Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 06-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #76
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Ah, but it isn't, is it?

Just flip it around and see the absurdity of Grausamkeit's stance.
We all know anorexia is a serious and unhealthy thing.
Then I come around and say "being skinny is unhealthy, period"
Someone tells me "but you're also skinny"
Does it make sense for me to say "I'm not skinny! Skinny people are unhealthy!"
or would it make more sense to say "Hm, that's true, maybe it's not just that skinny people are unhealthy, it's that being MORBIDLY skinny is unhealthy. I shouldn't be talking in such stupid absolutes"
Thing is, Wolfie is using "unhealthy weight" as her definition of fat. I'd argue overweight is above a person's ideal weight, which is a pretty individual thing. You're using "I wouldn't fuck them and they disgust me" as your standard of what fat is, which I think is far more problematic.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #77
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You weren't there for when we decided size 12 is fat, huh?
Fuck, I must be really fat, I wear a size 13. ( I think. Your guy's conversion rate is whack.)
Old 06-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #78
Alan

That is definitely not my standard, right there you're just switching to an ad hominem. Why did you even feel the need to do that?

Do you think this guy is fat?

He completed a marathon. He is certainly not unhealthy.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #79
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Fuck, I must be really fat, I wear a size 13. ( I think. Your guy's conversion rate is whack.)
Whats whack is when it comes to women, you hear all the time things like "8 is my ideal size, 12 is fat and I don't like fucking women who are fat", etc etc, but with guys, I never hear women saying there's a men's size they think is fat and they won't fuck over that, you know?
Old 06-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #80
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
A size 13 shoe?

Saya, it's okay, I'm done attempting to explain anything to Alan.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #81
Saya

Quote:
That is definitely not my standard, right there you're just switching to an ad hominem. Why did you even feel the need to do that?

Do you think this guy is fat?

He completed a marathon. He is certainly not unhealthy.
I wouldn't, no. I really don't hold the same standards for "fat" for men and women.

And it is your standard:

Quote:
I could never be attracted to a chubby girl. I like them skinny. I like them to compete with me for who's the lightest. If you had an option of having a girl at 140 pounds or 115, why would you want 140?
From the old thread, where 12 was considered the extreme of plus size, you said 5 should be the ideal size for models, you accused of people saying they'd be attracted to UK 12 girls as being dishonest, and then it went into whether we would fuck the models or not. Why did it go into what we want to fuck? Would we have said the same thing if it were male models?

Now, you weren't the only one to go there, but its an extremely problematic view on what is plus sized, what is overweight, what is fat, and why we always think "is she fuckable?" when we talk about women's bodies.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #82
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
A size 13 shoe?

Saya, it's okay, I'm done attempting to explain anything to Alan.
No, the pants I have are from Russia, so I don't know what the hell that is over here or there or where ever the else pants sizes are different. I like how men's pants are done, waist x leg length. Done, easy, simple.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #83
MissCheyenne

M.O.C, the only country I can find that sizes anything as a 13 is Japan......

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #84
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
M.O.C, the only country I can find that sizes anything as a 13 is Japan......
I see it sometimes in stores, usually stores use even numbers but there's a few around that uses odd. Its weird.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:24 PM   #85
MissCheyenne

I wish that Uk stores did 'inbetween' sizes. I'm not a bang on 12, I'm a little small for it but I'm slightly too big for a 10. If there was an inbetween size, I might have clothes that fit right.

I am your slice of pie
Old 06-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #86
Murder.Of.Crows

From my understanding, different brands have different sizes for different styles. It's bloody confusing. I think I read somewhere that this was a business tactic to force customers to try on their clothes.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #87
Saya

Oh, and apparently I can't read a fucking chart, UK 12 is 8 here. So when was 15 pounds underweight, but shorter, I was fat!

Quote:
From my understanding, different brands have different sizes for different styles. It's bloody confusing. I think I read somewhere that this was a business tactic to force customers to try on their clothes.
Its evil. I wear size 4 pants at most places, I went to Suzy Shier which you think since its for grown up women that it would be reasonable, but I went up to a size 9 I think and it still wouldn't fit, I just left the store because I felt upset.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #88
MissCheyenne

Yeah, I can see that. I bought two dresses last week and had to buy one in a 10 and one in a 12 because the size difference between the two dresses was massive. That was just in one shop and two dresses from the same brand.

I am your slice of pie
Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #89
BlacKat

If we're all supposed to be skinny, why don't stores actually carry clothes for those of us that actually are? I'm starting to really hate vanity sizing.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #90
honeythorn

No one is supposed to be skinny except those who have grown to end up with what is known as the ectomorph bodytype.

http://unrestrainedconfessions.files...pes10sitp8.jpg

( note : those are extremes pictured but you can see the general idea )
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #91
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Why did it go into what we want to fuck? Would we have said the same thing if it were male models?

Now, you weren't the only one to go there, but its an extremely problematic view on what is plus sized, what is overweight, what is fat, and why we always think "is she fuckable?" when we talk about women's bodies.
I think the same thing of male's bodies, so now you went from ad hominem to wild mass guessing.

What bothers me is that you really think it's a lot more tolerant to 'fix' the definition of what makes someone fat so that all 'fat' people can be condemned, instead of stating how most people ARE fat, but fat in itself is not a condemnable condition.
real classy
Old 06-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #92
Saya

Quote:
I think the same thing of male's bodies, so now you went from ad hominem to wild mass guessing.

What bothers me is that you really think it's a lot more tolerant to 'fix' the definition of what makes someone fat so that all 'fat' people can be condemned, instead of stating how most people ARE fat, but fat in itself is not a condemnable condition.
Really? You always think "I would never date a man who's over 120 pounds?"

I don't really want to fix the definition of fat, I honestly never call people fat to begin with.

What I do is acknowledge my perception of weight and what women should look like is fucked up, and I will not project that on other people. I know that "overweight" doesn't mean much. I know "fat" is used to bring other people down, like when everyone was calling Jin fat, and its used to label women "unfuckable". I will not pretend that by saying "most people are fat" I'm being somehow progressive because to me, "fat" isn't bad (but it really is).
Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #93
Alan

To you fat isn't bad (but it really is?
That's just fucked up.
real classy
Old 06-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #94
Saya

I'm saying I don't think by you saying "being fat isn't bad!" You're lying about how you feel about "fat" people and trying to kid yourself into feeling somehow better than everyone else in the thread.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #95
Alan

I'm kidding myself by apparently being the only one that doesn't think all fat people are unhealthy?
Nice.
real classy
Old 06-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #96
Saya

I didn't say anything about unhealthy, bad can mean many things and other than the fact "fat" people irk you and you wouldn't sleep with anyone who meets your standard of "fat", I have no idea what your problem with bigger people is.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #97
Alan

Thinking fat people are BAD is worse than thinking all fat people are unhealthy. But apparently I was giving you too much credit and you'll openly tell me to think less of you.
real classy
Old 06-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #98
Saya

Quote:
Thinking fat people are BAD is worse than thinking all fat people are unhealthy. But apparently I was giving you too much credit and you'll openly tell me to think less of you.
For fucks sake, do I have to spell it out for you? *I* do not think fat people are bad. You on the other hand, openly admit you're sizeist and think fat is bad. Just somehow by saying "its not necessarily unhealthy" doesn't make you a progressive person who's the bigger person here. At least Wolfie has a healthier idea of what is a healthy weight, you'd lump all people including people who are underweight as fat based on a number or your fucked up ideal that girls should be a toothpick like you.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #99
Alan

Can you point out anywhere where I say being fat is bad? Because I believed that was what I've been arguing against all this fucking time, you dipshit.
real classy
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #100
Saya

Quote:
Personally I do tend to be a 'fattist', let's call it. I know some people are overweight because of legitimate biological reasons but even knowing that it still irks me.
Probably my two only conservative aspects are this, and an emphasis on wanting my children to be genetically mine.
Plus what was in the old thread, and I'm pretty sure you were in on the "lets call Jin fat because apparently she doesn't give us enough ammunition" phase.

So, why don't you like "fat" people?