Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: what do you think of gay marriages?
i totally support it 147 81.22%
ugh, it's disgusting 9 4.97%
don't care 25 13.81%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2004, 09:55 PM   #101
raven_of_mourning

Quote:
Do not change your opinion more than once in a days period.
here's some advice, read and understand things before posting about them. i never changed my opinion, if you would have read instead of thinking (oh he is using the bible, lets go after him) you would have seen it, i never said gay's shouldnt get married, personally if they want to go for it if they dont, then they can be like the other non-married couples in the world.

Quote:
Do read extensively to form your opinions and give both sides due study.
maybe you should try this one out yourself.

Quote:
Do not base every argument on the bible, there are more current precedents available to prove your point.
i dont base every argument on the bible, but when a question comes up concerning what the bible says, it's a bit hard to steer clear of it isnt it?

oh and i truly dont care that much about this argument, that you see as such a pressing matter to continue going on about, to spend alot of time checking my grammar, puncuation, and spelling, but i will go ahead and apologize for misspellings because obviously YOU have never misspelled anything.

quit with the thread-jacking already. besides this is abvously going no where so why continue it? i wont. the end.
raven_of_mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 03:09 AM   #102
SuicideJade

i'm gonna perform a small thread jack..
i know who the jellobeast is in my pen that Ravena made me over in If Goths Ruled the World...
it's Raven_of_Mourning :twisted:
flames apparently don't do a body good :P
Old 05-16-2004, 09:10 AM   #103
raven_of_mourning

OK great, whatever I'm done arguing. At least has the point I was trying to make been understood?? Because personally I dont like being called an intolerant homophobe when it is far from the truth, perhaps you guys do, but I dont, perhaps I am weird who knows. I must congratulate you TStone, I have never seen anyone proclaim their own victory quite as many times as you, it is a wonderful ability you should be proud...
Old 05-17-2004, 07:36 AM   #104
evelynne

Who was it that said those sites would be hilarious if they weren't dead serious? (not in those words, obviously) Because I agree, but I'm too tired to look up the exact quote. Dear godess. I'm going to bed.
Don't try to stop me Xnguela, I might be able to bitchslap Bush while I'm up there... lol... (inarticulate yawn)
evelynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:45 PM   #105
raven_of_mourning

Quote:
raven_of_mourning, will you tell me honestly that you hate homosexuals? I can believe that perhaps you don't agree with the idea of homosexuality, but do you really, truly, honestly hate homosexual people simply because of their sexuality?
.... I do not hate homosexuals, never have never will, never said I did or ANYTHING to that extent. Just because a few people, who think too much of themselves, want to claim somebody is a homophobe or anything like that, does not mean that it is true. I dont know how much more blatant I can be in saying it. I have tried but I suppose some people simply wont listen.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:56 PM   #106
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven_of_mourning
Quote:
raven_of_mourning, will you tell me honestly that you hate homosexuals?
I dont know how much more blatant I can be in saying it. I have tried but I suppose some people simply wont listen.
Is it just me or does anyone else see the brilliant display of irony betweeen the tone of Ravens posts and his Sig?

"If you don't antagonize people, they are less likely to throw things at you."

:roll:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 09:03 AM   #107
Suiside_Kitty

you know, i was fully intending to post here, because i Do have an opionion on the topic.... but it seems like a waste of time, since it's become a public arguement between Two people. so, ok..... on to a different one. :roll:
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:47 AM   #108
JoneZZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I have many catholic relatives, so I have come to accept intolerance and fear of gay people, but I don't think that I have ever seen something so blatantly hateful! It's bizarre! I happen to think it's kind of funny, actually... but then, I'm one of those people who choses to laugh so no one can see me cry.
Just so you know, before you generalise chatholics, i'm a bi sexual chatholic, my friend is lesbian and she was recently confirmed. most catholics have moved on from hating gays, even my local priest says god loves everyone and that gays are no different. I'm fed up of going on all these sites and getting my religion slagged off because of a few zealots. i feel people who want to discriminate gays because of the bible should either go all the way with the bible, or not at all because of their own prejudist (sorry, i'm useless at spelling) the bible also says you can have your wife stoned to death if her parents can't prove their dauter's virginity; do we take notice of this? no! so why are we discriminating Gays.
JoneZZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #109
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiside_Kitty
you know, i was fully intending to post here, because i Do have an opionion on the topic.... but it seems like a waste of time, since it's become a public arguement between Two people. so, ok..... on to a different one. :roll:

I work better with direct insults because I tend to miss the discreet ones. Just an fyi.
*SNORT*

BWAHAHA

EPS,I noticed it too. :wink: Guess that means he's asking for it.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #110
kog3100

No hating on the Tstone. He is still discovering himself. And these boards are one of the tools he uses to do that.

Along with a mirror.

:wink:
kog3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #111
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kog3100
No hating on the Tstone. He is still discovering himself. And these boards are one of the tools he uses to do that.

Along with a mirror.

Know thyself!!!

:lol:
Old 05-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #112
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Quote:
Quote:

I work better with direct insults because I tend to miss the discreet ones. Just an fyi.
*SNORT*

BWAHAHA

Hi Wolfie, Texas blows..Please lobotomize me..Leave a message..

BEEEEP!!!

Brilliant display of Irony Part Deaux..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven_of_mourning
Quote:
raven_of_mourning, will you tell me honestly that you hate homosexuals?
I dont know how much more blatant I can be in saying it. I have tried but I suppose some people simply wont listen.
Is it just me or does anyone else see the brilliant display of irony betweeen the tone of Ravens posts and his Sig?

"If you don't antagonize people, they are less likely to throw things at you."

Ahhh good times..

*fucking sigh*

I REALLY need to get out more..

Anyone interested in freeze drying me and mailing me to Guam?

:shock:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #113
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Quote:
Quote:

*SNORT*

BWAHAHA

Hi Wolfie, Texas blows..Please lobotomize me..Leave a message..

BEEEEP!!!

Brilliant display of Irony Part Deaux..
Fucking shit!!Just call me the Queen of Redundancy!!!

Old 05-20-2004, 02:28 PM   #114
JoneZZe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoneZZe
Quote:
I have many catholic relatives, so I have come to accept intolerance and fear of gay people, but I don't think that I have ever seen something so blatantly hateful! It's bizarre! I happen to think it's kind of funny, actually... but then, I'm one of those people who choses to laugh so no one can see me cry.
Just so you know, before you generalise chatholics, i'm a bi sexual chatholic, my friend is lesbian and she was recently confirmed. most catholics have moved on from hating gays, even my local priest says god loves everyone and that gays are no different. I'm fed up of going on all these sites and getting my religion slagged off because of a few zealots. i feel people who want to discriminate gays because of the bible should either go all the way with the bible, or not at all because of their own prejudist (sorry, i'm useless at spelling) the bible also says you can have your wife stoned to death if her parents can't prove their dauter's virginity; do we take notice of this? no! so why are we discriminating Gays.
I'm sorry... I didn't mean to generalize Catholics... My friend Claude was baptized Grace and wishes to remain part of the Catholic faith...
All I was trying to say is that my relatives are catholic. They worship the Pope's shit. They are also from Minnesota, so haven't had much experience with diversity. Therefore, I wasn't saying that Catholics are homophobes, I was saying that my Catholic relatives are. I'll admit that my wording wasn't originally clear, but I'm taking this opportunity to clarify.
it's ok, sorry i had a bitch at you for it, i was a bit pissed off that day. sorry.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:41 PM   #115
miss_ann_thropy

Seperation of church and state, plain and simple.

Sorry if someone already said this, I only skimmed through. I'm kind of tired.
miss_ann_thropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #116
miss_ann_thropy

I personally think catholocism is a lovely religion, it's sad sort of.
miss_ann_thropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:19 PM   #117
Suiside_Kitty

TStone wrote:
Quote:
um... it wasn't an insult directed to you.... i don't even know why i typed that, anyways. i know that this is free space, for anyone to write anything they want.... and i came across as a bit bitchy... um... k, it happens espicially when it's not meant as bitchy. but i am sorry, for what it's worth. i actually enjoyed reading the different view points, to an extent.

again: sorry, man.

Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:12 PM   #118
Takhisis

Quote:
Just so you know, before you generalise chatholics, i'm a bi sexual chatholic, my friend is lesbian and she was recently confirmed.
Not bashing on misspellings or anything, just being random. But "Chatholics" has now put me in mind of a betentacled priest giving communion. "Take this, my tentacle, broken for thee... Ia! Ia! Cthulhu ftaghn!" etc.

As for gay marriage... hell, I think that anything consenting adults choose to do without deception is fine. A guy lies and marries 4 different women in different states, and each one thinks they're the only one? Bad. A bi threesome who have lived together for a decade and want equal medical, legal, and visitation benefits for all partners? I don't see any problem with that.
Takhisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:28 PM   #119
Morpheus_Noctifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhisis
Not bashing on misspellings or anything, just being random. But "Chatholics" has now put me in mind of a betentacled priest giving communion. "Take this, my tentacle, broken for thee... Ia! Ia! Cthulhu ftaghn!" etc.
*Applauds!* That's a good one. I can actually see that happening in some of the older cathedrals down in New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I think it would liven up some services.
Morpheus_Noctifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:10 PM   #120
JoneZZe

the only reason i really stay in Catholicism is because of it's purity (and my fear of the other side) i feel that many religions need to a)modernise, such as islam, i think personally, we are beyond having women swathed from head to toe in black (i know alot of the ladies quite like black from head to toe, but you know what i mean). and B) need to formalise and become less corrupt.

i love churches (although in england most of the old medieval and gothic style churches are protstant because when the church reformed all the churches got taken away and we had to start from scratch again with lazy modern archatecture.) i love alter serveing, 'tis the only thing to do during long masses, i love the robes, i love the procession with candles and incence and a huge crucafix. i am senior alter sever and so i normally am the one with the incence and i'm the one who serves wine to the other servers (and drink all the rest ).

ok i think you've heard enough of my experiance and love of the christian faith, i'm sure you're all bored by now! :P
Old 05-21-2004, 02:45 PM   #121
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhisis
Quote:
Just so you know, before you generalise chatholics, i'm a bi sexual chatholic, my friend is lesbian and she was recently confirmed.
I thought it was the Great Spider?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:17 AM   #122
MrMaelstrom

Although I wouldn't wanna topple anyone's spiritual sandcastle here, I'd like to remind you the issue at hand is same-sex MARRIAGES and NOT religious weddings.

And even regarding those, I believe I made my point quite clearly regerding those.

As the egomaniac I pride myself to be, I recommend you go back to the first couple of pages and read up on the wisdom I already passed on, before getting into another theological issue which should be addressed separately from any thread where people's LEGAL rights are being discussed.

This, of course, considering the people writing on this thread not to be of the fundamentalist pesuasion.

If the separation between church and state are to be addressed, they should be done in a manner where a "church" (a religious organization) and its official policies are discussed, rather than a spiritual pissing contest between religious preferences here.

It can be argued that its relevant to discuss spirituality, seen as it it "supposedly" the reason behind the choice in official stands (such as the use of contraceptives, abortion and gay-related issues).
Call me a pessimist or just a clear thinking individual and I'll say: I don't think so.

And regardless of the part that a secular religion (judaism, christianism, islamism and paganism) might have come to play in our modern conceptions of law, it must be acknowledged that we surely must have evolved beyond that, and the separation of church and state is probably the only reason that we are not behaving in the "exact" same manner as terrorist fundamentalists as a society (yet).

So, while we're not yet immersed in a society where our actions and decisions are dictated by religious moralists, let's act like its not going to be and argue if people are all the same with the same rights, are some more equal than others?

Really, it saddens me that something so obvious as this as dragged on as if there really is something to discuss here. In the mind of an inteligent, respectfull person (something I always thought there was more here than in most other places) this thread shouldn't even have gotten this far.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:39 PM   #123
Emptysoul

I Think that whoever wants to get married should. How can someone be denied he right to the freedom of married? Our whole governmental system was based on freedom, and people like bush are closed minded pricks and need to just get over it all. Our society doesn't need people like that in the government we have enough of them running around like idiots everywhere else. If same sex couples want to get married what is it really hurting? Not a damn thing. If you dont like it then i don't know what to tell you, but no one should be denied the right to marry who the love.

Sorry if this really dosent make a lot of since im very opinionated and my thoughts don't always come out in the right order.
Emptysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:42 PM   #124
GothHyena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Creature
I'm all for gay marriage and it pisses me off that people use shit from the bible to say that it is wrong. Christians need to realize that the bible wasn't written by god and the ideas in it are not reflective of the ideals of god (if there is one). It was written by ancient, close-minded, fuckheaded humans and therefore the ideas in it are not going to be relevent in today's society. It is biased, full of contradictions and crazy rules. If laws were dictated by the bible, men would still be allowed to beat the shit out of their wives and children.
...inwinds a bit thanks to Asuri... Kiddo, READ a book before you knock it . I've read the Bible twice for my own self. I assure you that it's worth the time. If what you mean is that most people screaming about the issue wouldn't have the ethic to check their facts first much less be worth consulting for public policy, I DO agree,however. Watch it here, it's easy to get slammed. :wink:
GothHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 01:25 AM   #125
Alekzandr

I could get biblical and cite scipture on why the whole gay lifestyle is wrong.... but my personal views are much more entertaining and flamible.

generaly, I oppose same sex marriges on behalf of the state. Why would the state wish to support an institution that dosent generate more slaves, er, citizens?
Marrage, in it's legal form, is an institution of the state, and if somebody is going to marry then they better contribute! Its our civic duty. those for gay marriage just arn't thinking "pro bono publico".

let me reiterate: I have no problem whith people who have homosexual temptations, its only when we give into them that we detract from our taskmasters.
Alekzandr is offline   Reply With Quote