Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #326
Needled

So if your bleach your hair after it's been dyed black it will turn orange?
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #327
UltraNEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needled
So if your bleach your hair after it's been dyed black it will turn orange?
Yup.. unless you use really strong peroxide, like 40 or 60 Vol..
then again your hair will be ultra dry, possibly straw like. but i'll be blonde.

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #328
UltraNEO*

Oh yeah... Then if you want the white look... you'll need to tone it. I mean really tone it, otherwise i'll be be real nasty and very brassy.

Taking Hair from dyed black to blonde/white isn't recommended by any salon. In the UK they ask you sign a forum, waving your right to sue them should anything goes terribly wrong.

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #329
Needled

Someone had told me awhile back that if i wanted my hair back to brown then I should bleach it. According to them bleached black hair converts to brown!! Glad I didn't follow that advice. So I guess the only thing I can do to get rid of the black is to strip it? I just didn't really want to go that route because I had heard that stripping really damages your hair. I have relatively thick hair, and it's pretty healthy... Has anyone here got their hair stripped? If so, do you think it would be alright for me to do that? I haven't dyed my hair in about 3 months. The last time was when I attempted to dye it light brown and found out that I can't dye over the black. So my roots took the color, but uh the rest is still black as it was the first day I dyed it.. HELP.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:00 PM   #330
Needled

Oh, I didn't want to go blonde anyway, I just asked because someone told me that bleaching the black would turn it brown... lol you posted before I could reply!!
Old 01-10-2006, 06:02 PM   #331
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Someone had told me awhile back that if i wanted my hair back to brown then I should bleach it. According to them bleached black hair converts to brown!! Glad I didn't follow that advice. So I guess the only thing I can do to get rid of the black is to strip it? I just didn't really want to go that route because I had heard that stripping really damages your hair. I have relatively thick hair, and it's pretty healthy... Has anyone here got their hair stripped? If so, do you think it would be alright for me to do that? I haven't dyed my hair in about 3 months. The last time was when I attempted to dye it light brown and found out that I can't dye over the black. So my roots took the color, but uh the rest is still black as it was the first day I dyed it.. HELP.
I had my hair stripped about a year ago. They had to do two treatments on it. My hair was burgundy with a full head of black low lights giving my hair a "black cherry" look. Really cool. Thinking about doing it again. I have really long, thick, healthy hair. The hair stylist was surprised how well my hair was doing. It felt a little dry for a little while (maybe a week or two before it got back to normal) but if you follow the advice of the salon and take extra care of it for a few weeks you should be fine. Especially since it sounds like we have similar hair.

Oh, and don't even think of blowdrying or flatironing your hair for a few weeks after either. Not even at the salon right after they do it.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #332
Needled

I never curl or straighten my hair.. the only possible damage I do to my hair is blowdrying it every day. I could easily stop that. Instead of taking my showers in the morning I can take them at night to allow my hair to air dry. Even if I don't get it stripped, I'm thinking about doing that anyway.

Thanks for the advice.. I'm really considering it now. I had heard horror stories about people who got their hair stripped until now lol. I suppose it depends on the condition of your hair.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #333
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
I never curl or straighten my hair.. the only possible damage I do to my hair is blowdrying it every day. I could easily stop that. Instead of taking my showers in the morning I can take them at night to allow my hair to air dry. Even if I don't get it stripped, I'm thinking about doing that anyway.

Thanks for the advice.. I'm really considering it now. I had heard horror stories about people who got their hair stripped until now lol. I suppose it depends on the condition of your hair.
Yeah, it's not all bad. I mean they did two treatments on my hair and that's unheard of. Just make sure you go to a hairstylist that you trust and express all your concerns to them. They'll let you know everything that you might need to worry about.. but, like I said, my hair is 100% back to normal and has been since about 3 weeks after the procedure.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #334
Needled

I'm glad to hear that. As far as going to a hair stylist that I trust.. Well, I've never went to one. There are quite a few here in town. I was thinking the salon in JC Penny.. I'll probably call around. I really don't know what I should be looking for besides the best price
Old 01-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #335
Needled

Well I definitely would not color over bleached hair.. I wasn't planning on going bald anytime soon. Stripping it is!
Old 01-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #336
Bete Noire

My hair is really thick and I've tried straightening it. It goes fairly flat at the back but at the sides and front it goes out. This is not good. I was wondering if there's any way to stop this?....
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 05:52 PM   #337
Metatron

Mine does the exact same thing...my solution: after taking a shower, wear a ballcap until your hair dries. Sometimes it helps if you put a little bit of gel in too. Other than that, you just need to find a hairstyle that works.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #338
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
My hair is really thick and I've tried straightening it. It goes fairly flat at the back but at the sides and front it goes out. This is not good. I was wondering if there's any way to stop this?....
Uh..

Shave your Head?

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #339
Needled

It would also help if you just got your hair thinned out some, and maybe layers?
Old 01-13-2006, 08:09 PM   #340
Godslayer Jillian

I finally got a cool haircut!!
Though it looks a little too much emo for my taste, but at least no one has it like mine

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:47 AM   #341
Bete Noire

"Uh..Shave your Head?" I have fairly dark skin. My scalp has never been exposed to the sun. The resulting tan line would be original at least i suppose....
Old 01-14-2006, 10:07 AM   #342
Needled

I didn't know emo haircuts existed. What does it look like? Do you have a pic?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #343
gothboy13

Cool

has anybody heard of the 69eyes, well i want to grow my hair out like the drummers,
gothboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #344
Bete Noire

Gothboy13- is your username meant to be ultra-sarcastic? I hope the answer to that is yes.....
Old 01-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #345
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, emo haircuts are basically like gothic haricuts except shorter; I think emos are just punks with wanna-be-gothic complexes
Oh, and, gothboy13, how original, huh? It sounds so stereotypical you'll have to work quite a bit to prove you're not a gothic cliché.
Oh, and yup, I believe almost everyone knows the 69 eyes. That's not a bad haircut

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #346
Metatron

Define a gothic haircut...now you're just being plain stereotypical hairstyle-wise. The type of hair you have doesn't define you as "goth" or "not-goth". I think most of us have moved beyond that by now.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #347
Needled

My hair is totally goth. I don't know what you're talking about.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:46 PM   #348
Metatron

Well mine's gothier than yours. In fact, it's the gothiest.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:03 AM   #349
She_Is_My_Sin

I typically dye my hair black.Except a few weeks after I dye it the colour changes to violet/red black.As for style... well it's waist length (except for the part that once was my fringe , thats just below my shoulders) & wavy.I might get it cut shorter though , because I've seen some pictures of Dita Von Teese's hair & I like that style alot.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #350
RaidoHaglaz

Hm, I've been playing with the thought to dye my hair crow black. That is, black with a light tint of very dark blue, sort of the color effect a crow's feathers get when it's in the sun, but then all the time. I currently have my own dark brown hair, usually mistaken for black for some reason. :\
Anyway, what would be the best idea? Get something like blue-black or dye it black first and then dye it over with dark blue, to get a sort of a tint on it.

And for the 'oh, your such a poser' flames: you're very welcome to shoot them ofcourse, flames warm stuff up, let's make it as cosy as possible, I'll get the wood, let's make a nice little hearth.
Anyway, it just so happens I'm in awe of crows, of course because of their color, but also because they're freaking smart and won't take no for an answer, so I need some of the crow spirit, I guess. Also, I once saw two crows completely batter a buzzard so bad, it blasted off like the world was coming to an end, oh, you have to love that aggression in those little critters.
RaidoHaglaz is offline   Reply With Quote