Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:43 PM   #76
darkness-creepshow

Goth doesnt have to do with music. Goth was around since the 11th century and earlyer i think, allot of the gothic cathederals were made during that time period also. So this has been a little history lesson.
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #77
Godslayer Jillian

I'm sorry to say that essentially everyone here knows already about gothic art and architecture.
And, again, sorry to contradict you, but Gothic IS about music.
This lifestyle, this music style, this fashion style, this underground phenomenon known as goth hasn't been aroud for centuries, trust me.
It began as a music style a few decades ago.
So, yeah, if you really want to be Goth, there's only two ways:
1- Be a member of the already non-existent tribe that ransacked Rome, split into two cultures, and settled in the Iberian peninsula and northern Italy.
2- Learn a little about the Gothic subculture. "Gothic" does have to do with music and clothing. You cannot really consider you a Goth if you don't know anything about it's music.
And anyone that says "gothic is not about looks" is lying. Goth IS about looks. It's not ALL about looks, but it's still about looks, and effort into trying to look goth.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #78
deamon doll

i agree somewhat with the comment below me. (no pun intended)
however there are 2 types of gothics- the architecture, and the subculture. Now a days people consider themselfs goth even if there into metal music which is far fetched from the punk scene it originated from back in 70's.
Goth is all about looks! Being goth is being vain, and i love it that way!
deamon doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #79
Godslayer Jillian

Not so much vain, but aesthetic, but hell yeah, it's about looks.
You only like the gothic music: You might just like the rythm.
You only have a dark mind: So did Shelley.
You only have the looks: You may look goth, but you don't really know what Goth is.

You have these three: Congratulations, you're just several Albums away of Peter Murphy!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #80
Ben Lahnger

Yep, here's more of the same:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:20 AM   #81
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness-creepshow
Goth doesnt have to do with music. Goth was around since the 11th century and earlyer i think, allot of the gothic cathederals were made during that time period also. So this has been a little history lesson.
All hail het ubergoth ...
Old 10-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #82
Luciferian

I Wouldn't say That "goths" are obssesed with death, I think We see it as a natural part of life, and we bring a little death into our lives, through dress, art, imagination, and self expression. But, Because the other subcultures and mainstream culture reject the thought of it, based on the ideaology that "if you don't think about it, it won't come or at least slow it down" and Our "gothic" lifestyle just remindes them of their fear.

On a different topic, someone said some thing about a communtiy paying $230,000 to have all "goths" arrested. well think about it, go to a white dominate part of town, If an old car drove through very slowly with a bunch of black guys, the white people will be on edge. Also the opposite is true, if a bunch of white people drive around a black "hood", the blacks will get on edge. "Goths" are just another unknown, often misrepresented subculture that most mainstream cultures don't truly know about. But, One cannot dismiss that stupidities of some "goths", Shootings and bombings "in the name of goth" are ill representations of us. How can one do anything in the name of a lifestyle, its like saying "die in the name of Prep".
Luciferian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #83
DarkHeartedDemoness

Doll, while a lot of what you're saying makes sense, I think you need to worry less about your Gothier Than Thou-ness and more about the weird random capitalization in your posts.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote