Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 01-22-2005, 01:01 AM   #551
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy
And "GBU" is next week....tonight, it's "Suspiria" and "Tokyo Story" (she didn't like horror films until I showed her "Cure"....then again, she didn't like guys until me, so there you go).
GBU
Suspira
Cure!!!!!

This is a lucky woman indeed.

She is being shown the finest movies.

Cure...made by the same genius who brought us

Kairo.

Show her that next! The watertower scene...I made an animated gif of it, but it has to be seen in the movie to be appriciated.

Cure...I want to show that to EPS and Manimal...but it's pacing and ending/explanation...while I am used to it and loved it, I dunno about them.

Cure...man Loy if she wasn't bangin you I would. ^_^
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:03 AM   #552
gingerbreadwench

White Noise

Not intentionally, really. We wanted to see "Closer," but it was no longer playing, so we saw whatever was playing next.

Ugh. There are no words to describe it. The crappiness, the horrible horrible crappiness.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #553
winged_dreams

I don't get to watch movies all the way through most of the time. I work at a video store and we play movies but most of the time I'm stuck behind the counter. I only catch bits and pieces of a movie but the last movie I've listened/watched was Tommy.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #554
Manimal

I watched Hero last night. It was alright but the overuse of color theme and extreme dreamlike wire work got to be a bit tiresome. Plus we figured out that if you sped up the soundtrack to Hero by about double then you get the soundtrack to the Spongebob Xbox game.

The arrow flying scenes were neat though. And both of the female characters were very much yummy... even after they were dead.
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:37 AM   #555
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
I watched Hero last night.
f u for inviting me over to watch that there pal. :x
Old 01-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #556
MrMaelstrom

Ain't nuthin' wrong with a lil' necrophilia, Manimal. I like them when they're still warm.

Hero is such a cool flick. But I'll be fucked if I ever get used to those flying jumps (look at me, I'm so zen I can walk on water just like Jeebus).

I last watched the animation "Belleville Triplets" and for the umpteenth time what I consider to be Alkilyu's and Binkie's guide to diplomacy: Eddie Murphy's RAW.

"...tell him to have a Coke and a smile and SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
Old 01-27-2005, 04:55 PM   #557
Deadhymn

Ive watched Napoleon Dynamite so many times over the past two weeks i can almost dance...
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:02 AM   #558
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
and for the umpteenth time what I consider to be Alkilyu's and Binkie's guide to diplomacy: Eddie Murphy's RAW.

"...tell him to have a Coke and a smile and SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Everyone is entitled to our opinion!
Old 01-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #559
edible_eye

i tried to watch jeepers creepers 2, but the dvd player kept sticking so... i got pissed and didn't watch it.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #560
edible_eye

i tried to watch jeepers creepers 2, but the dvd player kept sticking so... i got pissed and didn't watch it.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:36 AM   #561
AlKilyu

I love the original, e_e, and I was let down by the sequel, so don't rush into seeing it.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #562
Empty_Purple_Stars

Well I finally sat down and watched ' The Passion of Christ ' and all I can say is wow. Totally stunning. I bawled my head off through half of the movie, and a couple of parts I actually got up and left the living room because they were too hard to watch. It was truly amazing and Mel Gibson did an incredible job directing this movie.

The actor who played Jesus could not have been more perfect for the role. I dont think anyone else could have done that screenplay the justice than he did.

It's a real shame that politics is preventing this incredible movie from getting the Oscar nominations it truly deserves.

Truly a work of art.

I also watched 'Hero' last week, and it took my breath away in another manner. Zhang Yimou is an amazing director and this movie was beautiful and stirring in a totally different way. I can't wait to see ' House of Flying Daggers'.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #563
Deadhymn

i had forgotten about hous of flying daggers. i dont think its playing around here though. Too bad...probably couldnt find anyone to go anyhow
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #564
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
It's a real shame that politics is preventing this incredible movie from getting the Oscar nominations it truly deserves.
It's a dumbfuck move on their part, really. Imagine how many people would watch if both the Passion and F 9-11 were up for best picture?

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:29 PM   #565
FenrisQueen

i just saw House of Flying Daggers, actually, and the girl who plays Mei is very beautiful. it's an excellent movie.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #566
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
It's a dumbfuck move on their part, really. Imagine how many people would watch if both the Passion and F 9-11 were up for best picture?
Yes, you would think advertising dollars would be a bigger motivation, but the 'Academy' is so hung up on what they feel are 'anti-semitic' overtones in Passion.

They threw the movie a bone and nominated it for best cinematography.

Blah. Friggin tools.

Get out of the dark ages and attempt a wee bit of focus.

:x

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisQueen
i just saw House of Flying Daggers, actually, and the girl who plays Mei is very beautiful. it's an excellent movie.

Ziyi Zhang is HAWTER THAN HAWT and I have a HUGE CRUSH on her. Mmm mm mmmm good. Plus she is a really superb actress. They don't get much more delicious than that..

:twisted:

Old 01-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #567
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Yes, you would think advertising dollars would be a bigger motivation, but the 'Academy' is so hung up on what they feel are 'anti-semitic' overtones in Passion.

Blah. Friggin tools.

Eh, I don't think it matters who gets nominated if they don't win. Everyone has to say that it's an honor just to be nominated, but that's bullshit. I don't care who wins, either, for any of these types of awards. In any other year, do you give a shit about the Oscars?

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:01 PM   #568
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:

Blah. Friggin tools.

Eh, I don't think it matters who gets nominated if they don't win. Everyone has to say that it's an honor just to be nominated, but that's bullshit. I don't care who wins, either, for any of these types of awards. In any other year, do you give a shit about the Oscars?
Meh, no I am not normally a huge Oscars watcher. I am however a movie fanatic. I've been annoyed more than once over the years when a superb film or actor/actress has been snubbed by the 'Academy' because of politics or popularity. They always nominate these obscure Indie films that no one has ever heard of, but rarely give props to films or actors that truly deserve it. It is tedious, but not an issue I am going to lose any sleep over.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #569
WolfMoon

How I looooooove Ziyi!!!!

A beautiful asian woman that hasn't lightened her hair.

I've been curious, as a pagan about 'The Passion', but I don't think I'd be moved to tears by it.My hubby convinced me a few months ago to watch 'The Best Little Whorhouse In Texas', argh my eyes & ears!!!

Eagerly awaiting 'House of Flying Daggers', totally loved 'Hero'.

edit:Hey Mark!!Maybe you should be glad for the broke DVD player.THere's a scene in JC2 that Salva especially loved taping considering it was a bunch of sweaty boys in their under wear and he's a pedo.Too bad Coppala decided to hire him.

:shock:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:08 PM   #570
FenrisQueen

My mom wanted me to go see it with her church when it came out, but I wimped out, stayed home, and Invoked Cocidius instead.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 01-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #571
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenrisQueen
My mom wanted me to go see it with her church when it came out, but I wimped out, stayed home, and Invoked Cocidius instead.
Do you ever wish you had a badge or bumper sticker that said "Dear God, please save me from your 'good people'"?

I know it was a HUGE thing with all the christians I've talked to.But,it's just a movie to me.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #572
FenrisQueen

Fuck a badge, I want a banner.

It was so funny, because the next day at school, this guy I had known from when I actually humored my mother and tried to be a "good people" and got angry with me, because he knew I was a pagan, and he told me I was going to hell!

Then, ya know, I kinda smacked him and told him to shove his self-righteous bible preaching- you know, I think you get the idea.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:25 PM   #573
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
How I looooooove Ziyi!!!!

A beautiful asian woman that hasn't lightened her hair.

I've been curious, as a pagan about 'The Passion', but I don't think I'd be moved to tears by it.
Ziyi is the yummiest.

As far as Passion goes, it is a stirring movie. I have a strong stomach but some of the scenes I had to leave the room for were just a bit too much for me to bear. It is the MOST hardcore ' Christian ' movie I have ever seen. There are also some really, really dark themes, which suprised me. There are some scenes with ' Lucifer ' and his minions in it that are truly friggin creepy.The whole premise of the movie was to focus more on his humanistic side and what the last 12 hours might have actually been like instead of the sappy Charleton Heston movies about God we all grew up around. I put off watching it for months and months because I assumed it would be just another ' God is great ' Christian movie. But it isn't.

Truly it was worth watching.

An interesting side note: Mel Gibson is a Catholic who is a member of a small branch of Catholicism that DOES NOT follow the Vatican, the Pope, or their medeival edicts.

Go Mel.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #574
MrMaelstrom

I haven't watched The Passion, but after EPS's Passionate critique, me thinks I will.

And those squinty-eyed chicks are cool. I saw one of them once in Hong Kong. My ex-boss had a huge autographed poster of her behind his desk.
Bastard!
Old 01-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #575
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
edit:Hey Mark!!Maybe you should be glad for the broke DVD player.THere's a scene in JC2 that Salva especially loved taping considering it was a bunch of sweaty boys in their under wear and he's a pedo.Too bad Coppala decided to hire him.

:shock:

that's fucked.