Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #126
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
This site won't? Just upload them to photobucket & post it in [IMG] brackets.
Oh, I'll have to try that. Still trying to figure out how this site works.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:49 PM   #127
devereaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelTheLiar
I found a VK website with Manson section. And I've recently discovered that Dir En Grey beats the living fuck out of Manson in terms of sheer shock and quality. Two words: Obscure, uncensored.
If you want sheer shock value, just look up G.G. Allin---No one comes anywhere close.
devereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #128
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by devereaux
If you want sheer shock value, just look up G.G. Allin---No one comes anywhere close.
Well I personally look for a bit more than just shock. If I could I'd post the video of "Obscure", but I'm fairly sure it won't allow that, so I'll try for a shot of the band. [http://photobucket.com/albums/b321/t...irengrey3.jpg]
I hope this works.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:52 PM   #129
devereaux

Quote:
Well I personally look for a bit more than just shock. If I could I'd post the video of "Obscure", but I'm fairly sure it won't allow that, so I'll try for a shot of the band. [http://photobucket.com/albums/b321/t...irengrey3.jpg]
I hope this works.
That doesnt change the fact that G.G. Allin is indisputably the craziest, most obscene shock rocker of all time.
devereaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 10:51 PM   #130
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by devereaux
That doesnt change the fact that G.G. Allin is indisputably the craziest, most obscene shock rocker of all time.
Well, like I said I look for more than just shock.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #131
Scolaí

I wasn't a big fan of MM until I saw him on Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher a few years ago. He is incredibly articulate, well-spoken, and intelligent. His appearance is shocking, but once you get beyond that to the mind behind the mask, you find there is a lot going on.

I haven't bought an album yet; the only song I've ever listened to by him is "This is the New Shit" from the Matrix Reloaded album. I like it and might actually get a copy of Antichrist Superstar, though doing so is not exactly a priority in my life at the moment.
Scolaí is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #132
missbites

Well my opinion is that his lyrics are lame, but some of his songs are bareable -musically anyway.- Like previously mentioned he is a shockrocker, and he does try too hard to be 'obscene' (spelling?) I mean comon! Going door-to-door trying to insult people? I can do that just be walking down the street if I wanted! Also he isnt good looking in the slightest, with or without make-up. Not trying to offend people here, but he is just boring.
missbites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #133
night_vampire

i like him 2 and i like the gothic souls
night_vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #134
Needled

I've only heard 2 Manson songs. "This is The New Shit" and "The Dope Show". Out of the two, I prefer The Dope Show. The other one is okay.. I wasn't impressed though...
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #135
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_vampire
Please go introduce youself in the 'introduce' thread in the general section. Also, please use correct grammar.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #136
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_vampire
One order of Mandatory Sterilization to go please..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #137
Jane13

I l0ves t3h 3P5 ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:57 AM   #138
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
I l0ves t3h 3P5 ^.^
Ok, what the hell did you just say?
Old 01-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #139
Black Widow

Location: Behind you, possibly making sweet love to random pieces of furniture while singing Dragostea Din Tei
Heh...Marilyn Manson. I saw the "Sweet Dreams" video, and he kinda reminded me of Necro from Street Fighter 3 from some angles. If I ever were to do a Street Fighter 3 movie, I'd cast him for the part. As for his music...I could go all day into the comparison of Korn/Manson/Slipknot...personally when it comes to nu-metal, I prefer Slipknot myself. But Manson's cool too.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #140
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Ok, what the hell did you just say?
She said " I love EPS " in L33t Speak.

Duh.

*Twitch*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #141
Nemesion

I really like Manson's Antichrist Svperstar/Mechanical Animals/Holywood triptych. I'm hoping that his new album (which comes out this spring apparently), is better than his last two.
Nemesion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #142
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I love you and Xnguela!

Abel... you realize there is a difference between l337 and chat speak, right? Neither is appropriate on long posts on a forum, and I take you jab... with its jabbitiness... except cushioned... I'm sleepy, good night. Anyway, I mean I took no offence.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #143
WolfMoon

Manson blows goats!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #144
AbelTheLiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars

Duh.

*Twitch*
oops. I need to think this post out better.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #145
unedifying

Quote:
My thoughts on Manson are very well incapsulated by an article I saw on the Onion about 4 years ago. It had him going door to door trying to personally offend everyone in America. In the end several people offered him cream corn and he went away. I think he would be easier to stomach if he didn't try so damn hard.

You know, I love Mr. Manson, but that was fucking pathetic; honestly he needed a smack in the face for that one. (Mmm, cream corn! 8D)
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:09 PM   #146
Decay|Of|Belief

My two cents: I like Manson *Shrugs;* maybe not how I used to..? Which was when I was at the unhealthy.. "I'm so in love with him! Wait, what, you're not?! GO SHOOT YOURSELF AND DIE, GO DIE NOW, HE IS GODDD!" ..obsession stage, but yeah. His music's pretty alright for something to sing along to on the car ride home, I guess, but I wouldn't classify it as highly as I would have, say, two years ago.. Just because I've broadened my horizon, you know?
Decay|Of|Belief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #147
Godslayer Jillian

Come on!
I can't believe how many people don't know that The Onion is a parody newspaper!
Marilyn Manson DIDN'T "embark on a door-to-door tour in an effort to shock the suburbs in Overland Park, Kansas."
Just as well, Harry Potter DOESN'T "incite kids to practice witchcraft" and DOESN'T "recruit children to Satanism"
Both of these articles were covered by The Onion, both in parody of traditional newspapers, and both were taken absolutely seriously by people who think everything on the Internet is real, and therefore contributing to the exact point The Onion was trying to prove.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #148
unedifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Come on!
I can't believe how many people don't know that The Onion is a parody newspaper!
Marilyn Manson DIDN'T "embark on a door-to-door tour in an effort to shock the suburbs in Overland Park, Kansas."
Just as well, Harry Potter DOESN'T "incite kids to practice witchcraft" and DOESN'T "recruit children to Satanism"
Both of these articles were covered by The Onion, both in parody of traditional newspapers, and both were taken absolutely seriously by people who think everything on the Internet is real, and therefore contributing to the exact point The Onion was trying to prove.
Just like that crazy mother fucker who wrote that webpage; 'The TRUTH About Marilyn Manson!' I'm afraid of him.
unedifying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #149
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I love reading The Spoof, an Onion-like vegetable.
A sample of their satire on a Politically Correct Society gone amuck:

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.c...dline=s8i11309

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #150
homo-adonis

Seems like his best work is when he covers someone elses material. I'm not a big fan.
homo-adonis is offline   Reply With Quote