carnival

yeah, I've been around the block enough to know that dreams like this mean somebody wants to talk to you.
I'd suggest putting out a little milk, burning rosemary and putting an empty chair before your bed.
Tell them they are welcome and may speak because you're listening, then go to sleep.
Midnight_Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:34 AM   #179
Midnight_Carnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrivialMorose View Post
Last night,

I was a kid again, back in, like, high school. My wife was there too, young as well, and we didn't know each other yet. She was dealing drugs at the school, and I was a returning customer, solely because I had a crush on her and it was the only way I could think to have anything to do with her.

Then security at the school was upped, in the form of student guards everywhere. My wife was spooked and she was going to quit dealing because of that. I didn't want her to quit, so I started looking for some quiet, sequestered areas where to keep conducting business. As I was wandering in one such area, a female guard saw me and got me out of there.

She then told me it was lucky I had been such an active feminist, so I didn't need to be punished. Instead, she took me to some sort of student feminist meeting. There I was introduced to the group, and I was lauded for my feministic deeds. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I was expected to hold a speech, and I was very nervous about that.
This dream fortells a period of disharmony and strife in your marriage. Fortunatley it won't last long. You'll feel wronged and misunderstood, but later you will also come to appreciate the views of the other party.
-I'm sorry.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:36 AM   #180
Midnight_Carnival

Quote:
It wasn't last night, but one of these nights I was in Italy. Rome, I think. It was a vacation of sorts with a guy I used to know and haven't seen in a couple decades. Let's call him Gyd. He also had a new girlfriend and they seemed happy together.

Gyd was driving us around the city in a rental car, when some kid on a bicycle cut us off and told us to get the fuck off the road, because the road was for orphans and widows only!

I looked around and saw there were lots of kids and old ladies in mourning habits strolling all over the road. So, we had to then move our car to another, parallel road, which was a sort of suspension bridge. We figured somehow that the bridge might not withstand our combined weight, so I got out of the car while Gyd and his girl started driving over it.

And then it gave out. The bridge went crashing down. Gyd and his girl managed to jump to safety, while the car plummeted into some sort of an urban pitfall and exploded in a ball of fire.

There was no way for me to reach Gyd across the distance, so I just started randomly walking. I realized that my wallet, with all my money, ID and passport had been in that car, as well as my leather jacket. I also didn't remember the address or even the name of our hotel. I thought I'd sent a message to Gyd and ask, but the battery on my phone went empty. I also would have liked to tell my wife about what was going on, but now I was lost and alone in a foreign city with nowhere to go, and I couldn't even message anyone.

This is a great dream to have if you're unemployed, but a rather crap one if you have a job. This dream fortells you starting a new job
Old 02-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #181
TrivialMorose

The Secret History of Dracula

Last night,

I was attending a lecture titled The Secret History of Bram Stoker's Dracula.

The lecturer was a dude dressed up like a Bela Lugosi Dracula character.

In the lecture we were told that Dracula was originally a play Bram Stoker had written in 1920-something. The exact year might have been 1923, but I'm not at all certain.

Stoker had finished the first draft of this script while on a vacation in Romania, and then had it delivered to America locked in a box aboard an airplane.

"And the real life events aboard that plane macabrely imitated the events of the play," said the lecturer.

When the plane landed in the airport, it was discovered that all passengers had mysteriously died during the flight, apparently by inexplicably melting into putrid piles of goo, no less. And their number happened to be exactly the same as deaths that occur in the play.

Although there were many theories about what had happened, the event had never been satisfactorily explained. We were shown a VHS tape, looked like it'd been shot in the 80s, where a very old looking dude, with liver spots in his face, reminisced about having been the young pilot of that plane, and gave his own theory.

"I know how horrible the conditions in that passenger cabin were, how the pressurized conditions could drive these poor people to look for gasoline that wasn't there, and then that gasoline would work on them like acid."

What little sense they make, those were more or less the guy's exact words. He then went on about how he feels bad having flown that plane, and how he still has nightmares about it, or something.

The tape ended and the lecture then went on, and we were told how this event inspired Bram Stoker to revise his script, adding in the part where Dracula travels to America (not England) in the cargo of a boat. And yet, we must gullibly accept that the death toll in the play was in no way fixed to match the events, that it was certainly the other way around. Sure.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:46 AM   #182
amalkagin

Quote:
I half-remembered a scene.
I was talking to some guy, and I told him I was half-deaf. He started enunciating his words very clearly after that, and I told him how that was unnecessary, explained that I mostly had trouble understanding what the dream dictionary was saying, and if he started speaking unexpectedly, so he should just avoid that instead.
The setting was a playground from my childhood, but I can't quite recall if this was from the same dream with those kids, or whether this guy was actually one of those kids or not.
Hmm, that's interesting. I had a very similar dream last night! Also half deaf..
amalkagin is offline   Reply With Quote