Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #51
prophecyofdoom

I consider myself quite fastidious in my personal habits. I bathe daily, frequently twice daily, keep my living space clean and organized, keep on top of the laundry, scoop the cat box twice a day. I never go anywhere near my nose without a tissue. I don't mind sharing beverages but people who drink from the carton gross me out.

I don't think it's disgusting, but other people might, that I seldom shave my legs or armpits during the cold months. I don't mind going as long as a week without bathing while camping or travelling, though I usually bring lever2000 wipes. I rarely wash clothing the first time I wear it, I wait untill it looks like it needs it. If an item is Dry Clean Only, I might never wash it at all. I never clean the inside of my oven unless forced to do so by someone I live with. I don't change my sheets unless they're covered with cat hair or I've had sex upon them.

I did do something really, really vile one time........

I was hanging out with a friend at his house, when our friendship suddenly became something more, and it became apparent that we were going to have sex. I went into one of the bathrooms (it was a multi family home). I went into the medicine chest, took out some random person's razor, used it to shave my legs, armpits, and private area, then I rinsed it off, and put it back. *cringing in shame*
I would never do such a thing again.

While we're on the subject of vile things people do, I'd like to address some gross things I've observed in people's behavior -specifically, men.
Men.....
Handle their penises when they go to take a piss and then they never wash their hands. Every public elevator button, telephone, door handle, ect. is contanimated with penis.
Men.....
Change sexual partners more frequently then they change their sheets.
Men.....
Purposely belch and fart around their girlfriends once they've become "comfortable" with them. Even if the girl says she's okay with it, I guarantee you won't be driving her into a wild sexual frenzy with this behavior.

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #52
raggedyanne

I:
- bite my finger nails
- don't wash my P.E. clothes until they smell REALLY bad
- I sometimes wear the clothes I slept in
- Sometimes if I don't want to take the time to wash the dog seperatly, I'll just throw him in the shower with me (he's a small dog)
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #53
prophecyofdoom

I also wear the clothes I slept in every now and then.........I love the feeling of putting on fresh clothes, but once in awhile it's a nice change not to have to bother.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 05-21-2007, 03:22 PM   #54
erotomaniac87

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom
Men.....
Handle their penises when they go to take a piss and then they never wash their hands. Every public elevator button, telephone, door handle, ect. is contanimated with penis.
Ahahahaha, that has to be one of the funniest things I've heard, or in this case read, in a while, but yet it's so true, so true.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #55
Cyntrox

Quote:
While we're on the subject of vile things people do, I'd like to address some gross things I've observed in people's behavior -specifically, men.
Men.....
Men.....
Change sexual partners more frequently then they change their sheets.
Men.....
Purposely belch and fart around their girlfriends once they've become "comfortable" with them. Even if the girl says she's okay with it, I guarantee you won't be driving her into a wild sexual frenzy with this behavior.
That's three bad generalizations, and nether applies to me.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #56
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I go to sleep in whatever I'm wearing.
I forget to clean out my ears somtimes.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #57
raggedyanne

Some mornings I wake up late and don't have time to shower or brush teeth, so I simply put on some deoderant, get some gum, and run out the door. Also, I have this one military jacket that has seriosly only been washed twice, maybe, in the two years I've had it.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #58
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Some mornings I wake up late and don't have time to shower or brush teeth, so I simply put on some deoderant, get some gum, and run out the door. Also, I have this one military jacket that has seriosly only been washed twice, maybe, in the two years I've had it.
Well be sure that when you wash it to not use color brightening detergent and starch. If you do it will reduce the combat effectiveness of the jacket and make you more visible to night vision goggles.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #59
raggedyanne

Okay, I consider that. Right now I think it's up in my neighbor's tree. I snuck out to help the neighbor boy test out his new bike.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:37 PM   #60
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
That's three bad generalizations, and nether applies to me.
I'm glad to hear it, Cyntrox... Of course I know ALL men don't act like that. Except for the hand-washing part. I doubt the existence of a man who regularly washes his hands after handeling his, or anyone else's, genitalia. If I'm off base on that, so much the better.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 05-28-2007, 06:55 AM   #61
kimaru

I, like many of you don't take very many showers. I only take one if I absolutely have to. I really hate getting wet. I avoid, water-fights, puddles, rain, swimming pools, showers, baths, etc... like the plague. If it's wet I don't like it very much.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #62
Vako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixethtime
Well, I wouldn't consider this a disgusting habit but uhh..
I crossdress sometimes. I'm into visual kei and couldn't resist myself. >=)
I bought 5 gothic ****** dresses and pull the stunt off pretty well. I've worn them to concerts and even went malling in them. ^_^;
I wouldn't quite consider crossdressing to be a "disgusting habit" either, although I am not into it myself, It is hardly disgusting, in my opinion. Alot of guys seem to think it's keen and have alot of fun with it.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #63
badteccy

I haven't showered since Thursday, and I rarely do anyway.
Ew.
I also pick my nose.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #64
mrs.wes straker

The whole picking one's nose thing, right? Disgusting. But I find myself doing it and then I'm like, 'Why the hell am I picking my nose?' I think I might've said this before, but this just amazes me about myself.

Anyhow, my newest thing is that I sniff my fingers when people are talking to me. Not that I've actually had them anywhere because that is really nasty, but I want them to think I have. It cracks me up. I have a strange sense of humor.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #65
Paigeybobert

I pick my nose, eat all of my friends' food, fart and laugh about it, love the smell of my own farts, and I pee in the shower.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #66
pressedflowers

I bring food and drinks into my bedroom and am too lazy to bring them to the kitchen, so I've usually got a few cups or plates growing mold at one time or another.
pressedflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #67
Heatherzilla

I leave empty coffee cups everywhere.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #68
BlackWidow

[quote=mrs.wes straker]I go days and days without combing my hair. I have the nerve to like the way it looks in its twisted, mangled mess. I get it like this on purpose. When I wake up in the morning, I shake my head really hard--- that's my version of styling.QUOTE]

Some hippies do that too, they are called dread locks. lol.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #69
prophecyofdoom

I go incredibly long amounts of time without brushing my hair as well. Most days, after bathing, I twist my long hair into a messy bun and clip in in place. Good enough. The really great thing about this is that my hair remains damp all day. If I suddenly want to look sexier, I can just take my hair down, brush it out, and work in a bit of hair gel. I don't even have to look in a mirror.

Gardeners of the spirit
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
Old 06-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #70
Saddiction

Quote:
I go incredibly long amounts of time without brushing my hair as well. Most days, after bathing, I twist my long hair into a messy bun and clip in in place. Good enough. The really great thing about this is that my hair remains damp all day. If I suddenly want to look sexier, I can just take my hair down, brush it out, and work in a bit of hair gel. I don't even have to look in a mirror.
That's not a disgusting habit. I often do that as well when my hair is longer. Now if your hair hadn't been washed in weeks, that would be considered a bit disgisting.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #71
dark_dragon_of_ice

I like some yuri, neko hentai..does that count?
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #72
mindless1

I dont make my bed...i have two sheets on it that i just throw on because im too lazy to find one that actually fits it. That's only because it's hot right now.

my room's a mess. i write bad poetry. i talk to myself. lol. i talk to the wrong people. sometimes i wear underwear that's too big?? but i just roll it so you cant tell. sometimes i dont wash it...sometimes i cant find any. most of the time i cant find any. im always looking for underwear.

i have picked my nose in my sleep. woke up "ew" but dont do that...
i slouch.
i forget to clip my toenails...
i rip my nails when they get long.

oh....i forgot something.
mindless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #73
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1
i write bad poetry.
I don't believe you!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #74
Caught

Hm I don't have a lot of disgusting habits but one is that I seem to collect cans. Since I spend most of my time in my room I also eat and drink here so there are always a lot of cans and some plates.
But I do wash myself every day although I don't wash my clothes very often because I have a lot of clothes and when I wash them it's one big dark laundry day so then I usually have to wear something old and colourfull -_-".
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #75
mindless1

no, it's pretty bad.
mindless1 is offline   Reply With Quote