Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #176
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
*blissful sigh*
-GROUP HUG EVERYONE!! Isn't that so special you could vomit?
Makes me feel sorry for these kids when they grow up and actually have to face..um,what's that called again?...Oh yeah:REAL LIFE. Makes me feel sorry for about half a second, then I ceased to care.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #177
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
If you don't care, why are you still here?
You haven't figured it out by now? I hate Gays so much that I have to pound it into everyones' head. Yeah, I'm such a Homophobe that I'm afraid if I touch a Gay person I'll catch Gay from them. And of course,my entire world revolves around what strangers think of me online.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #178
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
Ok guys... I have read this whole thread over and it has come down to nothing but cynical, rude and sarcastic comments on all parts. The truth is that there is no real debate happening here anymore. The fact is that ripping into people is not debate.

Reject - People are only ripping into you because of the fact that you are acting younger than I am. Hopefully you can grow like the rest of us when we realize our mistakes and continue from there. If you do choose to make some sort of a turn around and can elegantly present your arguement, then please do so in a more... mindful manner. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Actually, there was a lot of intellectual debate going on; he just happened to ignore every bit of it in lieu of what he desired to read or felt capable of arguing against in terms of opinion vs. opinion.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #179
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Ok guys... I have read this whole thread over and it has come down to nothing but cynical, rude and sarcastic comments on all parts. The truth is that there is no real debate happening here anymore. The fact is that ripping into people is not debate.

Reject - People are only ripping into you because of the fact that you are acting younger than I am. Hopefully you can grow like the rest of us when we realize our mistakes and continue from there. If you do choose to make some sort of a turn around and can elegantly present your arguement, then please do so in a more... mindful manner. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Agreed, darkangel, but there's no point wasting your breath (or indeed, tiring your fingers typing) trying to communicate with this troll. S/he obviously doesn't have the mental capacity to carry on an intelligent discussion and is only here to play the victim and get him/herself flamed. Hey, whatever gets you off dude! I for one can't be bothered anymore.

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #180
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Actually, there was a lot of intellectual debate going on; he just happened to ignore every bit of it in lieu of what he desired to read or felt capable of arguing against in terms of opinion vs. opinion.
Yup. What he said. =)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #181
Disfunction

Quote:
I agree with you both, and no, my fingers only get tired when I have to argue with a wall... an internet wall... but I know that we all have shared our opinion on this issue and throwing meat to the troll doesn't help the situation guys... so let's get back to the subject at hand.

Has anyone actually proven that there is a gay gene?
In very basic terms? Kinda.

If I had my issue of the magazine I've sourced the basics of my argument off of, I'd be able to cite in greater detail, but I'll say that homosexuality starts off with a genetic predisposition (not a guarantee) of being homosexual, followed by environmental factors. So, there IS a genetic aspect to it that HAS been proven. To what extent is still uncertain, but it certainly isn't the only factor that plays a part. Some people can choose whether they are attracted to men or women, and nowadays, they tend to choose both. rouchly 10% of the population is exclusively homosexual, and the chart I posted earlier conveys a very plausible and innovative model for looking at the issue of homosexuality.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #182
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
If you do choose to make some sort of a turn around and can elegantly present your arguement..
Basically agree that you all are right,and I'm nothing but a closed-minded Homophobe.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #183
Metatron

Saying that there is a 'gay' gene is just like saying there's a gene that makes your favorite food linguini. It's just fucking ridiculous. You can't genetically alter one's A's and T's or C's and G's to make a fucking heterosexual baby. Period. End of story.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #184
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metatron
Saying that there is a 'gay' gene is just like saying there's a gene that makes your favorite food linguini. It's just fucking ridiculous. You can't genetically alter one's A's and T's or C's and G's to make a fucking heterosexual baby. Period. End of story.
Careful,people might think that you're(Dramatic Pause)Homophobic.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #185
Reject_Bunnies

Since when did this become a fucking LBGT support group?
Oh wait,it already was.My bad.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #186
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reject_Bunnies
Careful,people might think that you're(Dramatic Pause)Homophobic.
In case you failed to read the first post, I'm queer.

Being gay is also something you develop. I remember when I was younger, I used to have dreams about women all the time, but as time went on, I got more and more "attracted" to men. It really isn't different from anything else you like, linguini or otherwise.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #187
Metatron

Quote:
It's not fucking ridiculous, Meta. And until you're a scientist or have otherwise proved your case, I'm not sure "period. End of story." applies.
That wasn't directed towards you, Xng. I just think it's ridiculous how people get opinions from everyone, but the last person they get an opinion from is the person it involves. Heterosexuals, generally speaking, or even better, homophobics, only side with those of the same beliefs. They create their own reasons for homosexuality, creating a stereotype for all gays. It's wrong...gay people should be the first to decide on gay matters.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #188
Metatron

I understand that, and I thought that it was something you're born with as well but I started remembering dreams I had when I was younger. Maybe it just doesn't surface until you start learning about what 'sex' is...yeah, that makes sense. And I'm sorry for offending you!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #189
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reject_Bunnies
Since when did this become a fucking LBGT support group?
Oh wait,it already was.My bad.
Look, I have been ever so patient with you..

Please cut your crap, and act like a grown up.

Otherwise, I have to start wasting your time and mine by deleting the posts you make that contain insults and epithets..

Just quit okay?

Find another thread to contribute to if this one isn't working out.

Please just stop with the Bullshit..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:02 PM   #190
Metatron

I did all the time. I had the biggest crush on that girl from Melrose Place...I can't remember her name. It was at a really young age though, around six I believe. Then again, pretty much everything turns you on at that age.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #191
Metatron

I'm not quite sure now. In no way am I a genetics expert, but I've always thought that the only thing genes do, is preset your build. I didn't think they had anything to do with what you thought, and how your brain functions. It's a field I'm going to have to do more research in.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:13 PM   #192
Metatron

Right, but that's build. ADHD is an actual disorder...if we go by that theory, saying being homosexual has to do with genetics is kind of like saying it's a disorder, which is what I don't want to say.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #193
Metatron

Heh, you've got that right. I don't know...part of me really wants to say "Hey, it's got to be genetics if you're born with it.", but then the other half of me wants to scream, "I'm just a fucking queer! There's no difference between me and you besides the fact that my ass hurts a bit more when I wake up." I'll have to think about it for a while to sort it out...all DNA is is a bunch of nucleic acid and protein...how could that hold the key to whether you're going to grow up gay or straight? I think it comes down to more of a philosophical level.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:29 PM   #194
Disfunction

Quote:
I already stated mine with support of scientific evidence. Sexuality is defined more or less the same as handedness. Genetics DOES play a part, but it is environment that defines it more than anything else. On top of that, there are varying forms of sexuality that stem beyond point, counter-point and midway in between. This isn't about just homosexuality, at this point. It's about sexuality in general, as there is no set right or wrong, and everyone ends up somewhere else on a broad spectrum of similar, yet different, possbilities.

Old 02-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #195
Metatron

I need to read more about genetics anyways...science definitely isn't a strong point. I understand how DNA is formed, it's just the storing information part that I'll have to look up.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #196
Disfunction

I'd go as far to say that hatred of homosexuals is closer to being a mental disorder than homosexuality. If you look at the working definition, one fits more closely than the other. Anyway, as far as my perspective sits, everyone sits somewhere else in the circle. If everyone sits in a different spot, there can be no single right or wrong.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:59 PM   #197
WolfMoon

Ya know, it's really sad. I had taken the time to flame the fuck out of this retard the other day, then got disconnected riht before I got to post.

But I see you guys did an excellent job tearing this idiot a new one.

*flame-on*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:58 AM   #198
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
...all DNA is is a bunch of nucleic acid and protein...how could that hold the key to whether you're going to grow up gay or straight? I think it comes down to more of a philosophical level.
I know how you feel - this sort of question has been troubling me for over a decade now. You're right about it being a philosophical debate. I want to write some more on this but I've got to go to the doc and get some pills for my tonsilitis now! Would it be too much off topic if I posted my thoughts on the above when I get back later?

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #199
ExistentialDisorder

I'd been waiting to see if someone was going to have the balls around here to actually turn this topic into a real debate. Unfortunately it seems in my absence I've missed the majority of it.

Just as there is scientific evidence that supports the 'Gay Gene', there's also scientific evidence that supports an 'Addiction Gene'. Neither of which have been proven or disproven so far. This came to mind when I was reading through the earlier posts, where bunny boy was weakly trying to equate his alcohol addiction to homosexuality. So in that light, I can see a relation, but it wasn't anything close to what he was trying to accomplish. In fact it pretty much defeats his point.

Assuming Bunnies' story holds any truth...

you said you were called 'queer' 'fag' 'gay' etc., in school by other kids due to your social inadequacies, therefore you now hate gay people because of it. Where the hell is the logic behind that?? Please explain because I don't see how homosexuals could possibly be at fault for your harrassment by school mates. That makes no more sense than somebody being called a dog due to their physical looks and in turn hating all dogs because of it.

Being sexually assaulted by a homosexual does not, by any means, justify a hatred towards all homosexuals. Only that one particular person. You could just as easily have been abducted and assaulted by a woman. Would that justify your personal hatred for all women?

Also, you've yet to give reason behind your labeling homosexuality as being "perverted". What is it exactly, in your mind, that makes it perverted? By definition, (that being the term 'perverted'), homosexuality is no more perverted than any sexual act between two heterosexual people, especially when they are having sex for any reason other than procreation. So if you find homosexuals perverted, then you must also find hetersexuals perverted. And, more importantly, you must never have engaged in consenting sexual activity with anybody else, regardless of gender, for any other reason than to reproduce. Otherwise, your belief that homosexuality is perverted makes you a hypocrite. So I ask you, why do you think it's such a perversion?

I think that you take your very few past experiences with those you know to be or assumed to be gay and draw narrow-minded conclusions from those sole examples without bothering to look at the bigger picture. Yes there's a lot of promiscuity among the gay community. Probably 10 times moreso than heterosexuals, if not more. There's reasons for this, and theories behind it - some of which are inherent human tendencies between genders - that you've never even bothered to consider or even think of, because you let your hatred cloud your logic. Have you ever once tried to analyze it? Even a little bit? Most likely not.

You hate gays because of what ONE individual did to you. That's illogical.

You hate gays because of the very few examples that get thrown at you here and there on tv shows, or some flamboyant queen you see walking down the street. That's also illogical, as well as extremely stereotypical and unfair.

You hate gays because some kids called you a fag at school however many years ago it was. That's not only illogical but completely nonsensical. How many boys in middle and high school HAVEN'T been called a fag at some point or another by their idiot, childish peers? It's what kids do.

"At least I won't die of AIDS" - Factoid for you: currently in the U.S. homosexuals are one of the lowest percentages of reported HIV/AIDS cases, and have been for a few years now. The highest reported percentage is African-American women (in a specific age group that I don't recall at the moment).

HIV is NOT a gay disease, yet that one little statement made by you shows again, your bigoted, narrow-minded homophobic and ill-informed views. And yet you accuse the people on this forum for automatically labeling you this or that just because you don't share their opinions or beliefs.

I've yet to see you state anything that proves any logic behind your negative views towards homosexuals. or at the very least, back it up with factual data.

You can't argue religion because religion, along with the bible, is no more accurate than the personal views and opinions of whoever it is that's interpreting it at the moment. There is, however, nowhere in the bible that states homosexuality is a sin. I was just watching/listening to a documentary on this last week on the history channel but I didn't catch the title. I tried looking it up on their website but no luck. But if you do use religion to justify homophobia, then you also have to consider all the other 'sins' equally perverted, to include everything from drinking alcohol, sex outside of marriage, and shopping or working on sundays.

I can't currently provide a link to these statistics, but you can research it for yourself if you'd like. In most every major U.S. city, 1 in 3 to 1 in 5 people are either homosexual, bisexual, or have experimented with it consentingly at some point in their lives. That equates to approximately 4 to 10% of the entire world's population. MOST homo/bisexual men choose to remain closeted to their fellow friends/family. Which means chances are extremely high that there's at least somebody you work with, are friends with or are related to, that is homo or bisexual and you don't have the slightest clue. You may think you do, or you may think there's no way anyone you know is, but that's nothing more than your - once again - hatred/fear/ignorance speaking.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:56 AM   #200
Deviant Kitten

ED, you're obviously an intelligent and articulate individual - don't waste your time trying to communicate with moronic trolls like reject_bunnies! All of us here have tried to have some sort of debate with him but apparently he only replies to the posts he understands; ie. the ones in which he's flamed for being an exasperating little twat. All attempts to get something out of him other than "you all think I'm a homophobe!! You're such a stupid clique!! Waa waa..." have ended in defeat. He still doesn't get that the problem we have with him is his agressive attitude and not his views - he's been told numerous times that we're willing to listen to him if he voices his opinions intelligently and doesn't just type crap about being attacked (which he's since admitted was a lie) and "called a fag". We might not agree with his views, but if he was willing to explain them in an intelligent manner and join in our conversation like an adult we'd at least have respect for him. Instead, 'reject' is clearly enjoying being rejected and playing the victim (poor maligned little creature that he is...) *rolls eyes*

~ Wei Hui