Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:34 AM   #101
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Okay, maybe dancing isn't my thing, but I am incredibly funny. In fact, though you have all seen this before, if you watch it and don't laugh. . . it doesn't matter. I know you laughted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2gFRPL2OB0

Nope, I neither laughted nor laughed. You owe me three minutes and seventeen seconds of my life.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:17 AM   #102
Bete Noire

Wow. I managed to miss this thread for five pages.

Catch, I thought the original video was awful. I felt a little sorry for you until I read the whole thread.

Seriously. If you're gona do something, stay out of the limelight til you can do it well.

The Paris Hilton thing is bollocks. Utter cat-shit oxygen-thief type bollocks.

I don't think I can really say much about it that hasn't been said.

EDIT: Changed my mind. I didn't think things could get worse than the Rick Roll thing. But you did it m'dear.

On another note, I'd forgotten Molly was Santarea. And that she could dance that well. And how jealous I am of Corpsey for ending up between the whipped cream and chocolate.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #103
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
EDIT: Changed my mind. I didn't think things could get worse than the Rick Roll thing. But you did it m'dear.

On another note, I'd forgotten Molly was Santarea. And that she could dance that well. And how jealous I am of Corpsey for ending up between the whipped cream and chocolate.
Who is Rick Roll? Do you have footage?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:43 PM   #104
Solumina

His name is Rick Astley, being Rick Rolled is clicking on a link and instead of taking you where you expect, it takes you to a video of him singing "Never Gonna Give You Up"
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:50 PM   #105
Catch

Oh right. I thought it was a virus at first.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #106
Underwater Ophelia

Ok. Just watched your "Fading Flower" video.

It's great that you like to dance. It really is, and I hope you have fun.

Having fun does not mean you're any good at it. That's ok, but don't get mad when you ask if you're good at dancing and people say no.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #107
Atom Kat

Catch wants attention. Congratulations, most of you gave her plenty of it.

Ah well, there is sometimes a vast difference between those with talent and those with fame. Regardless of how talented or untalented you might be, if you get in peoples faces enough, sometimes you can reach fame. If Catch can achieve this while others with talent get nowhere because they never tried, then how can I fault her. And I still have to respect the perseverance and the thick skin.
So good luck to you Catch.
Atom Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:16 AM   #108
Atom Kat

(And the BFF vid contained dancing as average as I have seen at any club. So I guess you aren't the worst dancer ever. Oh well)
Atom Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #109
Catch

Thank you Atom Kat. I was thinking about it and I may want to waste some of my time to prove that I can actually dance and take the whole thing more seriously. Might be rewarding socially. "Exhale" by Prodigy might be good song. This may take some time to put together.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #110
Xombie

It never ends, does it?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:28 AM   #111
Minyaliel

Oh no.... *groan* Please don't. Except if you spend the rest of eternity taking dance lessons from a highly qualified dance teacher first. Watching your videos was just as bad as Vogon poetry...
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 AM   #112
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Thank you Atom Kat. I was thinking about it and I may want to waste some of my time to prove that I can actually dance and take the whole thing more seriously. Might be rewarding socially. "Exhale" by Prodigy might be good song. This may take some time to put together.
You mean 'Breathe'? The correct track name would be a good start.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #113
JCC

A good start would be to stop. Now.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #114
Bete Noire

I think that if Catch had a bloody clue she'd have stopped by now.

This thread has been strangely disappointing. I was hoping to learn something of the mind of the delusional. But alas, the internet fails.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #115
MollyMac

It never ends? It never fucking began. Hardly even qualifies as beautiful loser territory. You could almost argue that it is abject failure at its most average.

Bete's in my chocolate syrup and whipped cream man-wich. He knows this.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #116
Catch

That is what I was saying until you started harassing me. I don't plan on making a living as a dancer so it doesn't make sense to practice.

However, now feeling challenged it might be good to clear the air on the subject. Too bad they are right about the age limit. I attempted doing some high kicks and more difficult steps the other day. I was tired after a half hour.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #117
honeythorn

Quote:
I don't plan on making a living as a dancer so it doesn't make sense to practice.
Well then why the hell did you even think of attempting a televised DANCE competition? I have to ask, did you honestly hope to win? Or get far? Was that your absolute best effort? Because if you think so then you are tremendously deluded. I honestly don't mean that in a horrid way, I'm being factual.

And if you had no intention of going on there to either win or get close enough to the finals in order for someone in the entertainment industry to notice, spot or headhunt you, then I can tell you now that you've gone about it the wrong way.

Yes you've got guts to go on and dance in a shit way knowing you have had insufficient practice, but you aren't impressing anyone. It isn't amusing or entertaining to watch you embarrass yourself ( and believe me you are ) even if YOU don't actually feel embarrassed. People clearly aren't enjoying watching you, and I don't just mean us lot here, the judges did not enjoy it, the commenters on youtube have expressed their apparant dislike.....seriously, find yourself something else to do or work and train your guts out for it like other people have to.

There are people with real honest talent out there who work their fucking socks off to try and make it in some way, your half hearted efforts are an embarrassment to both yourself AND them.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 PM   #118
Xombie

Honeythorn's got a real good point. If you had no intention of making a career of dancing, why would you go on a show...meant to give a person a career in dancing? Let's pretend you are a good dancer. If you were to make it to the finals, or whatever the hell they do, and you happened to win, but then decided, "Pfft, whatevz, this was all in good fun," you would be depriving somebody else - many people, rather - of their life-long DREAMS.

You're a bad person. :[
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #119
electrosexual

Catch will try her luck at anything, regardless of the cost of dignity/disrespect to others. She wants to be famous without merit. At first, I thought the SYTYCD ordeal was just unfortunate and maybe nerves. But it's clear to see that she's just a desperate, fame-grabbing harpy.
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #120
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Catch will try her luck at anything, regardless of the cost of dignity/disrespect to others. She wants to be famous without merit. At first, I thought the SYTYCD ordeal was just unfortunate and maybe nerves. But it's clear to see that she's just a desperate, fame-grabbing harpy.
Actually that isn't true. I am not going to audition for American Idol though they are going through town and I wouldn't have tried out for SYTYCD if they have been more clear on the age rules.

They checked IDs at the very beginning, before I invested a lot of my time. They could have said, "You can't be on the show," at that time, but they didn't. You have no idea how long I was there. It was a rude and awful experience all the way around. I am trying to make the best of it, because at least I appeared on TV when most people didn't even get that much out of the experience.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #121
MollyMac

It had nothing to do with your age.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:49 PM   #122
Catch

You never read it did you? I was going to the audition and then they told me I could dance for the judges but not compete in the competition. Therefore, there was no real reason to try dancing as well as possible. Kind of undid everything, but I went and danced anyway.

The age limit is 30 and I am 31 so it could have been an error. The only consolation is being on TV longer than most people I was waiting in line with.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #123
MollyMac

I read it. They did not waste your time. You did.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #124
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
she's a desperate, fame-grabbing harpy.
Quote:
Actually that isn't true.
Quote:
...at least I appeared on TV when most people didn't even get that much out of the experience.
Quote:
*Paris Bff*
Quote:
*Other fruitless endevours*
>_>
<_<
>_>
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #125
LaBelleDameSansMerci

*rubs forehead* I can't help thinking, Catch, that you are trying to use these reality shows as a way to become famous without doing much work. I think you even expect to do less work than the people who work to do well on the reality shows (as opposed to people who go about it the long way).

*takes a break to read about grammar*

If this whole thing was a whim, really, how much positive experience can you gain from it? Does one not tend to say "Oh well" after failed whims? In your writing, you come across as rather disappointed and bitter about the whole affair, even before people started bashing you.

Dance for fun. We all do.

Who knows? Maybe you'll make it big in the finacial advising field. :P
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote