Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #1176
Sanctus Dei

I have to go to work in ten minutes, for 13 hours? WTF? I think my boss is conspiring to eliminate me through exhaustion. Evil prick.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #1177
Gnossos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

I totally lurve the 'mammoth' books! I think I may have read Dark Terrors, but I can't remember. I've read so many anthologies it's ridiculous! I'm truly a short story fan.

I love anthologies, too, Wolfmoon. I think that the short story is the finest form of the horror genre.

I was convinced that I'd read at least one *Dark Terrors*, but I couldn't find any in my library. However, I do have *Dark Destiny, Darkside, A Walk On the Darkside, Dark Love, Dark Masques, Darker Masques, Masters of Darkness I and III, Lost On The Dark Side, Dark Forces, Daughters of Darkness, The Dark Descent, and Rulers of Darkness*.

That's a lotta Dark.
Gnossos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #1178
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnossos
I love anthologies, too, Wolfmoon. I think that the short story is the finest form of the horror genre.

I was convinced that I'd read at least one *Dark Terrors*, but I couldn't find any in my library. However, I do have *Dark Destiny, Darkside, A Walk On the Darkside, Dark Love, Dark Masques, Darker Masques, Masters of Darkness I and III, Lost On The Dark Side, Dark Forces, Daughters of Darkness, The Dark Descent, and Rulers of Darkness*.

That's a lotta Dark.
That certainly is a lot of Dark!

How's the kitty training? Did you get to work with them again, yet? THey sound soooo sweet! One of the things I really miss about working with animals is the fact that the love you for everything. They're thankful to be walked/brushed/petted/played with/have their nails clipped/be bathed/fed. Okay so that's mainly dogs with the bathing/brushing thing. But I still miss it sometimes. The only reason I quit working with animals is because of the last boss I had. Must've been betrothed to Satan to have such a bad attitude.

One of the things I hated about her was that she acted like she really cared about animals, but kept her own (mostly breeding dogs) in small cages most of the damned time. She never liked the remarks I made about that. Animals were just a way she made money. I hated the fact that she was so two-faced to clients.

GRRRRRR!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #1179
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I (L) WolfMoon like whoa!
I love you too, Tenet.

*HUGZ*
Old 04-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #1180
tenet_2012

I got a jobby today.

It's fast food but I don't plan on staying long. As soon as we get my meds evened out I might be able to drive again.

Fuck yeah! I am excited. I get so bored when I don't work.

*thank god for SSI*

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #1181
WolfMoon

HUZZAH!

Having a job will make you feel human again. getting out in the real world and doing stuff instead of sitting on the 'net watching your ass grow, like me.

Okay, I'm only on when I'm not at work, but I swear I can feel my ass growing.

*Grabs Tenet and does Happy Dance*
Old 04-11-2006, 04:46 AM   #1182
maggot

I upsetted my GF. I'm not quite sure what I did, but she's royally pissed at me.

It actually happened last night.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:01 AM   #1183
Morrigan_Dubh

Wierd that, Maggot. Are you my guy posting in disguise? I'm pretty sure that is what he's thinking now...

So far I've walked to work, freaked my guy out with PMS-tastic e-mails, and just posted on this board while waiting to be given work to do...

Oh, and read a bit of "The Turn of the Screw".
Old 04-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #1184
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Wolfie, what is with your text? It's so big! It looks like one of those rap-guys girlfriends. It's just so...out there!
I'm fucking with the 'bookantiqua' font. I want to find a snazzier font, but don't have the time. I keep messing with the size and making it italic or bold trying to find something that pleases me. The original size is too small to read comfortably.

I have to get off my procrastinating ass after this post and do some actual house work. We's having company and prolly gunna grill up some vittles!

Boi Howdy!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #1185
Sobeh

It's an option if you use the Post Reply button instead of the Quick one, as far as I know.

Yay for fonts!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:08 PM   #1186
maggot

You womenfolk confuse me.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #1187
Sanctus Dei

What's to be confused about? She would like to use her font, the board apparently doesn't support her choice of font... so she chooses to remain with the current choice.

I get it... and without an intelligent or elevated level of deduction. So again, "What's to be confused about?"
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 04-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #1188
maggot

You specifically :P

I don't understand why you would care

God, sanctus. Make sure you know that you're flaming somebody about the right thing before you do it.

Wow. Also, I just have to say "womenfolk" and I get Xng reaming me with a rusty spork.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #1189
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
You specifically :P

I don't understand why you would care

God, sanctus. Make sure you know that you're flaming somebody about the right thing before you do it.

Wow. Also, I just have to say "womenfolk" and I get Xng reaming me with a rusty spork.
I'd quit if I were you...

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #1190
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot

Xng made a post.

You responded without an explanation in your choice of words.

One would naturally assume your post was in response to her post. So unless you specify your general statement you may assume said proclamation is game for ample rebuttal. But that being said.... I have yet to strike a match let alone set you a flame, I merely asked you a question pertaining to your supposed response to Xng. Perhaps I pointed out the ludicrous nature of your subject... but by no means was that a flame. So in response, 'make sure you have a valid point before demanding your immunity against an imaginary attack.'

Old 04-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #1191
maggot

Hehe, good point Tenet. I will die.

Let me apologize. Xng, I didn't mean to generalize. I just saw that it was two ladies on the board talking about it(I was skimming) and so I said womenfolk.
And Sanctus... I'm moody recently, sorry about that.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #1192
Sanctus Dei

Apology accepted and appreciated.

Old 04-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #1193
Sobeh

Said hi to Edible as in e_e? How is he? oh! I just read his post in the Help Me Plz thread, nevermind!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #1194
Icarian Decoding

So, if today is "National Hurt Pussy Day".
Is that like "National Amnesty Day", or is that more like "Cry-your-ass-off-because-your-my-bitch Day"?
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:45 PM   #1195
TwistedKitsune

I woke up, ate breakfast, took the sheets off my bed, put them in the washer, cleaned my fishtank, put my sheets in the dryer, started reading a new book, put newly cleaned sheets on my bed, took a bubble bath while continuing to read said book, watched Fairly OddParents, ate lunch, watched some more random TV and now I'm here, happily ignoring my younger brother and making the most of my Spring break! Maybe I'll crochet another octopus...

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #1196
Sanctus Dei

Wow.. I talked to Korova for two hours and fell a sleep and that's it. But I only had 4 hours of sleep inthe last 48 so I have an excuse.

Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #1197
TwistedKitsune

you've gotten more sleep than me!! My fish is happy, but confused. Imagine someone scooping you out of your house and putting you in a tiny for an hour, giving it a thorough cleaning, rearranging all your furniture, and then pouring you back inside through the roof and throwing some food on the floor for you. I sometimes wonder about my grumpy little fishy-boy...

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #1198
Gnossos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
That certainly is a lot of Dark!

How's the kitty training? Did you get to work with them again, yet? THey sound soooo sweet! One of the things I really miss about working with animals is the fact that the love you for everything. They're thankful to be walked/brushed/petted/played with/have their nails clipped/be bathed/fed. Okay so that's mainly dogs with the bathing/brushing thing. But I still miss it sometimes. The only reason I quit working with animals is because of the last boss I had. Must've been betrothed to Satan to have such a bad attitude.

One of the things I hated about her was that she acted like she really cared about animals, but kept her own (mostly breeding dogs) in small cages most of the damned time. She never liked the remarks I made about that. Animals were just a way she made money. I hated the fact that she was so two-faced to clients.

GRRRRRR!
Wolfmoon- I'm sure there's a special corner in Hell that awaits your former boss. Our shelter has investigated a number of "backyard breeders" (i.e. puppy mills), and I will never forget (as much as I'd like to) the conditions they endured- all in the name of turning a buck.

Believe me, once you've shaved the filthy, maggot-infested mats off a mama dog who's thrown so many litters that her teats are just about scraping the ground, you'll never think that pet store puppies are adorable again. Because that's mainly where they come from.

The "owners" always protest that, "Hey, I'm running a business here! And I was just about to clean that cage" that the dog can't stand up or turn around in. I mean, we all know that every animal is capable of producing a solid four-inch layer of dried shit in 24 hours. Right?

It's a great day when these bastards are indicted on cruelty charges; greater when they are found guilty, fined, and forbidden to ever again possess animals; greatest when the dog(s) they subjected to abject neglect is adopted into a loving home.

Um, feel free to put this in Rant.

As to the cat training, things are going well. Shaq, Grey, and Midnight, three of my star pupils, have been adopted (Yay! All had been at the shelter for over 3 months), so I'll have a bunch of new cats to work with tomorrow. I clean up after and socialize with the unavailable cats on Mondays and Fridays, so I have a fairly good idea of the cats' temperament before they go on the floor.

Noodles has already offered- with NO enticement- a very charming "sit pretty" (on haunches, paws up). Acorn loves her some food, and will be easily persuaded to do tricks. Sam has personality plus brains: the quintessential smart cat. I have high hopes for him.

Tomorow, I'll start (officially) training them.
I'll let you know what happens.
Gnossos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #1199
Sanctus Dei

Nice. Gnossos, any suggestion on the best way to slim down an over weight cat? My baby is getting older an she's a 14 pound domestic short.. she doesn't seem to eat alot, and I feed her low activity food but I swear she's getting fatter.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #1200
Sanctus Dei

And if I have two cats?